Hydaelyn Role-Players
Heavensward Jobs, and Au Ra Lore now available - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Heavensward Jobs, and Au Ra Lore now available (/showthread.php?tid=11137)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Heavensward Jobs, and Au Ra Lore now available - Martiallais - 04-17-2015

(04-17-2015, 12:24 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:
(04-17-2015, 12:21 PM)Aris Wrote: I think my Au Ra plans should still fit, with a good reason for travelling. Hopefully it'll still be okay and not make anyone roll their eyes when they see yet another Au Ra wandering up the street. Blush

I daresay that's going to be the issue that all Au Ra are going to run into.

Au Ra are going to be the new Miqo'te, complete with all the threads/people complaining about there being too many of them. Count on it.

RE: Heavensward Jobs, and Au Ra Lore now available - Harmonixer - 04-17-2015

(04-17-2015, 12:21 PM)Aris Wrote: I think my Au Ra plans should still fit, with a good reason for travelling. Hopefully it'll still be okay and not make anyone roll their eyes when they see yet another Au Ra wandering up the street. Blush

Yeah, I fully expect people to sigh upon my characters appearance. It's going to be that way for a long time. I've stated before that I've been quite fortunate with the people I interact with and have very little issues with. ICly however might fare a bit differently.

That bleed thing comes to mind again. So long as people aren't just in RP for themselves there should be no problems. It is kind of funny to think I'll 'have to earn the trust' of some tho.

If I didn't have something in mind already, I would have definitely rolled a pale scale fortune teller. I know it's typical, but I oh so love the travelers life in RP. If anyone does something like this, let me know! I'd love to RP with you.

RE: Heavensward Jobs, and Au Ra Lore now available - allgivenover - 04-17-2015

(04-17-2015, 12:12 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:
(04-17-2015, 12:09 PM)K Wrote: It's not about origin, it's about it being made extra difficult to have a creative story as to what you are doing here and why. It's not about my own characters or Clover's for what matter(whose is the initial point I was trying to explain), but rather explaining away this sudden influx if Auri appearing all of a sudden because "something happened and we needed to travel!", "I hail from the XXXX tribe and to determine the worth of these lands" or even "I just felt like exploring".

For me personally, while I'd love to incorporate as much of the lore as possible into my story, I'll have to see how that will work with the original concept I had. I'm not really worried for myself. I was just wondering what's going to stop any of my characters from asking themselves why a ton of people from a particularly isolated race suddenly got struck with a potent wanderlust.

(04-17-2015, 12:05 PM)allgivenover Wrote:
(04-17-2015, 11:45 AM)K Wrote: Imagine if 80-90% of every miqo'te in-game had in their backstory that they were tribal but then "left"... wouldn't that start feeling a little bland after a while? That's kind of the point I think.

I recall us dealing with exactly that as Miqo'te. You'll be fine.

Hahaha. I never had to deal with that so I underestimated how commonplace it was I guess. Perhaps it's my turn now!

Lodestone description for miqo'te Wrote:Though their presence in Eorzea is lesser than that of the other races, the Miqo'te are easily distinguished by their large, projecting ears and restless, feline tails.

Yes yes, we all know only terrible Gary Stu RPers play Miqo'te.

RE: Heavensward Jobs, and Au Ra Lore now available - Wymsical - 04-17-2015

Oh no, how dare people roll as a new race that was added specifically for us to love and play.

RE: Heavensward Jobs, and Au Ra Lore now available - K'nahli - 04-17-2015

(04-17-2015, 12:15 PM)Aya Wrote:
(04-17-2015, 12:09 PM)K Wrote: but rather explaining away this sudden influx if Auri appearing all of a sudden because "something happened and we needed to travel!", "I hail from the XXXX tribe and to determine the worth of these lands" or even "I just felt like exploring".
I predict a large boat of them arriving in Eorzea sometime this June!!! :-)

*shields eyes in fear*

(04-17-2015, 12:41 PM)Wymsical Wrote:

Oh no, how dare people roll as a new race that was added specifically for us to love and play.

Didn't you know? The only good RP is low power, gritty, and Non Miqo'te. Or AuRa. Only wannabe special snowflakes play those.

You're double bad if you play a Raen. Thier names being Doman makes you a disgusting weeaboo too.

Edit: Just to be absolutely clear, this is sarcasm.

RE: Heavensward Jobs, and Au Ra Lore now available - Warren Castille - 04-17-2015

(04-17-2015, 12:40 PM)allgivenover Wrote: Yes yes, we all know only terrible Gary Stu RPers play Miqo'te.

(04-17-2015, 12:41 PM)Wymsical Wrote: Oh no, how dare people roll as a new race that was added specifically for us to love and play.

Stop projecting.

RE: Heavensward Jobs, and Au Ra Lore now available - Gegenji - 04-17-2015

Can we quit with the descent into childish sniping, please?

This thread is for talking about the revealed lore for the new jobs and race and what it means to the game from both a normal play and RP standpoint, let's just stick to that.

There's going to be Au Ra. Several, because it's a new race. Some people are making them just because they're the flavor of the week. Some because they like dragonfolk. Some have character ideas they've been waiting for Heavensward to bring to the table.

