Hydaelyn Role-Players
End of a Chapter: The Tidings of a New Beginning. (OOC Open) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: End of a Chapter: The Tidings of a New Beginning. (OOC Open) (/showthread.php?tid=10477)

End of a Chapter: The Tidings of a New Beginning. (OOC Open) - Leanne - 03-08-2015

~Poem 1~

There it came the dawn of a new sun. It was early in the morning, yet all beings, animal and mankind alike, already stirred from their slumber ready to resume their lives, ready to say hello to that glorious, rising star. Wind breezes through the trees and leaves of Twelveswood while the rays of light broke through them in its job of granting warmth to everyone. Birds chirped among the trees, announcing the coming of that specially lovely day while mankind readied themselves for yet more chores, more duties, more fun and more life.

Last but no less important, a girl of golden eyes and cheerful, energetic features sat on a stump. With ease to breathe clothes and a fancy hat, she played on her melodic harp, humming along the instrument's gentle tune and nature sounds while a moogle with a harsh, old expression scrutinized not only the person itself, but their melody too. Girl, instrument and forest united into a single grandiose orchestra, prompting the scrutinizer to nod in acknowledgment. Music coming to an end, the moogle nodded once more while Leanne opened her eyes, taking a few more seconds of thoughtful reflection. "Hmm...good, kupo. Seems you're now recovered! I didn't lose my pupil after all." 

Leanne giggled as she rested the little harp on her lap, smiling. "And I didn't lose my master, after all. Took a while...too many suns, if I had to say." she mutters as her golden irises lowers to the grass.

"Well, you're better now, that's what matters, kupo." the moogle nods once more, tilting a bottle brimming with mead and giving it one or three pulls before sighing contently. 

Leanne meanwhile raised her head to look at her master, smiling awkwardly. "Mhm...though there's still a problem..." 

The moogle groaned in frustration, ears flicking. "The bow...I know, I know, kupo." the creature slowly came to float towards Leanne's face with a not so amused expression. "You losing that bow-harp is not as much grieving as the notion that you took this long to tell me about it, kupo! With problems or no problems, kupo!" 

The seeker's head jerked backwards while her eyes pulled away from the moogle's visage, a nervous laugh escaping from her throat. "U-Uhm...apologies...I..."

"Kupo! No excuses, Delphium!" he pokes her cheek, silencing the girl. As the little sage bard floated away from the miqo'te, a hand of his is brought to his chin. "I...might have the solution." 

Leanne, whose head was being held low at the moment felt a jolt coursing through her body by the news, eyes widening slightly as her tail began to sway quicker than usual. "You do??" 

The moogle simply nods. "Yes, kupo! Such is the arm of the Bard, whose affinity with finer instruments produces negativity when burdened with lowly songsmithing tools, kupo! And that phenomena happens with our bows too. My current conjecture is, though. Would the one that marries their voice with heart and nature alike have enough exposure to embark in the cardinal act?" 

Leanne tilted her head. "Cardinal act...?" 

He nodded upon her inquisition. "A trial for you to take upon, kupo. The solution I have for this conundrum of yours is to advance you further down the bardic road, kupo. However, that might be too soon." he assumes, pulling two or three more gulps from his bottle. "I didn't intend to give you this test so soon, kupo. I would've waited far more time, and would've tried to teach a lot more too. Yet the Spinner and the Keeper have ways to conspire against our predictions, kupo. It is useless to weep over the details, regardless. So! Leanne of the Fancy Hat...!" he bores her eyes at Leanne, the girl straightening herself quickly as he calls her by 'title'. "Under those special circumstances, I may yet ask again. Is the musician of the woods apt to travel through the road that presents itself? Do you want to take upon the trial I assign you and sprout from your fledgling shell to become a recognized Bard?"

