Hydaelyn Role-Players
Good in the shadows (Semi-closed, OOC welcome) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Good in the shadows (Semi-closed, OOC welcome) (/showthread.php?tid=11229)

Good in the shadows (Semi-closed, OOC welcome) - Star Lin - 04-23-2015

Quiet footsteps move down the hall, heading for a rough wooden door, only to pause at the sound of voices.  The tall figure slip back into the darkness of the shadows, listening in.

"Please Sam.  You have to do this for me." The voice was young and male.  He sound like he was at the straw that broke the aldgoat's back.  "Once I'm in Gridania, she'll use it to make them stop me from...."

"And this is so wrong on so many levels that if Tanya was still alive, she would kill me, revive me, just so she could kill me again."  There was a faint sigh.  "Are you sure this is the only way.  You could just go to your friends about this."

"No, no." the other said.  "I don't want them to worry.  It's my own fault for pushing the matter.

"Then why come to me...no, don't you dare pull back into yourself."  Another sigh.  "I'll do this but know that I don't like it and Tanya would hate this as well."  The sound of papers shuffling could be hear.  "I still can't believe she hit you."  The sound of a door opening and two set of footsteps coming out of the room.  "Take this up front...John?"

"I...I think someone's here."

The dark hair hyur turn his eyes to the hallway even as Tanya's little brother held out one hand, sensing the aether around them.  He couldn't help but feel just a little bit happy that John trusted him enough to actually do this in front of him.  As much as he wanted to protect him from the world, he knew that he couldn't, and wouldn't do that.  Footsteps began to come from a side hall and a large female figure step out.  "Kestlona..."

"Sorry, Captain...Ah know 'm early," the green hair seawolf said.  Her eyes took in the hyur and the miqo'te next to him.

"No, it fine." Sam said.  He turn back to John, noting the frown on the other's face.  He would have to check with the boy late if Kestlona was the one that he sense.  "Take the paper up front and turn it in.  And you better hope that your dad can keep your mom from beating my head in when she finds out."

"I...I'll do it right now, Sir Sam..."  Sam watch the kid run off before turn to the seawolf before him.

"'ute kid...new member?"

"Wouldn't call him cute.  He....well, if thing had been different, would have been my Brother-in-law."  Shaking his head, he then look seriously at Kestlona.  "I just wanted to say that as of today, your files now belong to Captain Mynhier.  So now you're his 'problem'."

Kestlona frown, "ah know ah 'ana be dumb but ah didn't 'ink ah was problem."  Then a smile spread across her face.  "But to bea part of a 'rist respond unit."

Sam shook his head.  "Yeah, you'll get to help out in emergency.  First in...last out."  He snap off a Flame salute.  "So as of right now, you're official dismissed from my command.  And I still have paper work to do."  He watch her snap off her own salute, turning sharply and heading back down the hall that she had come up from.

A bell later, Sam step out of his office, moving down the hall.  He stop briefly to glance down the side hall that Kestlona had disappear down.  He move on down the hall meeting up with his unit.

A few minutes later, a shadow pull away from the wall, moving toward door.  The figure up, removing something from their hair and then use the object to pick the door lock, then open it and step into the office.  Once the door was shut, quiet movement could be heard in the room.  The faint sound of something being pull open and a few seconds later a quiet curse was hear.

Two bells later, Sam step back into his office.  He pause for a moment, noticing the misplace candle sitting on his desk.  The handle was turn from where he had left it.  Eyes narrowing, he made his way over to his desk opening the drawer that held his unit's personal files.  He quickly scan over files, seeing the small scarp of paper on it side, at the spot where a certain file was no longer there.  Ever since he was told what they had found in her inn room, he had set this up in case she came look for her files or if someone else came.

Once he was sure that nothing else had been touch, he took a piece of paper and quill.  He sat down, writing out the letter to Erik.  Once he had finish, he folded it and the wax seal it.  Once that was done, he pearl one of his units runners.  "Deliver this to the Red Wings Commander, Erik Mynhier and no one else."  The Miqo'te nods and takes off, the corespondents was this on the inside.

Captain Eirikir Mynhier,

I'm Captain Samuel Robinton, Kestlona Guhtgeiswyn's CO until a few weeks ago.  I wish to inform you that someone has been through the files in my office.  I do not know why she would be search for her profile, unless she suspects that she has been made, or someone is after her for her skills.  Though she has not done anything to endanger Ul'dah, it would be best to keep a eye on her.

My personal belief is that someone spent a lot of time on grooming her with these skills.  For what purpose they train her, I do not know, and until today, I thought she meant no harm to our city and it's people.  I can only hope that whatever made her do this, if it was her, is in fact harmless.

Regards,
Captain Samuel Robinton