Hydaelyn Role-Players
Any Loremasters Willing to Go Over Character History? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Any Loremasters Willing to Go Over Character History? (/showthread.php?tid=11000)

Any Loremasters Willing to Go Over Character History? - S'khai Nunh - 04-07-2015

So, long story short, I'd like someone who is fantastic with lore (specifically 1.0/Sun Seeker lore) to help me out with my character history. I have the basic idea down, but with Khai's family/tribe/sept already a little divergent, I'd like to make sure the rest of him sticks to the lore well.

Anyone willing to act as a soundboard?

RE: Any Loremasters Willing to Go Over Character History? - SicketySix - 04-08-2015

Bumped so Sounsyy sees this.

RE: Any Loremasters Willing to Go Over Character History? - Domri Blackblade - 04-08-2015

Paging Sounsyyyyy.

RE: Any Loremasters Willing to Go Over Character History? - Melkire - 04-08-2015

Sounsyy's the person to PM if you'd like a private soundboard on the matter, one of if not the most well-versed-on-XIV-lore individuals on these boards. If you're looking for public discourse, why not let us know the ins and outs of the character / the character's backstory while we wait for the Resident Loremaster(s) to arrive?

RE: Any Loremasters Willing to Go Over Character History? - Makyn Loneseeker - 04-08-2015

-Lights the Sounsyy signal up into the sky-

RE: Any Loremasters Willing to Go Over Character History? - Aaron - 04-08-2015

You all are doing it wrong. 

To summon Sounsy requires a large amount of crystals + the /pray

RE: Any Loremasters Willing to Go Over Character History? - Hutarin - 04-08-2015

/prays for Sounsyy

RE: Any Loremasters Willing to Go Over Character History? - Yangh - 04-08-2015

-Kicks Sounsyy out of bed- "You're needed." -tosses pants at-

RE: Any Loremasters Willing to Go Over Character History? - allgivenover - 04-08-2015

Or we could contribute instead of just calling for Soussy? Who is this person and why are they the go to for lore? Don't we all play the same game with the same resources to draw from?

Anyway.

Wabati Jirho and Nhapla Hyun sound like Keepers. If they are Keepers then some explanation for why they would go with the whole Nuhn thing is in order. Sure they're exiles, but that doesn't mean they'd jump on the Nuhn thing without a damn good reason.

Show Content

Edit:
Whoops, truncated my post mistakenly. Other than that the term sept while something of an accurate description isn't a term I've seen used in the setting anywhere.

RE: Any Loremasters Willing to Go Over Character History? - Sounsyy - 04-08-2015

/massiveblush

Y'all are too damn awesome. <3

(04-07-2015, 11:19 PM)Skhai Nunh Wrote: So, long story short, I'd like someone who is fantastic with lore (specifically 1.0/Sun Seeker lore) to help me out with my character history.

You may send me a PM any time with lore questions, or post questions here in the thread for all to see and comment. ^^ I don't guarantee I can answer all your questions, but I will guarantee that I'll try to find the answers if I don't know them. Hope to help! ^^

RE: Any Loremasters Willing to Go Over Character History? - Titor - 04-08-2015

(04-08-2015, 06:05 PM)allgivenover Wrote: Or we could contribute instead of just calling for Soussy? Who is this person and why are they the go to for lore? Don't we all play the same game with the same resources to draw from?
I feel the same way, we all have access to the same information, there are even 1.0 archives and other such things that we can go to to piece together lore.

It would be better to have the character's story in question in the open, imo, so that anyone can chime in if they wish to. If you want to keep the story mostly a secret, then just one or two questions that you think might be an issue?

RE: Any Loremasters Willing to Go Over Character History? - Merri - 04-08-2015

Plenty of us lore hounds around. I compiled a massive amount of information back during 1.0 and thus far into 2.0, so, I'd be more than happy to chime in as well with any lore related questions. Same as Sounsyy, really, in that if you have questions, feel free to hit me up and I'll either have your answer or at the very least, any information within the ballpark of your question~

:>

RE: Any Loremasters Willing to Go Over Character History? - Qhora Bajihri - 04-08-2015

Sounsyy's got a rep for posting very thoughtful and thorough lore posts in response to various questions. She's not some sort of holy archon of lore glory, but she has earned her reputation by putting in the effort, not from nowhere. Screaming her name in response to a lore question seems like a reasonable thing to do, really.

But nay, she is not the only one. I myself went through the 1.0 forums before ARR launch, but I don't have anywhere near the recall/research skills/incentive to be as clear and detailed as I've seen her posts be.

I also loved that particular spoilered postmooglish, as it's very close in line to my own character's backstory that I'd developed when ARR was in beta. Was a sort of reassurance that I wasn't so off base.

RE: Any Loremasters Willing to Go Over Character History? - S'khai Nunh - 04-09-2015

(04-08-2015, 06:05 PM)allgivenover Wrote: Or we could contribute instead of just calling for Soussy? Who is this person and why are they the go to for lore? Don't we all play the same game with the same resources to draw from?

Anyway.

Wabati Jirho and Nhapla Hyun sound like Keepers. If they are Keepers then some explanation for why they would go with the whole Nuhn thing is in order. Sure they're exiles, but that doesn't mean they'd jump on the Nuhn thing without a damn good reason.

Show Content

Edit:
Whoops, truncated my post mistakenly. Other than that the term sept while something of an accurate description isn't a term I've seen used in the setting anywhere.
From what I've read, sept is purely fanlore, but it's an aapt way of pointing out a 'subtribe'.

As for Wabati Jirho and Nhapla Hyun, I actually knocked the tribe designation from their names (prior to, they'd've been T'wabati and E'nhapla) as I felt that, being outcasts, they'd likely drop their 'tribe' letter from their names to seperate from them, either by choice or by force. S'raha was an arrogant and self-important jerkoff, so he chose to keep his tribe in his name, even if only to piss off the rest of the S' tribeÂ