Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hello. Could I get a little help from you lot? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hello. Could I get a little help from you lot? (/showthread.php?tid=10990)

Hello. Could I get a little help from you lot? - Leofric - 04-07-2015

Hey guys.
I'm extremely new to FFXIV, but no stranger to roleplay. I love the fantasy aspect of Final Fantasy, and figured I'd enjoy Roleplay here. Seems like a fantastic melding of two things I enjoy. 

I'm kind of disappointed though, I can't feel out the roleplay at all or even just observe to see if it's actually something I enjoy. Gilg and Balmung are both constantly under restriction. Is there any way I'll be able to get into them for the RP or is it better to just cut my losses and not even try? It's been about a week and I'm becoming more and more disappointed.

I know either are the RP servers and it doesn't seem like anywhere else is like that. Could I get a reply for clarity or letting me know if there's elsewhere to go? Pretty much giving up at this point, not going to pay for a game I can't even play. Sad

RE: Hello. Could I get a little help from you lot? - Warren Castille - 04-07-2015

We get a couple off-beat servers mentioned sometimes; I've heard Levi and Coeurl have some RP? I'm not sure how prevalent it is, though. The difficulty getting onto Gilg or Balmung is real, though. The only real advice I've got is to keep plugging away and not giving up. I understand that doesn't do you any comfort. Sad

RE: Hello. Could I get a little help from you lot? - Makyn Loneseeker - 04-07-2015

Dissapointment for not making the title "I get a little help from my friends?" </3

Restrictions are a struggle, how I came by getting past was waiting for a maintenance, and logging in right before it shut off.

RE: Hello. Could I get a little help from you lot? - Maril - 04-07-2015

If you roll a character on a different server, 2 days after their creation you will be able to pay for a transfer to Balmung or Gilgamesh. It's a method that worked approx two months ago and I haven't heard anything about them shutting it off. It costs money which sucks, but if you can not be online in the time-slot where Balmung/Gilgy usually opens, it may be the only way for you. 
ETA: Remember to keep an eye on the other transfer restrictions!

Keep an eye on This Thread for Balmung, people tend to write whenever they notice it's open - judging by their post times, you will be able to get an idea of when it usually happens. Afaik, Balmung never ever opens during weekends anymore.

RE: Hello. Could I get a little help from you lot? - Zhavi - 04-07-2015

This thread might be of some use. Another thing I've done is to transfer a character from another server, but that'll cost you so it's not a good option for everyone. 4-6am Pacific time during weekdays has usually been when I've been able to roll new characters, though, if that helps.

While you're feeling out other servers, don't be afraid to set up forum rps!

edit - nailah beat me to it, hee.

RE: Hello. Could I get a little help from you lot? - Leofric - 04-07-2015

Oh, so it's not just a totally locked server. There's still ways to get in, its just at weird times?

RE: Hello. Could I get a little help from you lot? - Gegenji - 04-07-2015

Correct. The best times to get in are early in the morning (all my successful sneaks onto the server were around 6/7am EST) or just before or after the servers are closed for maintenance.

It actually used to be a lot worse over the holidays and the free return weeks and such... but you should be able to get a character made if you're willing to either stay up late or get up early - depending on preference.

RE: Hello. Could I get a little help from you lot? - Hammersmith - 04-07-2015

I had an insomniac buddy call me when the server "opened" at around 3 in the morning.

Groan, stumble, roll saved char looks up, plug in dates/guardians, create, squint at opening cutscene, return to the cracks in the wall of sleep.

RE: Hello. Could I get a little help from you lot? - T'caska Khevo - 04-07-2015

This is a website that will send you an email when its possible to create a character on any server you specify., I get an email every morning at about 8:00 EST saying balmung is open.

http://worlds.nyxstudios.moe/

RE: Hello. Could I get a little help from you lot? - Leofric - 04-07-2015

Thanks, I greatly appreciate the help from all of you! Looking forward to seeing you in game and making a few friends (or enemies). Tongue