Hydaelyn Role-Players
[OPEN] Kali Kalrath LIVE at Fallgourd Float! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: [OPEN] Kali Kalrath LIVE at Fallgourd Float! (/showthread.php?tid=11086)

[OPEN] Kali Kalrath LIVE at Fallgourd Float! - Steel Wolf - 04-13-2015

The dapper Lalafell felt out of place at his new broadcast location. Ul'dah, sure. Gold Saucer, definitely...but in the middle of an outpost in the North Shroud of Gridania? Some people might say that a shining gold suit was an affront to the Elementals. It was then that he realized just how bite-sized he was...and it was also then that he was thankful the Elementals were too weak to invoke the Greenwrath.

No, Kali. You're building a brand. Perception is reality, and this is YOUR look. Wear it with pride!

Shelving his worries about his appearance, he deftly twirled his signature talkywand, then spoke into the linkpearl end with the practiced ease of a true Linkpeearl Show Host--his self-created job. Despite the laughter it drew from the Ul'dah tax registrar's office, it totally is a real job.

"Hello, my lovely Linkpearl listeners! I, of course, am Kali Kalrath, YOUR Lalafell on the Path! I bring to you another special edition of this show, as my ears have picked up word of some increased activity for our brave adventurers of the Realm!

"Allow me to elaborate, friends--there were reports and rumors coming down from the Coerthas Central Highlands that the gates to Ishgard have shuddered under the assault of a ferocious dragon horde! Now, anyone who's read a book understands that the Holy See of Ishgard has waged a very private war with these 'Dravanians' for centuries, and so the potential that this battle has spilled out into the rest of our beloved Realm is intriguing, to say the least!

"These rumors have been substantiated by calls from the Adventurer's Guilds of all of the grand nations of Eorzea to report to the Steps of Faith in hopes of creating a bulwark against the lashings of these fierce beasts. And it's this speaker's hope that he can track down a few of these brave souls who intend to take up this call to arms!"

Kali continued speaking as he made his way down one of the long bridges, away from the Aetheryte and towards the Bobbing Cork.

"I'm here, live, at the North Shroud near the Bobbing Cork at Fallgourd Float--the last major outpost before our fearless fighters make their way to the bitter, chill winds of the mountains and stare at the steely eyes of a ravening foe, looking to answer today's question:

"What do you think about Ishgard, and about this stunning new threat?"

The gilded Lalafell makes his way to an your feet, aiming the pearl end of his talkywand at you. "Excuse me, friend! I'm Kali Kalrath, Lalafell on the Path. Would you kindly answer for our listeners....what do you think about Ishgard and the news of a Dravanian attack?"

RE: [OPEN] Kali Kalrath LIVE at Fallgourd Float! - Warren Castille - 04-13-2015

A slightly withered, very grey miqo'te glanced down at the lalafell in the... let's say eccentric brightly colored clothing and then at the linkpearl-on-a-stick that was suddenly stuck in his face. The cat's eyes exchanged between them and a grey old ear flicked before he reached up to scratch just under it.

"Oh, I seen lotsa folks headin' that-a-way. Not me, mind ya' - old fella like m'self ain't got no business lookin' to go face to snout with no dragon. I reckon it'd upset the little miss a right bit if she got wind that her man went and got himself eaten."

The miqo'te smiled in amusement with a twinkle in his eye, as if he was telling a joke of some sort that not everyone was in on. "If'n the rest'a us should be lookin' out for their war spillin' into our neck of the wood..." He paused a moment and frowned, not liking whatever thought graced behind his eyes. "...first and foremos' I'd worry about what's goin' on with Ishgard. We ain't seen much'a one another late, but it weren't always like this. Kinda like the stubborn little kit who strikes out from home, try'n'a show the whole of the world that he can stand on his own two feet too."

"S'easy to get wrapped up in the pas' couple'a years and remember that they turned away from the res' of us, but I don't think it's so simple as jus' pickin' sides." The cat shrugged and seemed to realize he was rambling a bit. "We ain't all gotta be beholden to the sins of our fathers, I think. If they need a hand and we've got one to offer..."

The cat trailed off with another small shrug, turning his hand in a "why not?" sort of way.

RE: [OPEN] Kali Kalrath LIVE at Fallgourd Float! - Steel Wolf - 04-13-2015

Kali's eyes were near-watering. Here was a delightful, warm, withered old Miqo'te, offering the wisdom of ages lived to the ears of his listeners.

