Hydaelyn Role-Players
Help Me Make My Wiki Better? Please? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Help Me Make My Wiki Better? Please? (/showthread.php?tid=10901)

Help Me Make My Wiki Better? Please? - Edgar - 04-01-2015

If this is in the wrong board, I apologize. I really didn't know where to put this, as we do not have an official board for the Wiki and topics regarding such. Move it where you see fit.

Okay, so I have a wiki page for Edgar Von Gandervalt, my Main OC and generally the guy I have RP'd as most often. Unfortunately for me, I find that my editing skills are lackluster. I have some things down, but I often compare my page to works of frigging art like Jajara Jara's and...Well, it's not exactly confidence-boosting, to say the least.

So, I'd like to ask of you, all...Could you please make my page better?

I can fill out the details as they come up, replacing lorem ipsum text is not that difficult, but when it comes to making the damn page look pretty, I just don't do so well. So, help a guy out? I'd be eternally grateful!

[Image: IMH0TE5.jpg]

RE: Help Me Make My Wiki Better? Please? - Alothia - 04-01-2015

Honestly, if there are things that you like from other people's profiles, copy the formatting and change the colors around. That's what I've done. It takes some getting used to, but once you figure out what certain things do, it's pretty fun!

RE: Help Me Make My Wiki Better? Please? - Unnamed Mercenary - 04-01-2015

(04-01-2015, 12:12 AM)Alothia Wrote: Honestly, if there are things that you like from other people's profiles, copy the formatting and change the colors around. That's what I've done. It takes some getting used to, but once you figure out what certain things do, it's pretty fun!

^that's mostly what I do too. ...if it's something looks like it took a lot of work, I'll ask the creator if they're ok with me grabbing the code, and I'll cite them on the wiki. (Like the template I started with and some floating text by Crofte)

RE: Help Me Make My Wiki Better? Please? - Edgar - 04-01-2015

(04-01-2015, 12:12 AM)Alothia Wrote: Honestly, if there are things that you like from other people's profiles, copy the formatting and change the colors around. That's what I've done. It takes some getting used to, but once you figure out what certain things do, it's pretty fun!

I'd really like just a bare template of what's going on in Jajara's page. I tried looking at the formatting as it stands and was dumbfounded by the text overwhelming my brain. Dazed

RE: Help Me Make My Wiki Better? Please? - Unnamed Mercenary - 04-01-2015

(04-01-2015, 12:21 AM)Edgar Wrote:

I'd really like just a bare template of what's going on in Jajara's page. I tried looking at the formatting as it stands and was dumbfounded by the text overwhelming my brain. Dazed

Give me a few minutes. ...provided she's ok with template-sharing, I'll have some code for you.

Edit: Ok, I -highly- recommend using something besides a browser to edit this. (HTML editor of choice for some syntax highlighting/autocompletion) (Or use Notepadd++ and select HTML as the language)

Edit 2: I also put a couple comments in for code blocks if they were more than a line or possibly confusing. So, so many <div> tags. There's a reason I went the [uglier in my opinion] wikitable and tabs route.

Show Content