Hydaelyn Role-Players
Character Wiki Rumors - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Character Wiki Rumors (/showthread.php?tid=10919)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Character Wiki Rumors - Melodia - 04-30-2015

Uhm....how do I change the big header from "User: Melodia" to the name?

RE: Character Wiki Rumors - Qhora Bajihri - 04-30-2015

(04-30-2015, 02:50 PM)Melodia Wrote: Uhm....how do I change the big header from "User: Melodia" to the name?

Your user page is not the same as a character page. Make a new one for the character and copy/paste the content.

RE: Character Wiki Rumors - FreelanceWizard - 04-30-2015

You can also move the page into the main namespace. Click the down arrow next to the search box, then click Move. Change the first field from "User" to "(Main)" and rename the page to your character's name, then click "Move page". Then you're done!

RE: Character Wiki Rumors - Aaron - 04-30-2015

Im gonna start posting rumors similar to "I heard a rumor about that guy. But I don't know what it is."

RE: Character Wiki Rumors - g0ne - 06-14-2015

Can Eleni get some rumors please? Moogle

Pwease? :3

RE: Character Wiki Rumors - Kellach Woods - 06-14-2015

who?

(kidding, just don't know much!)

RE: Character Wiki Rumors - Lilia Lia - 06-17-2015

I agree!  I love the rumours on wiki pages and as soon as I made my page I tried to hit up as many people as I could think of to add rumours to theirs.

I welcome anyone who knows me IC to add a few to mine.

RE: Character Wiki Rumors - Aya - 03-06-2016

Pssssssssst! Rumors are still one of my favorite ways to build RP community, and to "spice up" wiki pages with interesting and fun tidbits. Just wanted to encourage everyone again to open rumor sections on your wikis (and if you don't have a wiki, you should start one! Simple and short is just fine!!) and to leave rumors on the pages of those you meet! Every little tidbit makes the world a little more immersive, and makes the character a little easier to know and imagine!

RE: Character Wiki Rumors - Verad - 03-06-2016

(03-06-2016, 05:15 PM)Aya Wrote: Pssssssssst!  Rumors are still one of my favorite ways to build RP community, and to "spice up" wiki pages with interesting and fun tidbits.  Just wanted to encourage everyone again to open rumor sections on your wikis (and if you don't have a wiki, you should start one!  Simple and short is just fine!!) and to leave rumors on the pages of those you meet!  Every little tidbit makes the world a little more immersive, and makes the character a little easier to know and imagine!

She's not kidding about that first part. I am planning to recategorize an entire section of my wiki as "Aya Rumours."

RE: Character Wiki Rumors - Roe Dad - 03-06-2016

I have really only ever received one. Though I don't mind that.

Edit: I do think it adds to it especially if you end up running in similar circles.

RE: Character Wiki Rumors - Chompie - 03-06-2016

(03-06-2016, 05:15 PM)Aya Wrote: Pssssssssst!  Rumors are still one of my favorite ways to build RP community, and to "spice up" wiki pages with interesting and fun tidbits.  Just wanted to encourage everyone again to open rumor sections on your wikis (and if you don't have a wiki, you should start one!  Simple and short is just fine!!) and to leave rumors on the pages of those you meet!  Every little tidbit makes the world a little more immersive, and makes the character a little easier to know and imagine!

Rumors are like, 60% of the reason I made a wiki page. They're so entertaining and lovely and wonderful. They're fun to write, they're fun to read, they're fun to share!

And perhaps most important of all, they're something that can spark in-character interactions, which really should be the whole point of a profile page!

Heart RUMOURRRRS Heart

( Hello! Hypocrite speaking here. I actually get terrified and second-guess myself every time I'm about to add a rumour to someone's page. Ha! )

RE: Character Wiki Rumors - Kinono - 03-08-2016

people leave rumors?

literally what

RE: Character Wiki Rumors - Aya - 03-08-2016

(03-08-2016, 06:34 AM)Kinono Wrote: people leave rumors?

literally what
If you give people a section in your wiki to! That's what I'm encouraging anyway ^_^

RE: Character Wiki Rumors - Kinono - 03-08-2016

(03-08-2016, 07:07 AM)Aya Wrote:

literally what
If you give people a section in your wiki to!  That's what I'm encouraging anyway ^_^

I had a section for years until just a couple days ago.

I removed it bevause it never saw activity and the big blank section made me self conscious.

I was starting to think it was some vestigial organ part of wiki formatting that no one actually used.

RE: Character Wiki Rumors - Warren Castille - 03-08-2016

(03-08-2016, 07:49 AM)Kinono Wrote:
(03-08-2016, 07:07 AM)Aya Wrote:

literally what
If you give people a section in your wiki to!  That's what I'm encouraging anyway ^_^

I had a section for years until just a couple days ago.

I removed it bevause it never saw activity and the big blank section made me self conscious.

I was starting to think it was some vestigial organ part of wiki formatting that no one actually used.

It can be hit or miss. Some roleplayers leave them religiously after any RP session, and some people only leave them when someone tags them first, and some people just forgot they have a wiki at all.