Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hello! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hello! (/showthread.php?tid=10765)

Hello! - Erenhil Stark - 03-24-2015

Hello there everyone!

I'm not really great at the whole first impression speech thing.. So I'm going to by the template here. I promise I'm not really this cut and dry!

I've played several MMOs over the course of the last 6 or seven years. I originally started with Perfect World International. I played that with my wife for about 3 or so years.. Then migrated to Forsaken World. I dabbled with Tera quite a bit while bouncing on and off PWI private servers as well as GW2's Tarnished Coast server. I originally tried FFXIV but had to quit do to computer issues. Spent the last year or so in Tera until it just.. died to me. Lol.

As far as roleplay goes. I think I originally started roleplaying with myself on my desktop back in '98 or so. I did SOME LARP with friends but shortly after relocating found myself kind of confined to roleplay chatrooms and phone roleplays. And that is really how I got my fixes until I discovered the roleplay server on Tera. I spent a year and a half or so rping on that particular platform until Wildstar came out. My rp styles go from Comic to Fantasy. There is some Mod style in there as well.

My particular character is not exactly a traveling one(and by traveling I mean a copy and paste), but he/she is a concept I've adhered in at least one way or another to. This is usually just one used to get my feet wet in a particular community before I start to create my usual plethora of aliases. 

That being said, Erenhil is more or less an average person who is not as powerful as he wishes to be. Most of my story currently is just him and his endeavors all along his pursuit of power. 

I learned about the site here just through browsing. I typed in FFXIV Roleplay and it brought me right here.

I am definitely, definitely, definitely! A heavy roleplayer. 

I'm happily married and a high lift operator for Sheaerer's Foods in Navarre Ohio. I'm pretty laid back and into practically anything you toss my way. I will at the very least try it once. And yes, I am indeed seeking a guild!

RE: Hello! - Marisa - 03-24-2015

I was not aware that phone RP was ever a thing D:

RE: Hello! - Spethah - 03-24-2015

Greetings mortal and welcome to the roleplayer's domain. Please accept this complimentary babybel.

Do take a peek at the linkshells section and see if anything catches your fancy. The ones that aren't tied to a single faction is a good start. The events section as well is a good place to see what's going on and a good chance to sneak in on some open RP. Connections is for, well, getting connections so take a peek there and see if anyone interests you. 

Other than that welcome aboard, feel free to ask questions and most of us don't bite unless asked!

RE: Hello! - Erenhil Stark - 03-24-2015

(03-24-2015, 12:47 PM)Ryoko Wrote: I was not aware that phone RP was ever a thing D:
It was for myself and my wife back when we were seperated and had no means of getting to each other. : P Just LARP without the LA. xD

RE: Hello! - Erenhil Stark - 03-24-2015

(03-24-2015, 01:21 PM)Septha Wrote: Greetings mortal and welcome to the roleplayer's domain. Please accept this complimentary babybel.

Do take a peek at the linkshells section and see if anything catches your fancy. The ones that aren't tied to a single faction is a good start. The events section as well is a good place to see what's going on and a good chance to sneak in on some open RP. Connections is for, well, getting connections so take a peek there and see if anyone interests you. 

Other than that welcome aboard, feel free to ask questions and most of us don't bite unless asked!
Thank you very much for your welcome. And also for your information. I'll take a gander asap.

RE: Hello! - Haven's Fox - 03-24-2015

Well Welcome back to FFXIV. I'd say it's a pretty good time to come back too. Got a short bit of time to get ready for the expansion drops and gives us tons of new tasty lore bits to work in!