The diminutive master looked expectantly at his pupil. As Leanne's eyes met him, the moogle suddenly could feel the fire and deterministic glow behind the gold of her hues. Without a single second of hesitation, the seeker nodded with a serious, courageous expression. "I want to. This is my direction, the walkway that will contribute not only for my growth as a ministrel, but my aspirations and future as an adventurer." she closes her eyes. "For so long I stood still, watching only as the hands of the Keeper kept braiding the currents of change without input or interference of mine. I...shall return to become a player in the game of life and show Hydaelyn my newfound will of heart."

The moogle claps, spurring Leanne into opening her eyes. "That's what I wanted to hear, kupo!" he nods, giving the miqo'te a thumbs up. "I'm not saying you are truly ready as you tried to imply, but I can certainly state that you grew up." Leanne blinks. "I grew up..." the moogle nods. "Yes, kupo! You went from an archer barely passable for being a Bard to someone truly worthy of your soul gem." 

Leanne couldn't help but feel her cheeks burning in happiness, corners of her lips lifting themselves as she displays a big, happy smile. "There's few things that'd bring me more happiness than what you just said...thanks." she nods, dipping her head deeply in profound thanks. 

The moogle shook his head, yet a proud glint could be observed in his slanted eyes. "Oi, oi! Don't get full of yourself yet, kupo. I'm not calling you a true Bard until you succeed! So remember, continue being-"

"Always humble!" she perks up with a grin and a happy expression. The moogle nods, clapping once more, intoxicated by the energy of his pupil. "Yes, yes, kupo! I shall give you the details for this trial alongside the necessary training, but for now, let's play a song!" the kupo floats to a tree, pulling a flute out of it's hole. "Been a while since we played together, we must have sure you still know how to harmonize with me, kupo!" he puts the flute in his mouth. "Ready, Delphium?" Giggling, Leanne swiftly lifted her harp, a hand ready to weave together yet another song. "Yes!"

In harmony with her master, in harmony with nature, in harmony with Hydaelyn and in harmony with her heart..

RE: End of a Chapter: The Tidings of a New Beginning. (OOC Open) - Leanne - 03-11-2015

~Poem 2~
Few days ago...

Yet another beautiful morning was pictured in Twelveswood. Rays of sun passed through wood and leaves, finding solace in the green of the forest. While the cloudkin began their early morning chirping, a Seeker of golden eyes strolled along the road, humming a gentle tune that matched the calm beat of her steps. Along her, a moogle of old features floated, his expression serious, arms being flung about, consequence of his gesticulation.

"There are six locations you must depart to. Of these six, I can only give you one, kupo! How you find the rest is your responsibility, Delphium. Also, Tools that are extremely necessary for this travel, kupo. I know you normally carry those around, yet, kupo! Don't forget the bow and harp, but also bring a blank book and a pencil, kupo!"

Leanne dipped her head in a quick nod, her eyes solely focused on the path ahead. "Anything else?"

"Hmm...your heart and wits! It's a trial, so it's going to test you in a variety of ways." her master finally sighs, sitting on top of her hat. The miqo'te found herself directing her gaze towards the moogle, a quick blink signaling her curiosity. If before he was content for her enthusiasm, his diminutive heart was now filled with concern. "...Are you sure, Delphium? There's no need for you to go through this, kupo. Is a bow that important to you?"

"Well master, as you said. I will not be satisfied until I find something that matches or surpass my bow-harp...pretty much like my hat, it was-"

"One of a kind, kupo. I know. Picky girl. Not getting married like this, kupo!"

Leanne stammered along her words, a sheepish smile gracing the cheerful features of the young seeker. "M-Master, I'm not planning to marry anytime soon...you know-"

"You want to travel the entire world, kupo. Yes, I know that too!" he huffs in mild frustration. "Too late for regrets, kupo. Just be safe. And don't fret if you fail. Your security is first priority, kupo!" he jumps into the air, flapping his little wings as he takes flight, resuming his floating position besides Leanne. "By the way, kupo...are we on the right path?"

Leanne nodded with a giggle. "Yup!"

"How do you know? You weren't looking at the road!" he asks, suspicious.

