Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Laid back, Freelance Merc from Ala Mhigo Looking for Connections - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Laid back, Freelance Merc from Ala Mhigo Looking for Connections (/showthread.php?tid=10385)

Pages: 1 2

Laid back, Freelance Merc from Ala Mhigo Looking for Connections - Domri Blackblade - 03-01-2015

Hi everyone. I'm Domri and I recently returned to FFXIV and Balmung as a server this past couple weeks. If you've been around Ul'dah in stange hours of the day, you've probably seen Domri loitering around there.

I run a small group that's comprised of OOC friends and was hoping to expand a little bit. I'm huge on collaborative efforts in RP and am open to pretty much anything. So, please don't hesitate to spitball ideas around here, I love plotting and planning.

Currently, I would like to establish a sort of working relationship with people and their groups. We can do things like security details, be hired muscle, you name it. If you run a tavern, a company, heck, even a deli, I'd be interested it learning about it and part-taking.

I'm also interested in establishing more individually oriented connections, though I'm not going to rely on this post too hard for that. I'm completely okay with doing it the old fashioned way and just approaching everyone whenever I am IC!

To make a neat little visual list for people who are like me and are drawn to lists, here's what I am currently open to:
  • Employers
  • Past connections (anything from the wiki is fair game)
  • Establishments / Businesses that are either looking for patrons or outsourced work
  • Any ideas you come up with or want to work with me on

* I am open to family connections, but would like to work especially closely in that case.

Domri's Wiki for reference: https://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Domri_Blackblade

RE: Laid back, Freelance Merc from Ala Mhigo Looking for Connections - Username - 03-01-2015

Vaerimont is also a mercenary/sellsword, what have you. Mayhaps they could have met briefly from a mutual client? Send me /tell Vaerimont Lectoroix if you are interested!

RE: Laid back, Freelance Merc from Ala Mhigo Looking for Connections - Minako Kobayashi - 03-01-2015

Eshy owns a lovely Apothecary your laid back Mercenary could always stumble upon. Few workers there, that he could make friends with and such. Also if he can get on Eshy's good side, she could even help find him work mayhaps. I'm all for opening up to include anyone I can! If you're interested, feel free to "pester" me in game.

RE: Laid back, Freelance Merc from Ala Mhigo Looking for Connections - Val - 03-01-2015

Vallois is a mercenary and has had jobs in the past. There's a possibility that they worked together for the same client, and Val was a member of the Immortal Flames for a while until he met his wife! Either would be fine, though more connections for Vallois would be great =)

RE: Laid back, Freelance Merc from Ala Mhigo Looking for Connections - Faye - 03-01-2015

Ooh fun. My FC and tavern are pretty well-staffed on their own, but I'll see if I can come up with any ideas. Smile

RE: Laid back, Freelance Merc from Ala Mhigo Looking for Connections - Maril - 03-01-2015

Nailah leads a company, which has a tavern though it's currently not staffed. Occasionally do events of various sorts which may sometimes need a hand or two from the outside. I'm a european with nocturnal tendencies so depending on your hours they may be able to stumble across each-other and have a chat. Also a potential for just a casual connection, she does enjoy simply meeting new faces ^^

RE: Laid back, Freelance Merc from Ala Mhigo Looking for Connections - Domri Blackblade - 03-02-2015

Oh my! A lot of great responses!

(03-01-2015, 04:01 PM)Vaerimont Wrote: Vaerimont is also a mercenary/sellsword, what have you. Mayhaps they could have met briefly from a mutual client? Send me /tell Vaerimont Lectoroix if you are interested!

I will definitely shoot you a message in game next time we are both on! Unfortunately, last night something IRL pulled me away from the game.

(03-01-2015, 08:54 PM)Eshtola Halha Wrote: Eshy owns a lovely Apothecary your laid back Mercenary could always stumble upon. Few workers there, that he could make friends with and such. Also if he can get on Eshy's good side, she could even help find him work mayhaps. I'm all for opening up to include anyone I can! If you're interested, feel free to "pester" me in game.

I believe we actually spoke once before! I'll definitely shoot you another PM so we can set things up.

