Hydaelyn Role-Players
Au Ra Character Creation Screens discussion! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Au Ra Character Creation Screens discussion! (/showthread.php?tid=11291)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Fox - 04-26-2015

Quote:Meena:
Sadly Dx11 doesnt improve textures on models. Only lighting and background details.

Oh really? Aww :< I'm sad. 
But it should still be better than a cam image of a screen.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Naunet - 04-26-2015

(04-26-2015, 09:39 PM)Foxberry Wrote:
(04-26-2015, 09:35 PM)Max Wrote: I actually like what I'm seeing, although I'll probably never make one.

One thing that's bothering me is the texture of the scales. It's all.. low quality blurry looking. I hope they look less cruddy come Heavensward.

I think they'll look a lot better. They're currently using a Surface Pro for the benchmark images there. And with it being DirectX11 I think we'll see more details.

FFXIV doesn't have hi-resolution textures, which is probably what you're seeing. Boy do I wish it did. The game looks fine from a distance, but it's very obvious up close. >_<

Honestly, the horribleness of the scales/armor and the extremely limited customization (pretty much expected but still) are my biggest beefs with the Au Ra. I could actually be okay with them if their horns weren't tied to face types, if they had more than four horn options, if the scales/armor were better blended to their skin at the edges so they looked like a part of their body instead of poorly done cosplay...

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Fox - 04-26-2015

It's still a lot better than many other MMOs I have played. I personally play everything on Ultra but that's also just me. Would I like more, high detailed stuff? Yeah, but I still think the game itself, including the characters and armor are beautiful.

I think the biggest concern is that the horns clip/paste on the hair, so I'll have to find a style that will work better for mine when I make her. Though I do like the race from what I've seen.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Meena - 04-26-2015

(04-26-2015, 10:18 PM)Foxberry Wrote: It's still a lot better than many other MMOs I have played. I personally play everything on Ultra but that's also just me. Would I like more, high detailed stuff? Yeah, but I still think the game itself, including the characters and armor are beautiful.

I think the biggest concern is that the horns clip/paste on the hair, so I'll have to find a style that will work better for mine when I make her. Though I do like the race from what I've seen.
Sadly PS3 support eliminates that. Until PS3 support is gone, we wont be getting any re-textures.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Cailean Lockwood - 04-26-2015

Could be worse... Could be World of Warcraft textures.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Harmonixer - 04-26-2015

As someone who's still looking forward to the race being playable... that hair is straight up fuckin' stupid looking and really out of place.

Can't wait for it to be the most original punch line EVER.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Seriphyn - 04-26-2015

(04-26-2015, 10:35 PM)Harmonixer Wrote: As someone who's still looking forward to the race being playable... that hair is straight up fuckin' stupid looking and really out of place.

Right, I hope that both Au Ra supporters and detractors can come together and agree the male Au Ra hair is actual shit.

(04-26-2015, 10:37 PM)Seriphyn Wrote:
(04-26-2015, 10:35 PM)Harmonixer Wrote: As someone who's still looking forward to the race being playable... that hair is straight up fuckin' stupid looking and really out of place.

Right, I hope that both Au Ra supporters and detractors can come together and agree the male Au Ra hair is actual shit.

I like it, so no. As I've said earlier, it's cool to see a race appealing to shonen anime.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Naunet - 04-26-2015

(04-26-2015, 10:27 PM)theincubuslord Wrote: Could be worse... Could be World of Warcraft textures.

You'd have an argument there if WoW still had its Vanilla-through-BC textures. It's had high resolution armor designs for a long while now, though.

Oh definitely. The male hair is ridiculous, and not in any good way. xD

(04-26-2015, 10:41 PM)Naunet Wrote:
(04-26-2015, 10:27 PM)theincubuslord Wrote: Could be worse... Could be World of Warcraft textures.

You'd have an argument there if WoW still had its Vanilla-through-BC textures. It's had high resolution armor designs for a long while now, though.

Oh definitely. The male hair is ridiculous, and not in any good way. xD

I still think FFXIV looks better.
And still disagree on the Au Ra hairstyles. ^^
But as said, can't please them all.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Harmonixer - 04-26-2015

We have plenty of protagonist hair already. I don't think all of the Au Ra hair is bad, but that one in particular is what I consider to be the worst offender. It's just... too much somehow.

Which is odd, because a lot of other things are really understated in this game. I get what they are going for, and it's a business after all. It is what it is, I won't lose any sleep over it at the end of the day. Definitely not going to stand around and argue about it, that's for sure.

Tomorrow I'll be able to mess with the CC. So I'm quite happy with that at least!

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Sophia_Grave - 04-26-2015

Nothing wrong with Shonen, but a whole race dedicated to it is just an odd decision, when they could have just as easily add anime inspired options to the current races and Au Ra in addition to more toned down (for male) and stronger/aggressive (for female) option. Sure, they're targeting a popular demographic, but they're also blatantly ignoring others, and that doesn't fly in an MMO lauded for accessibility and fun for raiders and casual players. If you happen to like reptilian/demon inspired aesthetics and aren't a fan of shonen? Tough.

(04-26-2015, 10:50 PM)Harmonixer Wrote: Tomorrow I'll be able to mess with the CC. So I'm quite happy with that at least!

The Au Ra are available tomorrow? I honestly don't know.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Qhora Bajihri - 04-26-2015

(04-26-2015, 10:56 PM)theincubuslord Wrote:
(04-26-2015, 10:50 PM)Harmonixer Wrote: Tomorrow I'll be able to mess with the CC. So I'm quite happy with that at least!

The Au Ra are available tomorrow?

The benchmark program is supposed to be launched tomorrow. Within it will be character creation for Au Ra, just as there was character creation for the benchmark before ARR was launched initially back in the day. If it works as before, you should be able to create a character and save it as a profile that you'll be able to use in the actual game when Heavensward actually launches.

Apparently the naming rules aren't gonna be in it, though? Sad.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Meena - 04-26-2015

(04-26-2015, 10:56 PM)theincubuslord Wrote:

The Au Ra are available tomorrow? I honestly don't know.
The character creator is released in the benchmark in a few hours.

(5 hours from now)

And the character naming conventiosn are to be released May-ish the said.