Hydaelyn Role-Players
Panicked Mechanic Needs Connections! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Panicked Mechanic Needs Connections! (/showthread.php?tid=10561)

Pages: 1 2

Panicked Mechanic Needs Connections! - Ette - 03-12-2015

Did the rhyme do it for ya? Man, I hope so.

Well, this is the connections thread. So you guys know the drill. I could save you the awful sales pitch and go straight to potential RP hooks but where's the fun in that?

Do you need someone to fix something? Do you need someone to build something? Are you in need of an awkward and nervous character foil? Your Chuckie Finster? Your Double Dee? Well look no further! While J’nali Noe is a bundle of nerves and overwrought internal panic I as her writer absolutely need to get her into as many situations as possible, comfortable or not.

Possible hooks:
  • Does your character carry any visible firearms? J’nali wants to know them.
  • Does your character have anything to do with airships? J’nali wants to know them.
  • If anything needs to be fixed or built J’nali can take a crack at it. She’s a jack of all trades (ace in gun) when it comes technology and tries to invent in her free time.
  • Your character wants to learn about machines –OR– Your character is willing to teach her more about machines.
  • Rumor has it she makes weapons. That’d be silly, though. Who in their right mind would make weapons? That could attract the wrong sort of attention! That piles on way too much ethical responsibility!
  • J’nali has four other identical sisters who are infinitely more outgoing than she is. Maybe you met one. Maybe she owes you money. Maybe she broke your heart. How horrible. How dare her. Come direct your ire at an uninvolved third party!
  • Your character is tall and intimidating and you need someone shorter and scared looking to stand next to them for hilarious contrastive purposes.
  • Does your character hail from the Jackal tribe too? Well,they likely know one another.
  • Literally anything else. Fall down a flight of stairs and land on her. I don’t care.

For more info on the character I’ve got the first draft of her wiki set up here.

If any of this sparks your interest you can find me in game on (surprise, surprise) J’nali Noe or PM me on the forums.

RE: Panicked Mechanic Needs Connections! - Erik Mynhier - 03-12-2015

(03-12-2015, 03:39 PM)Ette Wrote: Did the rhyme do it for ya? Man, I hope so.

Well, this is the connections thread. So you guys know the drill. I could save you the awful sales pitch and go straight to potential RP hooks but where's the fun in that?

Do you need someone to fix something? Do you need someone to build something? Are you in need of an awkward and nervous character foil? Your Chuckie Finster? Your Double Dee? Well look no further! While J’nali Noe is a bundle of nerves and overwrought internal panic I as her writer absolutely need to get her into as many situations as possible, comfortable or not.

Possible hooks:
  • Does your character have anything to do with airships? J’nali wants to know them.
  • If anything needs to be fixed or built J’nali can take a crack at it. She’s a jack of all trades (ace in gun) when it comes technology and tries to invent in her free time.
  • Your character wants to learn about machines –OR– Your character is willing to teach her more about machines.
  • Rumor has it she makes weapons. That’d be silly, though. Who in their right mind would make weapons? That could attract the wrong sort of attention! That piles on way too much ethical responsibility!
  • J’nali has four other identical sisters who are infinitely more outgoing than she is. Maybe you met one. Maybe she owes you money. Maybe she broke your heart. How horrible. How dare her. Come direct your ire at an uninvolved third party!
  • Your character is tall and intimidating and you need someone shorter and scared looking to stand next to them for hilarious contrastive purposes.
  • Does your character hail from the Jackal tribe too? Well,they likely know one another.
  • Literally anything else. Fall down a flight of stairs and land on her. I don’t care.

For more info on the character I’ve got the first draft of her wiki set up here.

If any of this sparks your interest you can find me in game on (surprise, surprise) J’nali Noe or PM me on the forums.

I know Clio is slowly making connections with every engineering type that matters on the server. Hit her up.

RE: Panicked Mechanic Needs Connections! - McBeefâ„¢ - 03-12-2015

Hello!

Sounds like a cool character concept. My character Evangeline is a burgeoning mechanic and general mad scientist.

Hopefully we'll run into one another at some point :3.

RE: Panicked Mechanic Needs Connections! - Cliodhna Eoghan - 03-12-2015

(03-12-2015, 03:39 PM)Ette Wrote:
  • Your character is tall and intimidating short and you need someone shorter and scared looking to stand next to them for hilarious contrastive purposes.

