Hydaelyn Role-Players
Gharen's totally not "actual" art thread - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Artisan House (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Gharen's totally not "actual" art thread (/showthread.php?tid=10590)

Pages: 1 2

Gharen's totally not "actual" art thread - Gharen - 03-15-2015

So, every now and again I get an idea... most of these ideas go absolutely no where because I lack the actually skill or know how to do bring them to fruition. And then every now and then I get an idea I can do something about at which point I coerce friends into being test subjects for said idea.

This is the latest in an attempt to create a Journal for Gharen's Wiki comprised of friends and people that have left a lasting mark upon him. The following would have been done by him as a character and I will likely be adding to them to create the aforementioned Journal for his wiki.

(Note: These are not hand drawn, they are screenshots that I've edited to try and make them look hand drawn, I won't claim to have nearly the talent that some of the RPC's artists put on display.)

Show Content

Show Content

RE: Gharen's totally not "actual" art thread - Maril - 03-15-2015

They look very nice Big Grin

RE: Gharen's totally not "actual" art thread - Whittledown - 03-15-2015

Very cool Gharen!!!

RE: Gharen's totally not "actual" art thread - Berrod Armstrong - 03-15-2015

I love these!

RE: Gharen's totally not "actual" art thread - cuideag - 03-15-2015

"HUGE WITCH" needs to be scrawled over the first one. Or, you know, a word that rhymes with witch. :D

RE: Gharen's totally not "actual" art thread - Gharen - 03-15-2015

Thanks, =) I'm going for the look of Charcoal sketches, and took inspiration from a few sources. Nat's was kind of hard to do because I was listening to Billy Boyd's - The Last Goodbye on repeat while doing these to try and set a tone for them.

RE: Gharen's totally not "actual" art thread - Aya - 03-15-2015

They are terrific!  I never realized how similar Roen and Aya looked :-X

RE: Gharen's totally not "actual" art thread - Coatleque - 03-15-2015

Eva, Nat, and Crofte look like they're looking at him as ghosts in some kind of nightmare/vision. I love it.

Added 2 new ones.

RE: Gharen's totally not "actual" art thread - Edda - 03-15-2015

these are nice Gharen

but where's mine

Send me a Head shot of Edda and I'll see what I can do. =)

RE: Gharen's totally not "actual" art thread - Chillsmack - 03-15-2015

I love the smearing - makes it almost look like they're drawn with real pencil or charcoal (for a second actually I thought you had hand-drawn these yourself). 

What program did you use? PS?

RE: Gharen's totally not "actual" art thread - Edda - 03-15-2015

(03-15-2015, 10:35 PM)Gharen Wrote: Send me a Head shot of Edda and I'll see what I can do. =)
[Image: roYFH9B.jpg]
Wh-whu... O-okay...

Yeah I wish I had even a modicum of Talent to have actually drawn these. I'm using Photoshop CS5, though I'm likely to swap to CS6 here in the next day or two. Delial's was my 1st attempt and as I've learned a few things as I've worked on the others. So I might revisit hers soon.

I'm going for a charcoal look and feel to the drawings hence the smudging to make it look like these were not drawn by a professional.

RE: Gharen's totally not "actual" art thread - Cliodhna Eoghan - 03-16-2015

these are really pretty <3