Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Scorpion of Shan'Gai Chah [closed] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: The Scorpion of Shan'Gai Chah [closed] (/showthread.php?tid=10463)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: The Scorpion of Shan'Gai Chah [closed] - Twinflame - 03-06-2015

Baoht Zuqqa Roh found something distasteful in the demeanor of the child of Man. Every few moments it found a new way to disgust him. As long as he could tolerate it, however, it didn't matter. If the man succeeded in killing Shan'Gai Chah, he would not succeed in escaping afterward, and ash could have neither life nor unlife. "We will travel south so that I may hunt in Zanr'ak. It will not be as far or long as you think, for the Amal'jaa have desert roads that your people never use. They would die of exposure to heat if they did, but I sense this will not be a problem for you. Once I find Shan'Gai Chah, I will sick you upon him like one of my drakes. Then you will either kill him or... cease to be. I will not help you."

RE: The Scorpion of Shan'Gai Chah [closed] - Naunet - 03-06-2015

"You're a real pleasant guy. Mind telling me what he did to get you so riled up? I don't really like killing people, y'know." Nevermind the fact that he actually had never done so at all. The thought of it made his stomach churn, but he didn't trust himself to be able to outrun this hunter in an escape attempt. He let out an inward groan. What had he done to deserve all this crap, really?

"Shan'Gai Chah is not like the rest of us at Zunr'ak." Baoht Zuqqa Roh turned to walk out of the water, back southward. Dark fluid glistened around the wound that Thal had given him, but he did not react to it. He was beginning to feel the pain more, but that did not mean he needed to respect it. The wound did not deserve his consideration. "The Amal'jaa of Zunr'ak are chosen by the fires of Lord Ifrit. We are untempered metal until he hardens us. Shan'Gai Chah came to us untempered, begging for the grace of Ifrit without having earned it." He huffed, and then growled, and the drakes that followed him ran ahead. "That is not why I am angry. He will be tempered soon, but has not been tempered yet. He should be a servant, but declares hunts. He declared a hunt for you, and look at you! Unworthy prey."

"Eh?" Red ears shifted uneasily as he made to follow the Amal'jaa. "I've never met the guy. How the heck would he know to, uh... hunt me?" The talk of tempering disturbed him as well, but strangely not as much as the former. He made a face behind the mask and shifted his grip to hold K'aijeen a bit closer, absently petting her hair with a few fingers.

Bahot Zuqqa Roh walked around one group of large stones and then began to climb the next. He made his way up into the dusty mesas and crags of Thanalan, the blistering highways of peists, carrion-feeders, drakes and beastmen. "If you manage to kill him slowly, be sure to ask him. Though, child of man, it is not difficult to imagine why one would desire the destruction of one not meant to exist."

"Right, but, I've never met the guy," Thal felt like he should just reiterate that. Sure, he could kinda sorta understand someone who had once known him wanting to... re-kill him. As unhappy as that made him feel. But some random beastman? Tilting his head back, he swung his tail in vexation. "Man, whatever. I'm so tired of this. Starting to think I should've never left that forest."

"Then you should never have left. The desert does not pity those who feel remorse." Baoht Zuqqa Roh gave the child of Man one final glare. "If your only breath is to complain, then save it. I do not like meat that whines too loudly."

Blue eyes rolled behind the mask with a muttered, "Fine, whatever." He would follow the hunter in silence afterwards.

The upper highways were hard and unpleasant, even for the Amal'jaa. Baoht Zuqqa Roh did not walk them for his comfort, however. They moved more quickly than the low, easy roads of men would have allowed. They bypassed the thick sands of the lowlands quickly. The settlement of the Ala Mihgo refugees was a vague blur through air that shook like water, and no other home of men entered into their sights. It was as though the desert existed only for the Amal'jaa, as it should, and this desert was silent.

They would have to pass through the lowlands to get to Zanr'ak. It was a long time before they came into view, but then the migrating sands were before them like a river cutting through the land. Baoht Zuqqa Roh stopped without descending, looking across the chasm to the home of the Amal'jaa. "Are you a hunter, child of Man?"

Thal looked up but was slow to break his silence, instead peering past the Amal'jaa to stare out across seemingly endless dunes. He felt like he might get lost in them, but that prospect strangely didn't scare him. Finally he spoke the the beastman's question, in a tone far more somber than his usual, "Yeah. I am." He didn't know how he knew this, but it felt true.

Baoht Zuqqa Roh chuckled. "I suppose, though, I will have to give you move than a scent to go off of, won't I?" He stomped one foot and roared, summoning his drakes. They weren't far off, and one was next to him very quickly. He crouched down next it and removed a bundle of cloth from a pouch on his side, opening it and holding it beneath the drakes nose. "Do not worry, however. I have a plan."

Tearing his eyes from the sands, Thal squinted at the drakes and the object in the beastman's hands. "I didn't think you'd care about comforting me." How sweet, he almost added in jest, but for once wisely held his tongue, more than aware of how powerful this hunter was. Turning from the momentarily, he sought out a small stand of rocks a few fulms back the way they'd come and gently set K'aijeen down behind them. "Okay, kiddo, you just rest up here."

He didn't let himself wait for a response before straightening back towards the Amal'jaa.

K'aijeen shivered where she was. She made a small, useless sound, that might have been a protest.

Baoht Zuqqa Roh watched his Drake eat something from the cloth he'd protest, and then he put the bundle away. He huffed and growled at the drake, and it made a low, hungry sound in response before leaving toward Zunr'ak. When the other two arrived, he fed them from a different bundle, growling out them in kind before they took off as well. Then he rose and turned to look towards Zunr'ak as though he could watched whatever it was that they were doing. "We wait until my drakes return. It may take some time."

Thal quirked one brow, which could not be seen, but the ear that followed the expression could. "O...kay. Any more elaboration?" He kept near K'aijeen for the moment, hoping his presence would at least comfort her and knowing he couldn't really do much else. Swinging his weight from one foot to another, he crossed his arms. "I mean, this is a great view and all, but if you've got a plan, I'd love to hear about it."

"Why would I elaborate?" Baoht Zuqqa Roh looked down on the child of Man, his expression a glare. "My plan will work. You will not like it. You will do it anyway. Provided my patience with your whining does not wear thin before my drakes return."