[Image: revy-tribute-o.gif]

don't you know guns kill people? for reals, who would want to make guns? or even further, who would give guns to a clearly half crazed mammot/model vanguard hybrid with an god complex?

i'll keep an eye out for you tonight; if you don't hear from me (possibly due to afk reasons) send me a message on here and we can work something out. :3

RE: Panicked Mechanic Needs Connections! - Chris Ganale - 03-12-2015

My bounty hunter Garon Crayson openly carries a pair of pistol-type sidearms, but only when he's in his 'business' gear. That is to say, if he has a visible axe, then he's not in his business armor.

Yuuna carries pistols as well, but she typically conceals them so she doesn't make people nervous. A miqo'te could probably smell the gunpowder on her, though. Or whatever Eorzean equivalent.

Chao is my main tech character. Works at the Ironworks in her spare time, builds magitek weapons, but I doubt she's got any kind of notoriety yet. Formerly frequented the Quicksand, but is in the process of moving to Limsa.

If any of these sound interesting, let me know. I'm like to be on Garon most of the night leveling.

RE: Panicked Mechanic Needs Connections! - Mikh'a - 03-12-2015

If she ever wants an awkward inventing buddy that she can be short right along side with and make all the nerdy things look Mikh'a up. He's also kiiiiind of building connections with a shady arms dealer, so he has that going for him too.

RE: Panicked Mechanic Needs Connections! - Merri - 03-12-2015

Did somebody say Magitek~ ?

Merri is a veteran magitek engineer with more than a few interesting projects tucked away under his belt over the years. Been playing the part for some four or five odd years now, so, at the very least I'd like to think I've soaked up most concepts for magitek by now. Merri was also an Ironworks engineer for some time, so, there's that plot hook floating around, too.

Always fun to meet other engineers, and Merri can be a bit of an open book in terms of tech if it's with the right person~

Feel free to give me a poke some time!

There needs to be an LS for Ironworks people. Not an FC, but an LS.

RE: Panicked Mechanic Needs Connections! - Mikh'a - 03-12-2015

(03-12-2015, 05:07 PM)Chris Ganale Wrote: There needs to be an LS for Ironworks people. Not an FC, but an LS.

This. So much this.

Not it. Things I create have a distressing habit of failing.

RE: Panicked Mechanic Needs Connections! - Merri - 03-12-2015

(03-12-2015, 05:07 PM)Chris Ganale Wrote: There needs to be an LS for Ironworks people. Not an FC, but an LS.

...I definitely have owned the linkshell "The Garlond Ironworks" since 1.0 <_____<;

I saved it for posterity's sake.

RE: Panicked Mechanic Needs Connections! - Aduu Avagnar - 03-12-2015

Hmmm. Memevachi meeds to hit you up I see. Plus it adds an even more hilarious height dynamic...

RE: Panicked Mechanic Needs Connections! - Cliodhna Eoghan - 03-12-2015

(03-12-2015, 05:29 PM)Merri Wrote: ...I definitely have owned the linkshell "The Garlond Ironworks" since 1.0 <_____<;

I saved it for posterity's sake.
ohh dapper OuO
so you still have said linkshell....can i get an add? Big Grin

RE: Panicked Mechanic Needs Connections! - Ette - 03-12-2015

Ooooh my gosh, this got more replies than I'd been anticipating. 

@Natalie Mcbeef- I am always down for mad science. I'll find you in game!

@Cliodhna Eoghan - AHAHAHA W-WHAT? A-ARE YOU INSINUATING THAT SHE'S TOUCHED A GUN BEFORE? Because I can tell you--No I can solemly swear--that she has never touched a gun in her life. Ever. Definitely. Yep. 

@Chris Ganale - Honestly they all sound awesome and I'm having trouble choosing. If faced with multiple options my mind usually goes: ALL OF THEM. EVERY SINGLE ONE. But I'll try to narrow it down. 

@Mikh'a - Yes, definitely yes. They can alternate between shuffling their feet and makeinguncomfortable sounds at one another to florid technobabble and blowing things up. 

@Merri - He's a veteran AND he's working on a robot arm? J'nali has gotta take a look at that. 

@Nako'li Chalahko - Please do! J'nali needs a lalafriend. 

ALSO while J doesn't have any experience with the Ironworks I would 100% like to have her get involved with them/get into an LS of that nature if it's available.

No need to choose, make friends with all of them. They all need friends. Just say whichever one you want at a time and I'll try to change if I can.