Hydaelyn Role-Players
Jurassic World [Trailer spoilers] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Jurassic World [Trailer spoilers] (/showthread.php?tid=11183)

Pages: 1 2 3

Jurassic World [Trailer spoilers] - Kage - 04-20-2015

HI FRIENDS.

I am so excited for this movie I can't contain myself.

I'd like to meet other people to discuss this upcoming movie and fangirl away at it.

...please.

To quote myself on tumblr
Quote:I have to admit, I absolutely loved JP1 and JP2, and I usually leave JP3 out of my memory. I’m really excited to see Rexxy (Isla Nublar’s 1 T-Rex!) since she’s now a full grown adult. I hope to see Rexxy+Velociraptor Quartet take on this hybrid!

… I also hope they give us news on what happened to original characters from JP1 (Hammond’s Grandkids etc)

I ALSO REALLY LIKE THEIR WEBSITE Ok
http://www.jurassicworld.com/

RE: Jurassic World [Trailer spoilers] - Jurgen Rothmoore - 04-20-2015

Website's damn fancy. New Trailer looks really good. I imagine you'll get your wish of The T-Rex + Raptors going against the new comer Tongue But if they pull a JP3 on that fight sequence... I won't be amused.. Come to think of it.. If they mess this up, I won't forgive them...

RE: Jurassic World [Trailer spoilers] - Aaron - 04-20-2015

JP3 was my favorite.

I was so sick of that T. Rex is the King stereotype (Yes its a stereotype their are several carnivorous dinosaurs larger than T. Rex.)

I thought Spinosaurus looked pretty badass.

Maybe it's just me. Im a paleonerd. 

But the new JP looks noice

RE: Jurassic World [Trailer spoilers] - Kage - 04-20-2015

I am trying to remember what JPIII was like since I really dislike it.

Now, if Jurassic World is a sequel to all three..

It's at least 18 years after The Lost World. I don't remember how many years happened between JPI or JP2 and JPIII but they say World is 22 years after Jurassic Park.

In 18 years they've cleaned up Isla Nublar (original site from JPI) and maybe dealt with Isla Sorna (Site B) from JP II / JP III. What do you think has happened to Site B? Think it'll make an impact? Just focused on Isla Nublar and Jurassic World?

(04-20-2015, 04:46 PM)Kage Wrote: I am trying to remember what JPIII was like since I really dislike it.

Now, if Jurassic World is a sequel to all three..

It's at least 18 years after The Lost World. I don't remember how many years happened between JPI or JP2 and JPIII but they say World is 22 years after Jurassic Park.

In 18 years they've cleaned up Isla Nublar (original site from JPI) and maybe dealt with Isla Sorna (Site B) from JP II / JP III. What do you think has happened to Site B? Think it'll make an impact? Just focused on Isla Nublar and Jurassic World?
Iirc Site B is abandoned because of Hurricane Clarisa. 

It's a safe bet to inquire the new JP won't be there.

Well, we know that Jurassic World takes place on Isla Nublar, the one featured in Jurassic Park (I)... andtheTellTaleGamelols

I was curious about what happened to Site B. When did the Hurricane blast through it? Cause I thought the last shot of Jurassic Park III was of the Pteranodons free to fly wildly. >.>

Edit: Also cause I'm curious if it's possible for dinosaurs from Site B to fuck up Jurassic World. Not just the hybrid.

RE: Jurassic World [Trailer spoilers] - Melkire - 04-20-2015

It Keeps Happening.

Chaos Theory. Malcom Was Right.

I don't remember exactly when, I think I might have got the timeline messed up.

Clarisa either hit before JPIII or after it. It's been a while since I've gone into it. But if it's a sequel they'd have to bring back Spinosaurus because that sucker seemed intent on hunting the people down for no reason other than fun. 

Not to mention if it is on site B there will be no T. Rex, because Spino will just kill it again.

RE: Jurassic World [Trailer spoilers] - Chris Ganale - 04-20-2015

I for one am super-hyped about the Raptor Attack Squad. They're the entire reason I've given Tahz a pet raptor to raise, lol.

I'm concerned though that the raptors will be the ones chosen to job to the big new nasty. Even more concerning is the mention that the Bad Thing was communicating to the other dinosaurs, and the pterosaurs at least seemed to do its bidding.

Yeah it seemed like the big bad... "Indominus Rex" seemed to talk to the Pteranodons and then they just flew off.

I was thinking it was just careful trailer editing.

Raptor Trainer vs Dinosaur Fiend.

How to Train your Dinosaur (2)!

A raptor was also shown attacking a man in the back of a van, so...

Yeah a raptor went for one of the security forces...

But we're not sure if that was one of the ones [Chris Pratt] is associated with.

ALSO, now I'm on this topic.
Show Content

That was more explained in the book. The trike wasn't actively eating the plant, but because it required gizzard stones to aid in its digestion, it was picking them up accidentally when it ate stones.

/facepalm

I haven't read the novel in a -long- time so my familiarity with it is a lot more passing. Makes more sense now~

Ok after a little bit more investigating, it looks like 4 years passed between each movie (so 8 years -> Jurassic Park III).

That means 14 years after Site B had the Pteranodons released we now have Jurassic World. @_@

Also, I watched Let's Plays of the Jurassic Park: The Game (TellTale) and I doubt it's in any of the canon whatsoever... but I really wished that the mosasaur in Jurassic World could have been the tylosaur from the game. Instead we get a Mosasaurus.

RE: Jurassic World [Trailer spoilers] - Cliodhna Eoghan - 04-21-2015

man i loved those movies when i was a kid. i'll have to go back and watch them at some point but i'm super excited to see the new one too. >u<

[Image: bbab7a28c2ba230b5d485ea9c12c8b7b.jpg]
that scene in the kitchen was so scary when i was a kid xD