"After walking so much, you develop a sense, master." she winks impishly.

"Right, right, kupo..." he sighs.

---------------------

Few scenery were as beautiful and enchanting as the nocturnal Lower La Noscea. A sky full of scintillating stars steered the path of a young miqo'te, fireflies drifting throughout the land, their fleeting lives made beautiful and eternal by the dim, memory burning lights offered to the nightly travelers. Leanne's steps were tinged with uncertainty as she looked everywhere for the landmark she was supposed to find. If the miqo'te was unsure of where to go, her trustful puppy knew exactly what to do! Kyrin, her Little Bandit, marched along the road besides Leanne, a happy, innocent expression giving him his eternal air of blissful ignorance.

"Hmmmm...a grave, somewhere in Lower La Noscea...I walked all over the place several times, but I never spotted a grave...that's weird...Oh well! Follow the wind, I shall!" she nodded with energy, any signs of insecurity giving place to sheer enthusiasm and determination. Indeed, the breeze of Lower La Noscea guided leaves to their final resting spot. Perhaps it would also lead Leanne to one of her predecessor's burial grounds? Either by luck, or by guidance of the wind, or even by the blessing of Oschon, she found the grave. Its location being in the middle of the peaceful plains, with several plasmoids and vagrant fireflies giving company to the solitary stone. With a flick of her ears, Leanne approached the grave, gingerly enough as to not startle the peaceful ethereal beings now surrounding her.

The miqo'te, in solemn respect, knelt before the grave, golden orbs fluttering close. "May Oschon guide your steps even in the afterlife..." she murmurs. Eyes opened, she proceeds to scrutinize the mossy thing. Frustration would soon settle in inside her heart. "Hmmm...that's...that's no good...ancient writing..." she sighs. "Well...my master did tell me to bring a book and a pencil. Suppose I might as well write these and ask some scholar for proper understanding..." she nods, lion tail whipping in acknowledgment. Smiling, she looks over her shoulder towards her companion, words sweet and full of fondness. "Kyrin, go play? I gotta sit with my friend here for a chat...! Or rather, for a bit of writing." she giggles. Kyrin barked happily in response, following around the thousand little lights above him! The gentle green glow hypnotized the puppy, a lighthearted laugh escaping from Leanne's throat as she briefly observes her pet fruitlessly trying to follow the thousand lights floating in different directions.

Sitting besides the grave, she placed a backpack on top of her lap, rummaging through its contents till she found her blank book and pencil. Exhaling deeply, she observes the grave with a gentle expression, idly starting a chat with it. "...It's a bit solitary, isn't it? Being here, in the middle of nowhere...no one to chat with..." she giggles, shaking her head. "...It's beautiful though. Perhaps your presence that brought all this beauty here...plasmoids...fireflies..." she looks up to the sky. "The bright stars...so peaceful..."

Her expression grows in fondness the longer she observes the scenery, entranced by the amount of beauty that surrounded her. Blinking, she shakes her head, laughing. "Best if I start doing what I planned to...else I will be here the entire night...Okay! Let's do this!" she nods with a grin, shifting herself to properly identify the symbols engraved in the grave. "Those seem quite old...But not as old as the allagan ones...hmm...suppose you lived between the fourth and sixth astral eras? Seems probable...That's a nice stone, to survive the elements for so long!" she nods. After a few minutes of careful mimicry, she exhales satisfiedly, observing the job well done. "Was not as hard as I thought! Though..hmm..." she begins to examine her own version of the symbols. "They seem familiar...? Musical notes? Very strange ones..." curious, she compares the symbols in the grave and with the ones in her book, eyes widening. "W-Wait...why my symbols are different?" blinking in confusion, her ears flicks. "...Suppose I...should try writing them again?" she shrugs, flipping to another page. The flipping went from one to several pages, wind picking up the moment she did the motion, forcing the girl to place a hand on her hat so the thing doesn't fly away.

