Hydaelyn Role-Players
I have returned! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: I have returned! (/showthread.php?tid=10897)

I have returned! - Ryanti - 03-31-2015

And man... it feels good to say that.

Hello, Hola, Dâka-Hô, Konnichiwa RPC! My name is Ryanti Veanysus. I'm a college student about to graduate with a Bachelor's in Marketing... and also an old timer on this website that faded into obscurity about a year ago. Fancy that!

I came here originally at the beginning of 1.0, but that was rather short lived. I returned to the community after the servers of 1.0 shut down, and that's when I created my character and became part of this... family.

I thrived for a long time here during beta of 2.0, and the first few patches. It was an unbelievable experience being a part of your lives and yours being a part of mine. I experienced great roleplay, and fantastic stories, and even told some of my own!

But then... because the way life is sometimes, I had to make sacrifices. About a year ago, I had to dramatically reduce my RP, and my involvement here. And with that, my presence here faded away into the wind. I never quit the game; in fact I still was as active as ever, so if you've seen my name on Balmung before, you aren't crazy Big Grin. I just.. was overwhelmed by this game's content. So I wasn't really RP'ing as much anymore... my life getting much busier didn't help.

The months went by, and as I found myself away from this community, I kind of lost my way. That's how I felt. I wanted to come back sooner, but I felt like I had to wait until the right time.

So I signed onto this forum for the first time in forever about a week ago. After the nostalgia flood ended, I took all of the stuff I had written down of my roleplaying I did both before after I left this community, and completely redesigned my wiki and updated everything.

Then I waited for the right time; patch day. It had to be patch day. So now it's the right time. I'm back, and I'm here to stay. Thumbsup

I have to admit, I do feel nervous. This is kind of surreal to me. It's been a long time, and it can be challenging to feel accepted or live up to the standards you set for yourself when you return. It's great though, to see this place so healthy. It makes me happy. Smile

I know this intro is long, but it means a lot to me. It's homecoming, it's like I'm returning... home. It feels good! I hope I can get to know you all, and fit right back in.

~R

RE: I have returned! - Maril - 03-31-2015

Welcome back! Smile

RE: I have returned! - Ryanti - 03-31-2015

Thanks!

There's a lot of stuff on here that I still gotta re-familiarize myself with; I love the availability thread idea. I'm definitely taking advantage of that.

RE: I have returned! - Duskwright - 03-31-2015

Your name and character is so familiar to me for some reason and I can't put my finger on it.. Either way, Welcome back! Big Grin