Hydaelyn Role-Players
Au Ra Character Creation Screens discussion! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Au Ra Character Creation Screens discussion! (/showthread.php?tid=11291)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Nero - 04-26-2015

(04-26-2015, 02:13 AM)Zyrusticae Wrote:
(04-26-2015, 01:31 AM)Kou Wrote:
(04-26-2015, 01:30 AM)Zyrusticae Wrote:
(04-26-2015, 01:28 AM)Kou Wrote: Dude, doesn't that mean the men break their women during sex?
Ohmygod.
We've discussed this before. Genital size is NOT proportional to body size. Remember the gorilla 2-inch penis...
I'm not even talking about genital size. D:

Just the body mass, man.

That gorilla thing makes me chuckle every time... 
How do you think two humans of large weight discrepancies get it on IRL?

Carefully, I imagine.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Flickering Ember - 04-26-2015

(04-26-2015, 12:49 AM)Meena Wrote: ....am I the only one disturbed that the MAX HEIGHT for females is only 5'2? Like.. 5'2? Thats the average height for a 14 year old in my country.

Is this for real? Miqo'te females are even taller than that! I thought they were going to at least be hyur sized.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Wymsical - 04-26-2015

(04-26-2015, 03:58 AM)Flickering Ember Wrote: Is this for real? Miqo'te females are even taller than that! I thought they were going to at least be hyur sized.

The site added a few new screens that included height sliders. People made some calculations from the centimeters shown. Though I'm not certain if they'll actually be shorter than Miqo'te in-game since that's only a scant inch or two of difference.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Zac Evans - 04-26-2015

(04-26-2015, 01:29 AM)Nero Wrote: The males have some serious anime hair syndrome going on. That's not unexpected in the slightest of course, but it still makes me laugh.

[Image: a4581161-s.jpg]

Dude must spend five hours a day just soaking his head in roofing sealant or polymer cement, I swear.

Somewhat unrelated, but I don't see enough female characters wearing the dreadlocks hairstyle. I almost like it as much as the ponytail.
Dis mutha fucka right here ready to take on Freiza.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Adolar - 04-26-2015

Even though I was thinking of making an Au Ra alt, it wasn't really my biggest interest in the Heavensward expansion, to be honest. This does look interesting though and you can bet I'll be wasting hours in the character creation benchmark when it comes out.

Not sure how I feel about the screens but the males do have some sort of anime thing going on, which is kind of funny to look at for some reason.

Anywho, I'll leave you all back to your genital talk. Cactuar

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Kismet - 04-26-2015

(04-26-2015, 03:58 AM)Flickering Ember Wrote:
(04-26-2015, 12:49 AM)Meena Wrote: ....am I the only one disturbed that the MAX HEIGHT for females is only 5'2? Like.. 5'2? Thats the average height for a 14 year old in my country.

Is this for real? Miqo'te females are even taller than that! I thought they were going to at least be hyur sized.

Max height for Miqo'te females is around 5'3"~5'3.8". A difference of approximately one to two inches isn't that big of a deal.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Blythe - 04-26-2015

I'm slightly peeved over the height, now that one of the screens shows it for the females (since I prefer slightly taller characters), but it's nothing I can't work with. It's not like it's going to change any character concept I have for it. 

Plus side on height: now I won't feel like a giant with Miqo'tes (despite being a Midlander). : P

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Cato - 04-26-2015

At this point I'm more interested in the idea of seeing additional character customisation options added for the original races. I do hope we see more variety as the game moves forward and not just in terms of new hairstyles either.

(04-26-2015, 12:22 PM)Kismet Wrote:

Max height for Miqo'te females is around 5'3"~5'3.8". A difference of approximately one to two inches isn't that big of a deal.

It might not matter for you but it matters to me. 5'2 at the tallest is pretty short. Miqo'te I already considered shorter than what I'd be willing to roll. So the knowledge they are even shorter than them is definitely a deal breaker for me. That is basically what I was getting at.

I'm frustrated because I keep trying to hold onto the idea of being optimistic that there will be something I like about the Au Ra. I definitely love the scales, horns, and reptilian themes. All that would be great if the Au Ra ladies looked like women and not like children. 

