Hydaelyn Role-Players
Event idea! Let's have a ball. (Balmung) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Event idea! Let's have a ball. (Balmung) (/showthread.php?tid=10850)

Event idea! Let's have a ball. (Balmung) - H'malosi Dinhe - 03-28-2015

Ahoy, there! 

H'malosi, just starting out on an ambitious business venture that is both hush-hush, and not so secret, has decided that she is going to host a masquerade. 

Soooo, here I am! There are multiple things that haven't yet been figured out, but I DO have the following details:

Where: Ul'dah, The Gold Court. (If someone would be willing to lend out a mansion in the Goblet for the event, I would be willing to negotiate rental fees for the night. =D)

Why: H'malosi Dinhe, merchant extraordinaire, has decided to make a grand debut in Ul'dah that has really almost nothing to do with her quickly-expanding clientele and troupe of crafters and suppliers. This is the first step in the character's quest to rise to fame in Ul'dah, with the ultimate goal (that there may or may not already be rumors about) being to run the monetarists out of business by taking over one marketing sector at a time. ("Soon, everyone will wear Malosin wares!")  The ball is intended to be a mixer, a sort of meet-and-greet, an event to bring the attention of Ul'dah society around to the budding merchant and her crew.

When: Likely a weekend, with the event commencing some time in the early evening (4 pm PST) and the masks being removed/winding down at midnight PST.

Details yet undetermined:

- Precise date
- "Guest List" (The event is open to the public, though H'malosi insists frequently and loudly that it is an -exclusive- event which one must find her to aquire an invitation for.)
- Bad guys! As the first public event for the troupe, I will need a monetarist (or a few of them) to volunteer their hands for nefarious deeds we will discuss privately as volunteers step forward.
- Other minor details, such as dress code and 'uniforms' for the troupe, to distinguish them from the guests.

So! If you've ideas to contribute, you want a personal invitation in-character, or you wish to participate directly as either a royalist or monetarist, feel free to throw words at me here, or in-game. :3 Thanks for your time!

RE: Event idea! Let's have a ball. (Balmung) - Ciel - 03-28-2015

Not be be discouraging, but...

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=9933

I'm sure Erik wouldn't mind some more help with it if you were interested.

RE: Event idea! Let's have a ball. (Balmung) - H'malosi Dinhe - 03-28-2015

Hngh! I had no idea! Wellllll then, I'll have to see what H'malosi can do to get involved with that, and plan a different debut, later.

RE: Event idea! Let's have a ball. (Balmung) - Aris - 03-28-2015

Sadly Erik's ball is coming up soon, but it's wonderful to see someone else planning a public event - your ideas sound interesting, and I imagine lots would be interested in whatever you come up with. Smile

RE: Event idea! Let's have a ball. (Balmung) - Aduu Avagnar - 03-28-2015

no reason not to have in say another couple of months, but still have a ball in the Gold Court. I mean, there are those of us that would love to take part in more ball like things, we like balls.

RE: Event idea! Let's have a ball. (Balmung) - Ciel - 03-28-2015

(03-28-2015, 06:43 PM)Nako Wrote: no reason not to have in say another couple of months, but still have a ball in the Gold Court. I mean, there are those of us that would love to take part in more ball like things, we like balls.
Fancy big balls?

RE: Event idea! Let's have a ball. (Balmung) - H'malosi Dinhe - 03-28-2015

-snicker-

In all seriousness, I may postpone it 'til May. That gives me time to handle some details, recruit some more good guys, a few bad guys, then Ul'dah will have a mini social season, which could be cool. 

Alternatively, it needn't be Malosi's debut. My secondary idea was to host a sort of give-away in the market row in Ul'dah.  High-quality crafted goods from the troupe would be auctioned off, and common quality, lower-level items would be given away as incentive to bring people back. This would still accomplish the gathering of a bit of attention to the troupe, and initiate irritation from the monetarist sect (hopefully).