There's also going to be a bunch of the new classes as everyone tries it out, some because it's there and others having been waiting eagerly for them to be added. Some will stick with them, some will return to their old mainstays if the new ones don't grab them. Some will just have them solely for RP purposes.

None of these are wrong ways to do things. Same as it isn't wrong to play a Miqo'te. Or a Dragoon. Or even a Miqo'te Dragoon. Everyone has their own way to approach the game, and they are entitled to it as long as it doesn't impinge on the way others are trying to enjoy their game.

RE: Heavensward Jobs, and Au Ra Lore now available - Clover - 04-17-2015

The thing is that all Au Ra RPers are forced to make their characters leave their land or not be RPed at all. I just wish there were more possibilities than that single one, that's all.

As for the Xaela lore, I guess I was disappointed because (to me) it was like seeing a nice cake and being told I couldn't try it, haha. I read the post like "do you see these awesome tribal wars in unknown lands full of history? Sorry, you're going to miss them all because you're forced into the single RP route of emigration!"

In any case, emigrating is also fun. But since I want to play two different Au Ras (one from each clan), I'll still pay attention to any new lore info, just in case any Au Ra NPC is spotted living in the new 3.0 lands. That'd be really awesome, as I'd also love to experience the new lands from a native's perspective >A<

RE: Heavensward Jobs, and Au Ra Lore now available - Wymsical - 04-17-2015

I'm only slightly exaggerating. Some of my acquaintances gave me a lot of crap for coming back to FFXIV specifically for Au Ra (and astrologians.) I played a Miqo'te before and even now we've had people saying some very harsh things about the Au Ra females that have implications for anyone who want to play them. I know it can come off as childish sniping but it's a long-time frustration over my entire MMO participation. If you're playing a 'cute' or 'pretty' race, there's always a significant portion of the roleplayer population that's rather dismissive or condescending toward you.

There's plenty of it in this very forum. But I really don't want to be combative. I suppose I'm just a little bitter. I do apologize. 

RE: Heavensward Jobs, and Au Ra Lore now available - Harmonixer - 04-17-2015

Let's be real, the people that aren't going to RP with each other aren't doing it because of something like this. It's a collection of other things.

I've said it dozens of times now, people aren't that bad here. Many people I thought would flat out ignore me didn't. The road goes both ways and I'm not really picking sides eitherway.

So who's going to start the first DRK ls? Or do we think they operate alone? I expect MCH to stick together to some degree.

RE: Heavensward Jobs, and Au Ra Lore now available - Unnamed Mercenary - 04-17-2015

(04-17-2015, 12:53 PM)Clover Wrote: The thing is that all Au Ras are forced to leave their land or not be RPed at all. I just wish there were more possibilities than that single one, that's all.

As for the Xaela lore, I guess I was disappointed because (to me) it was like seeing a nice cake and being told I couldn't try it, haha. I read the post like "do you see these awesome tribal wars in unknown lands full of history? Sorry, you're going to miss them all because you're forced into the single RP route of emigration!"

In any case, emigrating is also fun. But since I want to play two different Au Ras (one from each clan), I'll still pay attention to any new lore info, just in case any Au Ra NPC is spotted living in the new 3.0 lands. That'd be really awesome, as I'd also love to experience the new lands from a native's perspective >A<

How were they "forced"? Couldn't they have simply decided to leave. Nomadic. They travel. There's no lore to break or bend or twist here.

(04-17-2015, 12:53 PM)Wymsical Wrote: I'm only slightly exaggerating. Some of my acquaintances gave me a lot of crap for coming back to FFXIV specifically for Au Ra (and astrologians.) I played a Miqo'te before and even now we've had people saying some very harsh things about the Au Ra females that have implications for anyone who want to play them. I know it can come off as childish sniping but it's a long-time frustration over my entire MMO participation. If you're playing a 'cute' or 'pretty' race, there's always a significant portion of the roleplayer population that's rather dismissive or condescending toward you.

There's plenty of it in this very forum. But I really don't want to be combative. I suppose I'm just a little bitter. I do apologize. 

I feel you. Fuck those people.

RE: Heavensward Jobs, and Au Ra Lore now available - Gegenji - 04-17-2015

(04-17-2015, 12:53 PM)Wymsical Wrote: Some of my acquaintances gave me a lot of crap for coming back to FFXIV specifically for Au Ra (and astrologians.) I played a Miqo'te before and even now we've had people saying some very harsh things about the Au Ra females that have implications for anyone who want to play them.

See, now that's just not cool. Your reasons for wanting to play the game are your own, and it ain't right for folks to give you crap for it (unless you're, like, actively trolling/hindering other players... which you're not). If you want to play an Au Ra, play that Au Ra. Don't worry about what folks are saying about people those that do it. You'll probably not want to play with them even if you weren't running an Au Ra.

RE: Heavensward Jobs, and Au Ra Lore now available - Clover - 04-17-2015

(04-17-2015, 12:57 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: How were they "forced"? Couldn't they have simply decided to leave. Nomadic. They travel. There's no lore to break or bend or twist here.

Sorry, I mean as a player. I am forced to make my Au Ra leave for whatever reason. The reason itself isn't important.