Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] The Ambitious Adventurer and the Somber Survivor - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] The Ambitious Adventurer and the Somber Survivor (/showthread.php?tid=10718)

The Ambitious Adventurer and the Somber Survivor - Shadottie - 03-22-2015

Alliterations!! This should be good!

So, I hopped into the wonderful world of Final Fantasy XIV ARR back in February. I still don't have anyone to level 50, but enjoying the story in the game and especially RP I've had so far!  Seriously, the atmosphere has been such a breath of fresh air and I can't get enough!  There are a couple of girls I rp at the moment,  my main being Nonovi Novi, and the other-- Pyerha Kynlascha.  I'm looking for more opportunities for the pair of them!

The Ambitious Adventurer
[Image: vW17Zqp.png]

Nonovi Novi is a spunky little lalafell that hails from Ul'dah.  After years of being confined within the grand city walls, she has a yearning to leave them, especially so after the Calamity.  Prior, she lived mostly alone, occasionally being seen with heavily garbed "caretakers", as she'd call them. Any denizen that knew her would have noted the lalafell went missing after the disaster and only recently 'returned' to the city a couple of cycles (years) ago.  A meticulous design of sorts is tattooed on her forehead anymore, though typically and well hidden by brilliant red bangs. People now see her with a different sort of guardian, a soft-spoken hyur named Eiji. The poor man has to deal with her constant engagement of people and activities.  She's even dragged him as far as Gridania now to meet folks in Free Companies and hang out while she takes on conjury.  Sometimes the lalafell will sneak out to meet a fellow of her kind, easily mistakable for a twin if not for his white streaked hair and blue eyes. Perhaps Novi is behaving and letting Eiji knows where she goes to save the stress!  What will the new day bring for them next?  If you want to contact either Wildcard or me for RP since these goobers are typically around each other, please feel free!

Potential Hooks!
  • Fellow Conjury student? Why do you even put up with this obnoxious and confident lalafell? Or maybe she's totally cool! (except she's not, don't pet that ego!)
  • Conjury Mentor milling around the main guild hall? Just who is this little lalafell?  What's with that peculiar Aether flow...?
  • So you're taking a stroll through Ul'dah, you see a poor, distraught dark-haired man likely looking for something... Maybe you see a redhaired lalafell getting into something too big for her britches? Dare you try to help one or the other?
  • Are you a well-traversed adventurer? Novi wants to know everything.
  • Word on the street says the little lalafell makes some really good tea blends.

The Somber Survivor
[Image: XrBCYBI.png]

[Image: gPtpMfx.png]

Pyehra Kynlascha hails from a small tribe of Keepers that resided in the Shroud. Though, the miqo'te is always found alone if she's not already making herself present to travelers of the Twelveswood.  With hair of gold and eyes to match, Pyehra carries herself rather stiff and cautious, her voice soft with the occasional sing-song to her tone if she enjoys someone enough.  Not much is known of her tribe, nor will she speak of it if it can be helped. Rumor has it that the miqo'te has been granted a place to stay in Gridania, but very rarely does she venture there.  If she's found, it's typically within the Twelveswood, and it's her lyre is heard before she is seen.  I really would like to get her out of the Shroud and in the world again, but she currently feels obligated to stay there.

Potential Hooks
  • What is that gentle song you hear near dusk? Do you follow...?
  • Bumbling around through the woods? Someone's bound to show up just in time to loose some arrows in your attacker!
  • That peculiar miqo'te carries herself more cautiously than your typical xenophobic Gridanian. What's up with that? Surely it looks suspicious...
  • Is that Keeper taking a snooze out in the sun? 

I'm looking for some fun, engaging character interaction and development for these two.  I really love story development for characters, running plots, and seeing how they grow with others.  It's so rewarding for rp! Novi is spoken for at the moment, but I do not mind romance for characters, as long as its developed that way! It's not a priority for me as I'd love to see what sort of rp and story can come from Eorzea instead. I'm not against it though!

If either of these two (plus an Eiji!) interest you for RP, please feel to drop me a line here or via PM if you want to plan anything!  I'd really love to see more RP ingame and see what sort of adventures come of them~  Thanks for taking the time to read! I look forward to hearing from you! *U*

RE: The Ambitious Adventurer and the Somber Survivor - FloriaRaine - 03-22-2015

Both your characters are interesting, i'd like to launch my characters out of a cannon at them! ((Warning do not try this at home!))

