Hydaelyn Role-Players
Your character's OOC nationality. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Character Workshop (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: Your character's OOC nationality. (/showthread.php?tid=10265)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Your character's OOC nationality. - ChewableMorphine - 02-23-2015

(02-23-2015, 04:16 PM)DrDucker Wrote: HELL

aka

the balkans

R E M O V E

RE: Your character's OOC nationality. - Aya - 02-23-2015

I guess I can elucidate some!  Aya's origin is Scandanavian, or at least that's what it was intended to be.  I originally imagined Highlander Hyur as Nordic.  A warrior people from a land of cold and snow (albeit, without the ships).  I've come to find that's probably not the case, especially given how dark skinned Highlanders tend to be, she really stands out with her pale skin and blonde hair (but.. that's what she is!)

She's tall (5' 10", without heels), and rather athletic.  Despite her cheerfulness and bubbliness there's a hint of potential menace to be seen in her form for anyone taking a close enough look beyond her body language.

Culturally she's an adapter, a useful trait for a girl who spent most of her childhood as a refugee.  She adopted Ishgardian culture as her own, and speaks with an obvious and undiminished Ishgardian accent, and carries the mannerisms and mystique of her adoptive home city.  I suspect that native Ishgardians can tell her accent is not quite right, and would rightly assume that she's not native to the city, but others would find it very difficult to do so. She tried to blend in somewhat during her time in Gridania, but has intentionally continued to stick out in her Ishgardian manner in Ul'dah.

(02-23-2015, 04:37 AM)Thaarus Wrote: If you try to make me kiss a cod or drink garbage rum out of a boot, I'm out.

Guess you aren't invited to Flynt's house parties.

(02-23-2015, 04:17 PM)Coatleque Wrote: Coatleque would certainly pass as Irish or Scottish with her pale skin, red hair, and green eyes.  She speaks as a proper English lady, however.

You have three tits and hurt my feelings GET OUT OF MY HOOOOOUSE

RE: Your character's OOC nationality. - Faye - 02-23-2015

Faye would be English, definitely. Only other alternative would be from the southern US, perhaps. Ahh, yes, she could very easily be a southern belle, sitting on her front porch in a poofy dress drinking iced tea with a sweetly sarcastic "bless you" as Papa threatens her latest caller with his shotgun...

RE: Your character's OOC nationality. - Val - 02-23-2015

(02-23-2015, 11:50 PM)Faye Wrote: Faye would be English, definitely. Only other alternative would be from the southern US, perhaps. Ahh, yes, she could very easily be a southern belle, sitting on her front porch in a poofy dress drinking iced tea with a sweetly sarcastic "bless you" as Papa threatens her latest caller with his shotgun...

Does this mean Val gets to be the redneck hooligan trying to win her love and braving shotgun blasts to the face to prove himself to her?

Show Content

(02-23-2015, 11:53 PM)Val Wrote:
(02-23-2015, 11:50 PM)Faye Wrote: Faye would be English, definitely. Only other alternative would be from the southern US, perhaps. Ahh, yes, she could very easily be a southern belle, sitting on her front porch in a poofy dress drinking iced tea with a sweetly sarcastic "bless you" as Papa threatens her latest caller with his shotgun...

Does this mean Val gets to be the redneck hooligan trying to win her love and braving shotgun blasts to the face to prove himself to her?

Show Content

Well if we're all suddenly Southern, Flynt is this bastard

[Image: tumblr_lqz4qyKLE91qe9gu6o1_500.gif]

RE: Your character's OOC nationality. - Y'lani - 02-24-2015

Y'lani would without a doubt be Syrian. Many of her songs are inspired by Syrian folk music and her tribe's language is similar to Arabic, like English is to Spanish. 

In fact, the song Yal Asmar Ellon was my driving factor to make Y'lani. Feel free to have a listen! This choir's performance begins rather quiet at first, and then grows into a large crescendo later on, so... just a warning!

[youtube]_cc8Z29cbNk[/youtube]

RE: Your character's OOC nationality. - Smiling River - 02-24-2015

Indian, more specifically the northern regions most likely. Smiling River is heavily inspired by "Siddhartha" by Hermann Hesse after all.

RE: Your character's OOC nationality. - Titor - 02-24-2015

Titor is definitely Kazakh

RE: Your character's OOC nationality. - ChewableMorphine - 02-24-2015

(02-24-2015, 12:22 AM)Titor Wrote: Titor is definitely Kazakh
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQW_Vhjfv1xaIAr1-AMwR4...DfnkjAkadA]

RE: Your character's OOC nationality. - Faye - 02-24-2015

(02-23-2015, 11:53 PM)Val Wrote:

Show Content

Yes. Yes, it does.

[Image: tumblr_m3udopeouv1r96fbno1_500.gif]
[Image: tumblr_m3udopeouv1r96fbno2_500.gif]

RE: Your character's OOC nationality. - Volk - 02-24-2015

Davai, Russies! /o/

RE: Your character's OOC nationality. - ChewableMorphine - 02-24-2015

(02-24-2015, 12:48 AM)Volk Wrote: Davai, Russies! /o/

[youtube]3cqDXlfASMM[/youtube]

cyka

RE: Your character's OOC nationality. - Aduu Avagnar - 02-24-2015

I've never really considered it, but I would probably have to say English! (specifically, Regency English, and upper class at that Tongue)