I know that female roegadyn and highlanders aren't popular. I guess I was just hoping for a traditionally feminine lady (since that is what everyone wants) who actually looks like a woman. It's not that being 5'2" makes someone childlike. I personally am 5'2" irl. It's the sexual dimorphism combined with their obviously moe looks that make them child like. 

It's not for me even though I wanted it to be. The very idea of Au Ra is super cool and really jives with me. The max height being 5'2" is just the final nail in the coffin since I guess I was holding out for more customization choices like SE promised? ("highly customizable" quote)

I will eagerly await the next race then, hoping they will try something different next time. And enjoy Au Ra through the hard work of other roleplayers.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - ArmachiA - 04-26-2015

Can we please stop saying the Au Ra women look like children because they're short? Yall...

My sister is 5 Foot. My mom is 5'1". My best friend is 5'2". They are all over 30 and they do not look like children.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Zyrusticae - 04-26-2015

No one said they look like children because they're short.

The comment that started off this thread of conversation merely compared the height to teenagers (not children) in their own country, and noted that because it was the MAXIMUM height, which they found striking. Words could definitely have been chosen better, but it was not to imply that they look like children.

On the other hand, Ember has a point - the extremely high levels of neoteny found in the females of the Au Ra DO make them look more childlike, and it is that in combination with the height that makes them look extremely young. I personally find this to be irritating because we already have a race that fills that particular niche (Miqo'te) and I still don't really see what niche the Au Ra fill that was not already filled. Well, the guys at least are more distinct... which only makes the failure of the females to be more interesting all the more conspicuous.

Unless I find something amazing through the character creation, it seems I will not stop being critical of the Au Ra and Squeenix's designs any time soon.

They don't look like children. Like, at all. They don't even resemble children. You may have a case for them looking like they are in their early 20's, and if you want to make an older Au Ra you'd be shit out of luck (Miqo'te are the same way) but they don't look like children. It's an extreme argument to make a point. Trying to say super feminine features look like children isn't going anywhere.

Are you sad about super feminine features (Or what's considered stereotypically feminine)? Cool. That's fine. That doesn't make them look like kids.

(04-26-2015, 03:50 PM)ArmachiA Wrote: Can we please stop saying the Au Ra women look like children because they're short? Yall...

My sister is 5 Foot. My mom is 5'1". My best friend is 5'2". They are all over 30 and they do not look like children.

Hey Arma, I think you may have misread my post. I suppose that is understandable since it was longish. However, if you go back and reread it you will find that I mentioned that I too am a short woman of 5'2". I simply was trying to clarify that I find them to appear childish due to their moe looks (eyes, facial expression, animations, etc.) in combination with the large height difference between the men of their race. 

That's not new information, certainly, but the exact range on the height slider is. I was hoping to close the gap a little bit.

(04-26-2015, 03:25 PM)Flickering Ember Wrote:
(04-26-2015, 12:22 PM)Kismet Wrote:

It might not matter for you but it matters to me. 5'2 at the tallest is pretty short. Miqo'te I already considered shorter than what I'd be willing to roll. So the knowledge they are even shorter than them is definitely a deal breaker for me. That is basically what I was getting at.

I'm frustrated because I keep trying to hold onto the idea of being optimistic that there will be something I like about the Au Ra. I definitely love the scales, horns, and reptilian themes. All that would be great if the Au Ra ladies looked like women and not like children. 

This two things together made it sound like you were saying it was the height, if you weren't I apologize.

RE: Au Ra Character Creation Screens! - Ritual - 04-26-2015

A child in England is legally defined as someone under the age of 18, however our age of consent is 16 and even further below that it says that anyone under the age of 13 cannot under any circumstances legally give consent, so for arguments sake I'll stick to 13 and below being the definition for a child or a childlike appearance should resemble that age range. 

[Image: DqS3rrG.png]

Meh, all this talk of it being 'disturbing', not necessarily in this thread or these forums but I've seen it thrown around awhile now, that the males are big and the females are smaller is something I really don't get, I don't get the idea they look childlike in any way either innocent yes I'll say that but childlike?

They just look rather feminine, I like how the Au Ra are actually looking, though I won't go full SUPER SAIYAN like I've seen some of the males do, nor will I do any excessive customization but I do like how they are looking. Wish I could play around with the benchmark but I highly doubt my PC could run it and there's nothing for the PS4 that I know of but I can wait.