People will talk about this show forever! And more linkpearls will be demanded!!

"Well..." ,replied the Lalafell, managing to compose himself briefly. "That...that is the sound of a true hero, friends, even if I mistakenly assumed him as journeying north to offer aid. Thank you, sir, for your candor. I believe I can speak for all of my listeners when I say that was deeply moving."

Kali marched off, energized by his grand fortune at finding an amazing first respondent. "Yes, friends, heroism isn't only found at the edge of a blade or the clangor of a battlefield. Sometimes the words of wisdom carry more weight than the heaviest of weapons."

He walked up to another adventurer, talkywand primed. "Pardon me! I'm Kali Kalrath, Lalafell on the Path. Would you kindly tell our listeners what you think of Ishgard and the current threat of dragons in the area?"

RE: [OPEN] Kali Kalrath LIVE at Fallgourd Float! - Gegenji - 04-13-2015

Ire flashed in Gogonji's violet eyes as as the talkywand was pressed into his face. He was on his way to deliver a message to Annunu regarding her mission - a simple task complicated by this garish fool with a pearl on a stick. At least her stumbling upon his temporary base of operations here at the Bobbing Cork had turned into something useful somehow. This particular encounter was a public relations situation, not unlike the surprise Magitek device the aforementioned female Lalafell had brought to his doorstep, and with even less chance for profit off it.

"I care little for their problems," he commented curtly, a bit of hurt over his betrayal by an Ishgardian seeping out over his eagerness to continue on his way. "They've been fighting the dragons for cycles; there is nothing new here. There are other, more pressing, matters that require more immediate attention than some garish aggrandizement of the status quo."

Gogonji harrumphed in spite of himself as he adjusted his spectacles. He had said more than he had intended, but he had managed enough wherewithal to avoid stating anything that he might regret later. And it was all true. Eorzea had other issues they were ignoring in favor of petty squabbles and a standstill conflict that had been going on for hundreds of cycles now. He would remind them, of course, and in doing so set in motion what was needed to deal with the threat once and for all - and get his revenge in kind.

"Now, if you'll excuse me. I have more important things to do than prattle on about nonsense."

And with that, the green-haired Lalafell pushed his way past the golden-garbed reporter, making his way out the door.

Kali blinked as the taciturn Lalafell brushed his way past him. He pouted ridiculously, his mind once more spinning together the incredibly impossible link between his manner of dress and the wrath of the Elementals.

"Well...I...suppose we all have our own little agendas. I didn't mean any offense, sir!" Kali practically shouted the last part of his statement at the swiftly shrinking form of the Lalafell as he moved away.

"So, it would seem we're getting a broad swath of opinions, listeners." ,continued Kali, re-composing himself. "The fate of Ishgard and its prior behavior is no doubt heavy on many minds with this news unfolding as we speak."

After brushing at his suit jacket, in an attempt to maybe dull its sheen in appeasement to the Elementals, he approached another adventurer. "Pardon me! I am Kali Kalrath, Lalafell on the Path. Would you be so kind as to tell our listeners your thoughts on Ishgard and the current threat it faces from Dravania?"

RE: [OPEN] Kali Kalrath LIVE at Fallgourd Float! - Melodia - 04-13-2015

Melodia stopped and looked down, before squatting near the lalafell. She tilted her head a bit and shook it.

"Are y' serious? I c'n barely find work an' yer askin' me about some far off land I only ever heard about through tales as a child? Listen, little one. Perhaps, if yer s' keen on gettin' th' story 'bout Ishgard...ye may do yerself a favor by headin' there yerself." She smirked.

"Jus'....bundle up 'fore ye head out. I hear th' snow's a real biter up there." She giggled and stood, taking off toward one of the shops in town as she passed through.

Kali shrugged. Perhaps he didn't word the question correctly...he was asking her about her thoughts on the matter....

"Well...some folks have their own personal matters. I can certainly appreciate the focus on one's gil pouch, to be sure. Still..I would suspect it'd be challenging to spend said gil if one is a dragon's snack."

He chuckled dryly at his own dark joke, but then his smile dropped at the realization that maybe what he said was offensive. It was his good fortune that there wasn't some overseeing body preventing him from speaking how he wanted. But still...

