Hydaelyn Role-Players
Memorable First Impressions - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Memorable First Impressions (/showthread.php?tid=10781)

Pages: 1 2

Memorable First Impressions - T'caska Khevo - 03-25-2015

So.... just about everyone who RPs on this server, in one way or another, says that they are open to random RP and walk ups. So have you ever met someone for the first time and thought; "Wow thats a cool character", "omg i cant wait to RP with them again", "holy crap those were some cool quirks", or "take me now RP god!"?

If so.. feel free to share it!

Ok ok I'll start.
I had some RP planned with a couple people last night and none of us really knew which direction it was going to go. One of them I RP with constantly but the other was a new person to me. Once we started to get into the swing of things and the story started to take over, I really found myself able to flow between the other two people really well. This new person seemed to be able to think quickly and come up with some real interesting and unexpected responses. I expected it from my normal "partner" but this new person added a bit more life to the conversation and I really can't wait until the three of us get together to develop the story further.

RE: Memorable First Impressions - Warren Castille - 03-25-2015

First impressions, first impressions... I remember Warren's first meeting with Brynnalia and being pleasantly surprised to meet a woman who didn't immediately go weak in the knees when talking to him. My, that sounds awful prickish of me to say.

More recently, Chachanji! Chance meeting in an open thread he posted, but I was quite taken with the hero-to-be being so determined.

My first meeting with Ado was pretty memorable, too - Little lalafell kid tried to grab Warren's sword, which resulted in a brief babysitting foray looking for the kid's keepers. Howl got involved in that briefly, too.

RE: Memorable First Impressions - Berrod Armstrong - 03-25-2015

Natalie McBeef was a riot, and I was happy to play along at the time.

I approached Warren because he looked like the sort of character that just BEGGED for antagonizing. And now they're friends. Well, shit.

Caleb Agron. Berrod was a complete asshole to him and still plotted to get in his pants. 

Val Nunh. Broken beer bottles on heads. Yesssssuh.

There's a lot more, but I'm lazy!

RE: Memorable First Impressions - Gegenji - 03-25-2015

There's quite a few for me.

First, of course, I have to mirror the meeting with Warren. Never would've thought that a goofy little forum RP of Chachan running away from angry bees would result in the master-apprentice relationship the two have ended up in.

Roen, too. She was (and still is) engrossed in that huge arc with Nero and them, but she was so nice and approachable. And wove such fun RPs with me both in game and out. Helping refugees, learning to ride a Chocobo, having a race. It's all been quite fun.

I could probably put most of Coral under this too. The events and RP that the FC has run has been pretty amazing. From fun little birthday parties and winter events to an on-going overarching story being deftly handed by one of the FC members.

Of course, there's been a few oddballs I've run across... but I can honestly say that most of the folks I've bumped into once or managed to begin more consistent RP with have all made delightful first impressions.

I can only hope folks have just as much fun with Chachan. Blush

RE: Memorable First Impressions - cuideag - 03-25-2015

Jajara meeting Gus Pumpkinweed for the first time sticks out in my mind because it was the first time she met someone that turned (in her mind) so very hostile towards her within a few minutes of saying hello. I enjoyed it, though, the shock of it. Jajara is an enormous socially inept carebear and she didn't really know what to do. They made up since then and were even talking about business ventures before RL stuff decided to severely limit my RP availability.

RE: Memorable First Impressions - Steel Wolf - 03-25-2015

Zarek Windsoul and Mio Den'ravi.

These two people literally made me realize what this game does well in a point where I was too focused on what it didn't do right for me, and they encouraged me to face unseen challenges in spite of the gremlins I had built up regarding players and PUGs.

I owe them a lot for that. More specifically, I owe them both much RP time and huge amounts of hugs. All the hugs.

RE: Memorable First Impressions - Parvacake - 03-25-2015

First meeting Ado was pretty adorable. It was on my alt when she was alive, M'subi, and he was getting dragged off to get a tooth pulled. Eventually it lead to more RP on my main in which Lili eventually adopted him Smile

C'kayah was interesting and I also first met him on M'subi too. He was very helpful for her first day in Ul'dah!

Kaiten/Excen was pretty memorable as well: I initially whispered him in the game because he was wearing an outfit I had never seen before and he looked very dapper in it. Now we live together about a year later!

RE: Memorable First Impressions - Askier - 03-25-2015

Hmmm. Well I've had a lot of awesome things occurs -later- in my rp with people. Problem is a lot of my rp start off so friendly! 

