Hydaelyn Role-Players
A Half Assed Challenge - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Tonberry's Lantern (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: A Half Assed Challenge (/showthread.php?tid=10775)

A Half Assed Challenge - Aaron - 03-24-2015

Aaron walked around the streets of Ul'Dah as he made his way slowly, and gingerly to the Adventurers guild, why he was about to do this, he didn't know, what would he accomplish other than feeling masochistic or getting a even more lousy reputation as the lazy and depressed emo, he didn't even know. All he knew is something inside him got excited at the thought of this, despite he himself generally hating the notion of the word "fight." Maybe this was in his blood. . . maybe the rough streets of the city were getting to him. He didn't even know, all he knew was he was about to do something he'd probably regret later, maybe it was to prove a point? Maybe it was to not feel inadequate about himself ? Who knows. Aaron stops, his destination reached, snow white eyes gaze upon the door leading into the tavern of the quicksand through choppy white snow colored hair as the sun beat down on his back. He ponders really doing this for a very long moment. . . before he finally said screw it and slapped the paper on the door for everyone entering to see. He then walked away, mumbling under his breath "Sometimes. . . I wonder if I really am just asking for trouble. . ." he breathed out in a whisper. But deep down, he felt the need to do this not for glory or reputation, he didn't care about that. . . this seemed like something that was haunting him on the inside. . . and made him feel even weaker and inadequate than he normally does. As he walked away, the setting pans onto the paper he taped to the door. It reads.

To Sounsy Mirke, from Aaron Frostheart

Lately, I've been feeling really off about the past two encounters we had. . . the first one was when we were in the finals of the grindstone. . and I left without a word. . . the second time being. . . when I fought again in the second grindstone along you, two time champion. . . and I was one opponent away from getting that match I owe you. . . yet. . . I was outlasted due to my own ignorance against the previous opponent. . . and it ate at me even more. . and because of my loss. . . we never fought. . . and you won grindstone again. . . for the third time. . .

It's painfully apparent you're strong. . . I might even go to blatantly say you're a much better fighter than I am myself. . . yet, I am posting this for everyone to see. To help me get over my own inadequacies that I so plainly seem to feel from this. . . and to see, if you really are as talented as you look. . . I want to challenge you to a fight, just like grindstone, same rules, same place, I want to see if I could have impacted you winning or losing the grindstone and could have stopped your streak.

I don't challenge most people, hell I rarely care about how strong someone is, but lately I've been wanting to cross blades with you, and see who is the better swordsman. . . . if you agree to this, I'd ask you write the time at the bottom of this paper, and turn it to Momodi for her to hand me later.

I want to fight you. . . I want to see. . . if I'm strong enough to go against you, or if my leaving that time was just me being a scared little kid. . . 

The text ends there. . .

OOC - This is my first time doing something like this lol.

RE: A Half Assed Challenge - Sounsyy - 03-25-2015

Sounsyy Mirke needed to wash away the grit and grime she felt after the events at Scorpion's Crossing. With wine bottle tucked under her arm, she made quick strides towards the Hourglass. A drink and a bath would go a long way for her. She looked lovingly down at the wine bottle under her arm. This was a bottle worth savoring.

She made her way up the steps to the Quicksand and went to push open the heavy doors when her name caught her eye. She stared at the note a moment before noting the winds picking up again. She tore the note off the door and carried it inside. She sat down at the bar and took her time deciphering the note while she uncorked the wine bottle. She read the note a second time, letting the wine breath before taking a swig. Delicious. But while her throat was satisfied with drink, her eyes glowered at the note.

Yeh've attracted too much attention to yerself, she thought. She took another swig and asked the barmaid behind the counter if she could borrow a quill and ink. A few moments and several sips later she returned with items in hand. Mirke made her mark and date on the note, folded it, and handed it off to Momodi as instructed.

On the bottom of the note a date was signed along with a small message:
Be there or don't.

Show Content

RE: A Half Assed Challenge - Aaron - 03-25-2015

Saturday before grindstone sounds fine! Lol

Putting the time here in case anyone else wanted to watch))