Hydaelyn Role-Players
Ohai der. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Ohai der. (/showthread.php?tid=1031)

Ohai der. - Patience - 06-04-2011

Ohai der!

I just bought FFXIV today, after seeing that it was $10 less than its list price at Wal-Mart, and having been following its patch development for a while. While I'm not new to MMOs, having played WoW, LotRO, Guild Wars, EverQuest II and more recently, Rift, I am new to FFXIV.

I am a fairly heavy roleplayer - as a rule, while I do enjoy questing and killing things, my favourite activity is usually roleplaying. I have roleplayed for several years on several games, from most of the aforementioned MMOs, to Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2. As with most games I play, the first thing I did when I bought the game was google for "FFXIV Roleplay", which led me to you guys!

IRL, I have a full time job so I am not available all the time, and only for a limited time on weekday nights. My three biggest play days are Saturday, Sunday and Monday, as I work Tuesday to Friday each week.

IC, I've been running around this afternoon as Tailin Nelevene, a Miqo'te Marauder, who has started in Limsa Lominsa, and if anyone is interested in RPing with a n00b at this game, it would certainly be welcome!

Hope to see you all in game soon!

Re: Ohai der. - Lily - 06-04-2011

New blood! Welcome.

You'll likely see me around eventually, hope things are going well for you so far.

Re: Ohai der. - Verence - 06-04-2011

G'day to ye! With the current state of the community, while freelancing is certainly a viable option, finding a RP linkshell tends to provide more opportunities for RP so it may be something you'd want to consider. If not (or supplementally), there's always Redpearl, a purely OOC RPer discussion and meetup shell. It can get a little spammy at times, but temporarily filtering specific linkshells out of the log is always an option.

But yeah, if you want to dive straight into RP, I'd give the Linkshell Directory a look. Be careful though, a number of the shells listed on there are currently inactive and there are a number more unlisted. This is slated to be resolved soon, but just now the listing isn't 100% accurate. Check the website link for any group that interests you and make sure.

Alternately, there's always the Guild Hall forum which, while not as convenient to browse, does offer a more up-to-date and comprehensive listing.

Whichever way you choose to get RPin', here's hoping for the best.

Re: Ohai der. - Smiling River - 06-05-2011

Welcome to the community.

Re: Ohai der. - Patience - 06-05-2011

That Redpearl linkshell could be useful to have then. I certainly wouldn't mind joining it. Smile

As for RP guilds...I'd certainly be willing to join one but I'd have to do some research into it first, hehe.