Well except for when Askier met Jana, Osric, and Kahn'a for the first time. Askier was totally just relaxing in Vesper Bay with Delial and Torken, just enjoying the sunset and totally not trying get a bomb part when those three show up with a few others and proceed to beat the ever living shit out of Askier. I mean Jana smashed Askier's eye with a book, Kahn'a shoot Askier in the knee and ruined his dream of being an adventurer, and Osric struck from the shadows like the coward he is. I mean if it hadn't been for Drumstick saving Askier, he might have gone to jail then.

And, although it wasnt as violent, I got super excited first time I rped with Delial cause she was hilarious. Managing to insert awesome one liners into her descriptive paragraphs. I try to mimic her writing technique from time to time cause I like it so much, especially when rping her brother.

And Erik Mynhier was a blast to meet. He and Askier had a total Batman versus villian game going on and taunting each other. And then Askier danced with Siha just to piss Erik off. Good times.

Though the most unique was when I met Grieving Hound. Askier and Hound decided to go slaughter gnolls and for like two hours we rp/leveled by murdering gnolls and went and got beer after. Then they got preached at by Helix Fossil. I miss that lalafell lol.

And I met Alexei who stabbed Askier. So many painful first times lol.

RE: Memorable First Impressions - Nebbs - 03-25-2015

I know I will miss people off because I have a terrible memory and there are so many.. so apologies first as I missed so many

Alice (not an RPer) - she really like Alice in wonderland.. wheeee!

Alothera - oh.. banter.. lets go.. yes.. see this is fun

Brynhilde - she tall, but nice and nice to RP with.. oof speed meeting wheee

Cassandra - what a nice girl, she really plays the "straight man" to the comedy well

Dogberry - Pirate, i net he's a Pirate.. still it is fun to learn how to speak Pirate.. hehehe Pirates

Ilwe'ran - aww he looks new and could do with some attention to bring him out, which developed into.. hmm nice hugs

Izayoi - curious, and curiouser

Jaques - very somber, but I detent some fun there.. we will have fun finding out

Kyra - she likes to direct things, maybe I can throw a spanner in her works?

Lilithium - lovely RP, I need to friend her

Liliana N - she's nice I hope they are happy, maybe we can double date?

Liliro - oh this is fun, she seems sweet but I know I am being robbed.. excellent, nebbs will have a nice surprise

Melodia - oh you flirt you, go on do your worst Smile

Mirabelle - oh you make me laugh.. I like you

Nathan - now that's a handsome bard, will he dance with a pretty girl.. lets see

Renna Xai - oh, she just.. wow, that's neat just what I would do.. now I have to think and keep up. It's like RPing with myself.. weird but in a good way.

Reretha - what a nice person to chat with, crazy but I like crazy

U'tara - yes lets make the barbarian do daft things!

Vaughn - shy but I sense some deeper things, steady as she goes and lets help draw them out

Xenedra - Bard she's a bard that sings.. Bard! Baaaaarrrrrd! Bard Bard Bard, a Bard!

RE: Memorable First Impressions - Aya - 03-25-2015

Lets see...

C'kayah - Aya met C'kayah before she came to Ul'dah, before she became the barmaid, and all.  It was an innocuous little meeting on this forum in my very first thread - which I posted hoping to meet some people and find a little RP interaction.  The good times and the character development that have flowed from that first incidental little meeting have been incredible, its really just the sort of thing that makes you fall in love with RP.

Natalie & Kage - Aya's story for the first six months or so was entirely focused in Gridania and the Shroud.  As my FC mostly vanished on me I found myself somewhat stuck.  I was not finding RP in Gridania, but was not much interested in (nor did I see a good IC reason to) moving elsewhere.  Joining Kage and Natalie in a forum RP thread at the Quick Sand changed that.  Within a couple of weeks Aya was in Ul'dah, working for Momodi, and an entire character arc was born.  Their Link Shell has also introduced me to so many of my friends that I have met since then.

Dogberry - Aya was off in Limsa Lominsa on one of her two-day trips to the city that she loves to take for a little shopping, and a taste of sea air away from the desert.  In particular this was during one of the festivals, with dunking for apples.  At this point I knew of Dogberry from the forums, but had never met him in-game.  There he was without his legs, sitting in one of the tubs of water and apples, carrying on in a drunken stupor.  It was an unforgettable fist impression Smile

Obsidian Hornet - The visual impression of Hornet prowling the Quick Sand really stood out.  Aya was more than a little intimidated to approach her, even though it was her job!  There are many wonderful and interesting Roegadyn, but none have ever had quite the presence of Obsidian Hornet at first meeting (and in this case, first sight, really).

