Hydaelyn Role-Players
Lucid Dreaming? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Lucid Dreaming? (/showthread.php?tid=10602)

Pages: 1 2

Lucid Dreaming? - g0ne - 03-16-2015

What the heck is lucid dreaming? Does it really work? Is it any good? So many questions!

This is the random and pointless stupidity that invades my mind when I'm tired. And happy. And happy because I'm tired because I don't have to be tired anymore because I'm done with stuff that made me tired so I'm happy. So now I'm a happy tired. 

Where was I? Lucid dreaming? What...?

RE: Lucid Dreaming? - Gegenji - 03-16-2015

I find lucid dreaming actually really hard to pull off. I mean, I went to bed, so anything other than the usual must be a dream, right? And yet I get so caught up in the dream that I never stop to think why I'm back in school or in a race that somehow involves going to a grocery store to get ingredients for dinner.

And the few times I do? I get what feels like a couple minutes of freedom before I wake up. I've never had a fully lucid dream. Sad

RE: Lucid Dreaming? - Sophia_Grave - 03-16-2015

(03-16-2015, 03:46 PM)Gegenji Wrote: I find lucid dreaming actually really hard to pull off. I mean, I went to bed, so anything other than the usual must be a dream, right? And yet I get so caught up in the dream that I never stop to think why I'm back in school or in a race that somehow involves going to a grocery store to get ingredients for dinner.

And the few times I do? I get what feels like a couple minutes of freedom before I wake up. I've never had a fully lucid dream. Sad
You've got to associate normal actions with remembering that you're dreaming, so you sort of snap out of it and get control back Big Grin I've been lucid dreaming since I was a kid, but doing that helped when I wanted to do it on demand.

RE: Lucid Dreaming? - K'nahli - 03-16-2015

I've done it at least once by pure chance not too long after reading about it - obviously with no intention to actually try it. It was kind of amusing but I woke myself up shortly after.

I've heard people got really scared because they encountered mirrors in their dreams and the reflections were sometimes deformed, haha. That and tons of stories about this "evil presence" that would sometimes appear that made them extremely uncomfortable and blah-di-blah.

RE: Lucid Dreaming? - N'velhi Tia - 03-16-2015

I have heard of people trying to enter 'lucid dreaming', only to enter a state of sleep paralysis, which, essentially is you being able to hear, see, feel etc. but unable to move. You're just sitting there, on your bed. Often this incites some scary images in your head, because, you're probably panicking by now.

Show Content

RE: Lucid Dreaming? - Edgar - 03-16-2015

(03-16-2015, 03:44 PM)Eleni Wrote: What the heck is lucid dreaming? Does it really work? Is it any good? So many questions!

Lucid dreaming is a type of dream-state in which the dreamer is in full control of themselves within a dream, fully aware of the fact that they are dreaming, and can actively influence the dream environment. Instead of merely spectating the events going on, the Lucid dreamer can interfere with them and change them. 

RE: Lucid Dreaming? - g0ne - 03-17-2015

Evil presence? O.o

Hey, is there some Highlander out there I can hide behind? Halp!!

*panics and fidgets*

RE: Lucid Dreaming? - Cliodhna Eoghan - 03-17-2015

the only time i've ever done lucid dreaming was either during class or some other sort of larger scale meeting where i was suppose to be awake but kept nodding off. i was aware i was sleeping and usually spent the entire time trying to make myself wake up because i had to be coherent and not unconscious. i would eventually convince myself to wake up but never did any of the "fun" parts of lucid dreaming xD

RE: Lucid Dreaming? - Val - 03-17-2015

(03-16-2015, 04:25 PM)N Wrote: I have heard of people trying to enter 'lucid dreaming', only to enter a state of sleep paralysis, which, essentially is you being able to hear, see, feel etc. but unable to move. You're just sitting there, on your bed. Often this incites some scary images in your head, because, you're probably panicking by now.

Clicked it.

Fml not sleeping tonight help.

RE: Lucid Dreaming? - g0ne - 03-17-2015

(03-17-2015, 03:59 AM)Val Wrote:
(03-16-2015, 04:25 PM)N Wrote: I have heard of people trying to enter 'lucid dreaming', only to enter a state of sleep paralysis, which, essentially is you being able to hear, see, feel etc. but unable to move. You're just sitting there, on your bed. Often this incites some scary images in your head, because, you're probably panicking by now.

Clicked it.

Oh, good! Now we can hide together! *hides behind Val*

RE: Lucid Dreaming? - Cliodhna Eoghan - 03-17-2015

(03-17-2015, 04:01 AM)Eleni Wrote:
(03-17-2015, 03:59 AM)Val Wrote:

Clicked it.

Oh, good! Now we can hide together! *hides behind Val*

need nightlights?
[Image: tumblr_moro0zC9C31rkiy6bo3_500.gif]

RE: Lucid Dreaming? - Bryn - 03-17-2015

Mildly related : Last night I had a dream that I went to work, headed straight up to the staff room, and slept through my whole 8 hour shift. And my colleagues were totally okay with it.

Best dream.

RE: Lucid Dreaming? - Bopdoot - 03-20-2015

Usually once I realize I'm dreaming, I start to wake up..Which really sucks because my dreams are always really good SadSleepy

RE: Lucid Dreaming? - Madda - 03-20-2015

Madda tried lucid dreaming once.

Fuck doing that again.

RE: Lucid Dreaming? - Qhora Bajihri - 03-20-2015

I used to dream lucid all the time when I was a kid. It would start as a nightmare and at some point I'd realize I could control everything. That hasn't happened since I grew up, but I haven't exactly put any effort into it. I wonder if I could if I tried.