Eventually, the wind stops. "...G-Gosh...what was that about..." she looks around for Kyrin, eventually finding the puppy asleep. Sighing in relief, she puts herself in front of the grave, frowning lightly. "...Okay! Sir uhm...Sir that is currently sleeping under me! Couldn't you like, give me a tip? You're not helping...me...?" she trails off as she notices the page that book was currently on. Despite improbabilities, it was back to the page symbols. "Uhm...t-thanks. I will take that as a tip." she blushes in embarrassment, feeling dumb for some reason. Managing to translate the symbols into the current musical notes of her era, she finds herself reading a fine arrangement, made by someone with a lot of experience and care.

"Hm! Well, I'm thankful I don't lack in reading talent!" she snickers, retrieving her harp from the bag. Setting the backpack aside, Leanne rests her back against the grave, taking a deep breath while preparing herself to play the song presented by her discovery. A minute passes, and suddenly Leanne began to weave together a melodious song, its alluring sound pervading through the entire field. The corner of her lips lifted themselves in a gentle smile, mind of her own diving into the music she played, into a little world that only her would touch...or so she'd thought.

Her back, previously settled against cold mossy stone, now felt warmth being radiated through the fabrics of someone's clothes. Ears perking up in full alert, her head jerked as to identify what there was behind her. With a friendly smile, a male midlander calmly looked over his shoulder towards the young girl, waving with a hand. The sight of his gentle features, short black hair and light blue irises instantly put Leanne at ease, reasons too strange for her to know at the time. Blinking in confusion, she returned to fully project her weight on the man's back with a deep breath of relief, a motion that made the hyur laugh.

"...You were playing a song. Continue, would you kindly?" the man utters, expecting Leanne to follow through his command...and so she did, eyes fluttering close as she retook the interrupted song, feeling herself unable to do anything else but to comply. Chuckling, the man took a deep breath, before reciting a poem. His words were subtle, soft whispers, yet each syllable resounded deeply into Leanne's heart.

My pitch is of the ballad,
infused with the shadows...
Unknown and unrecognized,
the route of thy humble bard...

Of this concept there is a word,
A song without sound.
foreign by nature,
But understood to all.

Thee who seek the runes,
follower of the cadence.
Heed the map of the flute,
Obey the beat of the music.

Shadowing the white rain.
A mausoleum, with strange being.
From an epic to a sonnet,
Always a grand rehearsal.

Timber, stalk the stalks.
It shrines distinct talk.
Guffaw for the direction.
Trick n' treat, harlequin!

Feel the cerulean expanse,
The current, chaining your throat.
Jitters in the fear.
Thalassic thy dreading call.

Thaw, troumbadour.
A voice speaks for two.
Imagery is duplicitous.
With deceitful accuracy.

This term will end in a line,
Contented in the dusk.
Muted words were mine,
A goodbye, from thy humble bard...

Leanne jolts up, golden hues that were closed, now shot open and aghast. Looking again over her shoulder, she spotted the grave. "...Oschon guide me...!" she gulps, tail thrashing violently. Slowly, she looks down to her book, and then to grave, suddenly able to understand the written symbols.

I lived to touch the hearts and minds of mankind through the subtlest of ways. May my name live in obscurity, for my name is not of importance, yet may my song forever be remembered. Those are my last words, as the Humble Bard.

Leanne didn't know for how much time she kept staring at the grave. Slowly but surely, she lifted herself, managing to calm down from the surreal experience. Packing everything together, she took a deep breath, then dipped her head in profound respect. "I will never forget it. Thanks...Kyrin! Time to go!"

The puppy, who was at the time peacefully resting from all the playing, jumped to his feet, barking, full of energy, and ready to follow Leanne. Grinning, Leanne motioned to the road. "Let's go! We still have quite a journey ahead, it seems!" Kyrin barked, and quickly fell in line with his owner. With boosted energy and vigor, Leanne ran towards her destiny.

Following the beat of the music, heart touched by the obscure ministrel...