Erik Mynhier - Erik was away from the game for my early times in Ul'dah.  Plots were unfolding around the place, and the phrase "If only Mynhier were here" was heard on more than one occasion.  When he finally returned Aya first met him while she was working at the Quick Sand - he was definitely not in uniform, and I believe shirtless.  It was definitely not what she expected!

Val & Berrod - My first encounter with these two was, like most of the others, at the Quick Sand.  Aya was finishing up a late shift and the place was empty.  They came and stood down between the pillars and the bar, and started up a public conversation (and why not, the place was empty)!  I do not recall the specifics, but the way they carried on reminded me so much of cockneys.  The slang, and manner of speaking both employed, and they swung from one thing to another like they'd known each other all their lives.  The way they discussed women, and violence, gave Aya pause about both of them, but they also (I think) reminded her of the sort of men she grew up around.  Since then she's met them both, but I'll never forget that first encounter of the two of them just talking to each other, having no idea who Aya was, or that she was listening in.

Askier - It was just a little meeting, and not even a blip on Askier's long, arching memory.  It was out along Emerald Avenue, and Askier was nervous, and hiding his (I believe at that time, missing) arm.  He looked like he was in some sort of trouble, and Aya stopped to check on him.  It was only moons later that she was able to piece together that the distressed Miqo'te she met under that mid-afternoon sun, was the villainous bomber turned unlikely hero Askier.

Osric - Something about the way Osric wore that mask, and the air he carried about himself, left me deeply impressed on an OOC level.  He just felt like the perfect Ul'dahn character, and I was left wanting to get to know him better.  I'll be honest, I miss the mask because to me that was such a core element to Osric's mystique in those days, and part of what made me really admire his RP and his character. (The mask is gone, at least mostly, but the admiration is not Smile )

Kahn'a - Aya met Kahn'a during one of Askier's Jin'li plot events.  She found him kind of stuttering, and seemingly unable to get a full handle of the situation.  With Mynhier still gone, and Osric compromised, Kahn'a was left in charge of the Red Wings and the situation was dire.  He felt like someone fully thrust into a bad situation by the hands of fate, and it made things feel that much more dramatic.  It was not a positive first impression on Aya's part, but it was OOCly! Smile

I am sure that there are many others I am not remembering right now, and of course there are so many good friends I've made where our first impressions were perhaps not terribly memorable (that happens, I think, when you meet a lot of people by serving them drinks!).  This is really a fun thread!

AND I DID REMEMBER A VERY MEMORABLE ONE:

Kiht - Just as the Ishgardian Exiles plot was winding down, Kiht came by to talk to Aya. I forget just how the meeting was initiated (if I contacted her, or she contacted me, but I believe we touched based on the forum first somehow). She had recognized Aya's Ishgardian accent, and wanted to speak to her in private. Aya was more than a little nervous, and played the entire encounter at her most defensive (though her approach to being defensive may differ from others!) They walked to an area of the Hustings Strip, and Kiht told her a little bit about what had been going on, about the dangers to the Exiles. She gave Aya a link pearl so they could stay in touch, and thus started one of the most meaningful friendships Aya has outside of Ishgard.

RE: Memorable First Impressions - Melodia - 03-25-2015

Of course Kage and Natalie - My first foray into rp in the game with Ruru and they were awesome...almost felt like celebreties to me at the time. Blush

Aya here on the forums....my first encounter with someone not in the rp who jumped in and brought my little running lala some water. Never will forget that.

Coatleque...every encounter was fun with both Ruru and Krell. Loved the back and forth especially when Ruru met her in Limsa.

Berrod - The meeting with Krell and him and Zhi at the Wench was amazing and hilarious.

Nebbs - Melodia loves to flirt with both of your characters Smile

So many others....but last but not least, Zhavi. My friend. My senpai. *hugs* I miss the rp and I miss you tons. Nothing like you breaking into my room as Ruru and putting him on a path that literally changed my rp direction for everyone of my characters.

On a side note....I know I act like a jerk sometimes here....I know I piss people off and act the fool. I whine. Mope. And act like a brat. But I love you all. Even when you're mad at me I do. And for me...believe it or not....I look at a lot of you in a celebrity status when I see one of you running down the streets, or as I passed Warren on his chocobo in Western La Noscea that one time...I still get awestruck and shy and usually run away. Hell...I am in a FC with Lilithium, who I also see in that light. So my impressions of you all in game tends to be the same every time. One of awe. *blush*

Even when I act the fool.

RE: Memorable First Impressions - Ha'uruh Nunh - 03-25-2015

Ado was actually the conduit for Howl meeting Warren.  Warren was trying ineptly to babysit in a bar.