(03-01-2015, 08:57 PM)Val Wrote: Vallois is a mercenary and has had jobs in the past. There's a possibility that they worked together for the same client, and Val was a member of the Immortal Flames for a while until he met his wife! Either would be fine, though more connections for Vallois would be great =)

(03-01-2015, 08:59 PM)Faye Wrote: Ooh fun. My FC and tavern are pretty well-staffed on their own, but I'll see if I can come up with any ideas. Smile

Great! If you catch me online shoot me a friend request and maybe we can brainstorm possibilities!

(03-01-2015, 09:04 PM)Sastra Wrote: Nailah leads a company, which has a tavern though it's currently not staffed. Occasionally do events of various sorts which may sometimes need a hand or two from the outside. I'm a european with nocturnal tendencies so depending on your hours they may be able to stumble across each-other and have a chat. Also a potential for just a casual connection, she does enjoy simply meeting new faces ^^

That sounds awesome! I'm sure he and his friends could act as some hired help ICly to maybe keep the peace or just oversee the events in general. Casual connection works just the same. I'm happy to start if casual as as we get more of a feel for the interaction see how much more it can grow to.

RE: Laid back, Freelance Merc from Ala Mhigo Looking for Connections - Nicholas Graveshire - 03-02-2015

I'm a part of Domri's group and interested in making some connections as well. Nicholas is a roaming midlander doctor/scholar with training in archery. I'm usually lurking around Ul'dah, or the Saucer these days, but Nick is a nomad so he can basically be IC anywhere. Eventually, open up a clinic sometime in the future with this band of mercs, but until then, if anyone is interested in RP or contacting me, feel free to poke at me in game.

RE: Laid back, Freelance Merc from Ala Mhigo Looking for Connections - Berrod Armstrong - 03-02-2015

Berrod is currently the proprietor of an adventuring company, but only up to three years ago he was a savage desert bandit leader. I'd be more than happy to open connections with your character on either side of that line!

RE: Laid back, Freelance Merc from Ala Mhigo Looking for Connections - Seye Qhesu - 03-02-2015

Brianna is available as a connection if you wish to abuse it. She is from Ala Mhigo as well and even was part of a rebel group trying to take it back(but was found and slaughtered by the Garlean forces ).

Your guy is more then welcomed to know her or have heard about her. All information is on her wiki.

RE: Laid back, Freelance Merc from Ala Mhigo Looking for Connections - Domri Blackblade - 03-02-2015

(03-02-2015, 01:01 PM)Berrod Armstrong Wrote: Berrod is currently the proprietor of an adventuring company, but only up to three years ago he was a savage desert bandit leader. I'd be more than happy to open connections with your character on either side of that line!

Oh, that sounds like it could definitely be interesting. I like the angle the desert bandit possible to bring to the table. I should be on this evening.

(03-02-2015, 01:10 PM)Brianna Dunham Wrote: Brianna is available as a connection if you wish to abuse it. She is from Ala Mhigo as well and even was part of a rebel group trying to take it back(but was found and slaughtered by the Garlean forces ).

Your guy is more then welcomed to know her or have heard about her. All information is on her wiki.

I am reading the wiki right now! I think it could be completely plausible that they both rebelled against the Garleans back in the day and could serve as a means of recognition. I should be on later this evening and I can shoot you a message if I see you on!

RE: Laid back, Freelance Merc from Ala Mhigo Looking for Connections - Bryn - 03-02-2015

Raising Bryn's hand here as another Mhigan ex-Resistance fighter.

(03-02-2015, 03:16 PM)Bryn Wrote: Raising Bryn's hand here as another Mhigan ex-Resistance fighter.

Great! They seemed to hit it off on the small interaction they had yesterday.

RE: Laid back, Freelance Merc from Ala Mhigo Looking for Connections - Seye Qhesu - 03-02-2015

I'm home and online for the rest of the night so anytime you want to meet up, let me know! Though, fair warning- Brianna has to kick someone's arse because she can so that may take up some of her time.

RE: Laid back, Freelance Merc from Ala Mhigo Looking for Connections - Domri Blackblade - 03-03-2015

I'm doing my best to get to everyone! So, if I've been a little slow it's only because there's only one of me. ):