Brushing it off, Kali approached another person. "Beggin' your pardon. My name is Kali Kalrath, Lalafell on the Path. I was curious if you could inform my listeners about your thoughts on Ishgard and the current threat it faces."

RE: [OPEN] Kali Kalrath LIVE at Fallgourd Float! - Unnamed Mercenary - 04-13-2015

Franz looked a little confused at the pole raised to closely to his face.

The hells is this supposed to be?

Mustering a smile, he worked on making some form of a coherent response.

"Er, well you see, as someone who has had some rather unpleasant experiences due to Ishgard, I honestly think it is an issue they should have to handle." Can other people even hear me on this thing? 'Nonetheless, they are in need of help, and I'm sure there are people rushing to their aid. Perhaps some of your listeners are thinking about it too. If they are though, they  had better be ready for the cold. And I don't just mean the weather. Ishgard is as fine a city as any other, but the people? Better hope you're on their good side, or you'll be treated worse than trash."

He shuffled about, slightly. "I don't think I would go back for Ishgard without good reason. There is simply too much history I'd rather not have to acknowledge."

Kali nodded thoughtfully, trying his damndest to look as official and learned as one could in a shining gold suit. "Well, it is remarkable that so many people carry a personal history with Ishgard. Indeed, our realm has been once bitten and twice shy with regard to the Holy See and its affairs with the other city-states."

He gave the gentleman a broad smile, talking into his wand as he trundled about, like a crazy guard at the door talking into his weapon.

"Perhaps, then, it is for those old reasons that many adventurers have elected to ignore this call forth. This reporter wonders...are there none who can set aside history to protect the future?"

Oooo, GOOD one, Kali. Gotta write that one down later.

"Excuse me, friend! I'm Kali Kalrath, Lalafell on the Path!" Another talkywand target was aimed at. "Would you please tell my listeners...what do you think of Ishgard and of the threat looming over its head?"

RE: [OPEN] Kali Kalrath LIVE at Fallgourd Float! - Star Lin - 04-14-2015

John Waterstrike gave the bartender his thanks as he pay for the medical herbs his mother was waiting on.  He turn around finding the stick with a linkpearl on the end.  Where had he send this before.  The blue-purple hair Miqo'te thought for a moment then remember this was the same Lalafell that he had 'run' into at the Gold Saucer.

"I wish to apologizes for my rudeness to you, Sir Kali."  John wasn't sure if the other would remember.  "You try to interview me if I remember right at the Gold Saucer."  He blushed a little.  "I fear I'm not that good with loud noise and such colorful lights."

At the question, John's face took on a thoughtful look.  "I know that the city-states have not seen eye to eye but they came to us because their people are dying."  His ears and tail drop, "I would go myself to help but I am still learning to be a healer.  With no offense magic, I would only be a burden to those that I wish to help."

A young Lalafell at the enterance to the Bobbing Cork.  "Master Waterstrike.  We have to hurry.  The next airship leave in a bell and your mother will be mad if we miss it."

"I'll be right with you, Lady Mimi."  John turn back to Kali.  "I'll take my leave of you, Sir Kali."  He bow again to the Lalafell.  "May your journey be a safe one."  He turn and follow the young Lalafell, Mimi, out of the Bobbing Cork.

RE: [OPEN] Kali Kalrath LIVE at Fallgourd Float! - Steel Wolf - 04-14-2015

Kali gave a thoughtful nod, his face wearing a combination of sadness and hope, the sort of sorrowful smile that one would hear if being regaled by an old warrior's yarn of battle.

He did, indeed, recall the hyper-stimulated Miqo'te from the Gold Saucer--it was hard to forget what amounted to a frightened feral animal trying to hide in a nearby bush. His mouth turned up to a smile and he bowed courteously to the Miqo'te as he took his leave.

"It truly takes a large, glowing heart to take up the arts of succor, and that, my listeners, is a prime example why. How it must pain him and his oaths that he has to stay away from what is no doubt a field of suffering and death! I certainly hope that those trained as he are able to provide comfort and relief, and that mayhap he'll be able to proffer his own skills to the cause!"

Lightning in a bottle, Kali. Keep it going.

He trotted over to another, talkywand whipping forward smartly as he spoke again: "Greetings! I'm Kali Kalrath, Lalafell on the Path! Would you mind taking a moment to tell my listeners what you think of Ishgard and of its current plight?"