Howl first officially met Iron Sea when the Roe beat the shit out of him at Otto's fight club. No miss that event.

Other than that, though... I don't get as many "meet cutes" as I'd like.  Guess I need to meet more people.

RE: Memorable First Impressions - Roen - 03-25-2015

Hm. This is easy and hard for me to do, only because for many characters who made me raise my eyebrows and rub my hands in anticipation for the next encounter, those scenes came at their second meeting. The first was brief and almost accidental. But THOSE are not the ones that are being asked for in this thread so...

First impressions as they come to mind:

Verad Bellveil - We had arranged a chance RP but I had no idea what the set up was going to be. The scene that Roen accidentally walked in on with Verad... was HILARIOUS and it totally confounded her. They began to talk and the scene ended on a sad but a touching note. I remember that scene very well and could not help but look forward to the next time they would accidentally meet again. I walked away from that grinning ear to ear.

Natalie Mcbeef - I had no idea who this was. Siha and Roen decided to have lunch at the Quicksand to catch up and this nosy Sultansworn overheard some little thing that was said and walked over to our table, took out a little notepad, and started to grill Roen about it. Trying to protect Siha from suspicion, Roen kind of omitted saying certain things and well... Natalie made her sweat under the collar for it. The rest was history.

Brynhilde Wulf - Roen knew nothing about the woman, but from the first moment she laid her eyes on the Highlander, Bryn just exuded this strength and wisdom. Bryn took her aside and gave her some quiet words of advice and at the time with what Roen was facing, Bryn suddenly seemed like this pillar of unwavering fortitude. Roen still kind of thinks of her that way.

Chachanji Gegenji - This was another prearranged chance encounter, but the scene that followed in the refugee camps was a delight! Especially when Chachanji forced himself to swallow down that awful tincture to reassure someone else. The day ended with Roen watching the little guy play and frolick with Gran in the stream, and she felt quite at peace with herself. It was a warm scene to play.

Edda Eglantine - Nothing extraordinary happened during Roen's first conversation with this noblewoman. And yet for me, their little dance of ingrained courtesies, polite words, and occasional timid prodding into each other's lives, it was a lovely thing to play. Knowing OOC about each other's past, I think we both knew what was not being said ICly but still could see the obvious parallels of the two in their demeanor. Roen still has to get to know this woman better.

RE: Memorable First Impressions - McBeefâ„¢ - 03-25-2015

I am going to have to break this into characters:

For Natters Mcbeef:

C'kayah - First meeting was crazy, lots of strange tension, and I believe a drinking contest

Roen - Natalie was convinced there was drugs in her soup, and followed her around in a ghost disguise

Erik - Told Natalie to fuck off when she pressured him, was a good lesson on the limits of other people in RP

Franz - Immediately got into a fistfight with as they beat the shit out of each other. Then they became friends.

Crofters - Was part of a plot to break Gharen out of a prison, thought she was a stick in the mud, but liked her anyway.

Jameson - A dirty little sleazebag when Natalie first me him, almost too small to worry about. Never thought he'd become a major player.

Gharen - They first met as enemies, and he didn't kill Natalie when he had the chance, made a good impression.

Aya - Met her in the Quicksand thread. I feel like she was less ditsy back then... maybe all that drinking got to her

So many others...

As for Evangeline:

Otto - Spit on him the first time they met, called him monetarist swine, somehow ended up with a bag of money

Crofters - Spit on her, could have gone better. Now they have a hateful friendship.

Jaques and Vaughn - More of an OOC meeting than a IC one, but two of the first people to accept Eva's craziness rather than try to change it.

Orrin - There was flirting until he found out she was a heretic, and it got even more fun from there.

Jana - Ran into Evangeline and then gave her a sponge bath.

Gah so many more. I love you all. Even the ones I hate.

RE: Memorable First Impressions - Aya - 03-25-2015

Ooooh Verad!  That was a terrific and memorable first meeting as well.  He was giving his pitch to unsuspecting patrons of the Quick Sand, and thoroughly amusing me.  When he sat down at a table Aya quickly moved in to take his order: The worst drink in the house, in the smallest serving they had.  Out came a Lalafellen Shot Glass filled with Quqirn Firewater.  The rest is history ^_^

Natalie McBeef Wrote:Aya - Met her in the Quicksand thread. I feel like she was less ditsy back then... maybe all that drinking got to her
She was trying to act tough, that's the kind of impression a mid-rank Sell Sword is supposed to make!  Now ditzy is good for tips, and encourages people to underestimate her.  She hasn't changed, she's just a clever and adaptive girl Smile  Her bottom line is still the same too: she's still just after fun and a good time.