Floria Raine is a well traveled adventurer with 10 years under her belt, and she teaches conjury, so she'd likely be able to interest that lala of yours.

She'd also be more than happy to meet more fellow twelveswoodians!

Pyha Moshantu might also like to meet Pyehra, and question why they share similiar names and hair colors ...

RE: The Ambitious Adventurer and the Somber Survivor - Elysia - 03-22-2015

Hello! :3 

Nonovi sounds wonderful. I have a dubiously scholarly character, Avis Inkwood, who is interested in conjury and is currently sort of learning from someone who sort of knows it. She'll be in the Shroud again to retrieve a lost item, to wander, and to try Conjury out more! 

(She also grew up in Ul'dah and now wants nothing to do it with it... potential old connection there?) 

I... also have a conniving Keeper alt who's been reluctantly assimilated into the Gridanian lifestyle... She'd secretly love to be part of the Mujuuk gang, but it's not practical, so she's left to 'seek her fortune' though she returns now and then to see her tribe. She is currently stuck at Limsa Lominsa though (too low level, and not fully in action yet - but it will happen).

Unfortunately, I have weird schedules because of my timezone, but if any of this sounds good to you, we could PM and arrange a meetup. Smile

RE: The Ambitious Adventurer and the Somber Survivor - Gone. - 03-22-2015

Oh god, I have to meet Pyehra on Vetiver at least once. They have waaaaay too much in common not to give it a go.

RE: The Ambitious Adventurer and the Somber Survivor - Shadottie - 03-22-2015

(03-22-2015, 03:48 AM)FloriaRaine Wrote: Both your characters are interesting, i'd like to launch my characters out of a cannon at them! ((Warning do not try this at home!))

Floria Raine is a well traveled adventurer with 10 years under her belt, and she teaches conjury, so she'd likely be able to interest that lala of yours.

She'd also be more than happy to meet more fellow twelveswoodians!

Pyha Moshantu might also like to meet Pyehra, and question why they share similiar names and hair colors ...
No worries, I'm totally chill with catapulting the babies at every opportunity I can! mwahaha-- Anyway, sure! If Floria would be able to handle the energetic spunk of an inquisitive lalafell, lets plan something!  If you're down for something a little more chill and calm though, Pyerha's your girl.  She would totally just enjoy chilling and talking with people, whatever they may be doing~~

And man, what a coincidence! O:  I seriously just made up the name on the spot when I panicked in getting a slot on Balmung.. LOL M-Maybe related sires? It would be reaally interesting to see these two interact!  
(03-22-2015, 04:32 AM)Elysia Wrote: Hello! :3 

Nonovi sounds wonderful. I have a dubiously scholarly character, Avis Inkwood, who is interested in conjury and is currently sort of learning from someone who sort of knows it. She'll be in the Shroud again to retrieve a lost item, to wander, and to try Conjury out more! 

(She also grew up in Ul'dah and now wants nothing to do it with it... potential old connection there?) 

I... also have a conniving Keeper alt who's been reluctantly assimilated into the Gridanian lifestyle... She'd secretly love to be part of the Mujuuk gang, but it's not practical, so she's left to 'seek her fortune' though she returns now and then to see her tribe. She is currently stuck at Limsa Lominsa though (too low level, and not fully in action yet - but it will happen).

Unfortunately, I have weird schedules because of my timezone, but if any of this sounds good to you, we could PM and arrange a meetup. Smile
Aahh maybe someday Pyerha will make her way out to Limsa, I'd really like to get her out of hermit mode and bouncing around! I wonder if the two would be good for each other in some way or another in character growth! O:  

Ahaha and ohgod, here Nonovi's met Xavarian so it is an absolute YES that I'd love to try and throw Novi at Avis and learn more about conjury... and probably poke some light-hearted jabs at poor, poor Xavarian... 

(03-22-2015, 04:41 AM)hauntmedoitagain Wrote: Oh god, I have to meet Pyehra on Vetiver at least once. They have waaaaay too much in common not to give it a go.
Definitely!! Vetiver's wiki was a fun read! Lets plan something sometime soon! c: