Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Great Hunt - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: The Great Hunt (/showthread.php?tid=1130)

Pages: 1 2

The Great Hunt - Merri - 01-28-2012

A flyer is posted throughout the major Adventurer's Guilds in each city, calling to any and all Adventurers.
[Image: y6fwE.jpg]
Another sheet of paper is tacked underneath it, with a few odd names scribbled on a list of those hoping to attend the Great Hunt.

Translation:
Show Content

OOC Information:

Show Content

Re: The Great Hunt - Gospel Gestalt - 01-28-2012

(( I should be able to attend this. ))

Re: The Great Hunt - Dante Abigor - 01-28-2012

I can attend this.

Re: The Great Hunt - Smiling River - 01-29-2012

(Sounds fun)

Re: The Great Hunt - Forra - 01-29-2012

(( Barring any unexpected appointments, I think I'll be attending. I'll decide whether I ought send Taemi or Forra closer to the time, if that's alright (although one being an r48 Lancer and the other an r19 Gladiator, I suspect Forra might be more likely). ))

Re: The Great Hunt - Aysun - 02-02-2012

[I'll be there! Very excited for this.. Plus I can finally get the pearl IC.]

Re: The Great Hunt - Miyu Asuka - 02-02-2012

*Rips off a piece of paper from some random parchment she had in her bag and writes with very crude letters her name on it. She then pins it on the board, just underneath the poster*

Re: The Great Hunt - Kinara - 02-02-2012

(I would like to attend, but I'm fairly new to the game [only r26] and RPing. Hopefully that'll be okay Smile )

Re: The Great Hunt - Merri - 02-02-2012

(Don't worry about it, Kinara! ^^ All levels are welcome. In fact, I encourage that you come - some of the rare equipment dropped by the monsters we'll be hunting is right in your level range. Lower level players will benefit more from that, with the higher level players benefiting more from the L50 HNM we'll be fighting at the end. Little something for everyone outside of the RP.)

Re: The Great Hunt - Kadika - 02-02-2012

i'm down for it.

Tessa Jalloh ingame.

Re: The Great Hunt - Tekko - 02-02-2012

minimal experience here, but would like to join in any/all <fun> + <excitement> Saturday starting 6:30pm CST at Anchor Yards LL Big Grin

me = either CNJ 50 or FSH 22 (depending on what's useful/needed)

Tekko

Re: The Great Hunt - Mho - 02-03-2012

I'd be interested! 50 ARC, LNC, and CNJ but if given a choice, ICly Mho'd probably prefer ARC. OOCly I'm of course happy to do whatever's needed ^0^

Re: The Great Hunt - Merri - 02-03-2012

(( Just an update since the event is tommorow. By the looks of things, I'm guessing we'll have anywhere between 15~25 people attending, give or take a few.

So, here's just a brief overview of how things will go down OOCly.

Gathering will start at 6:30pm CST. Depending on numbers, we'll be split off into three or four groups. I'll need a volunteer to lead each group OOCly and ICly. That person will be required to have an additional linkpearl for OOC use during the length of the event, so they must have one free slot. I would also ask that the person in question have knowledge about the NM camps, and will be able to lead their party to them.

The event linkpearl will be used to make sure transition between camps (if required) goes as smoothly as possible and groups don't shift over into another group. Groups themselves will be assigned randomly to promote more interaction between the community, as that is a big part of this event. It won't kill you to break out of your circle for a little bit! Don't worry though, you'll be able to meet back up with your friends for the second half of the event and the after party.

If you have a class around 20-30, I would recommend using that for the first half of the event. Your highest level characters will be suggested for the Great Buffalo hunt. Any loot from the first half of the event should be distributed fairly amongst whomever needs it. Use of the /roll function is encouraged.

We'll kill the Great Buffalo a few times, depending on the time. Loot from the Great Buffalo will be handled by a single roll. Anyone caught rolling twice will immediately be disqualified from obtaining anything. No exceptions. If people decide to grief and spam rolls in order to mess with those keeping track, a back up plan is on the shelf. I don't believe it will come to that, though.

The gathering after the hunt will now take place back at the Anchor Yards were we will have gathered, as the Drowning Wench might get a bit crowded.

If anyone has any questions, or would like to volunteer ahead of time, feel free to contact me in-game or send me a private message here on the forums. ))

Re: The Great Hunt - Kylin - 02-03-2012

Gonna post a quick favor here for you guys...

If able, please take some really good screenshots and send them to me via PM or email. The banner for the new site is almost complete and it will rotate between approximately 15 different banner images. I'm trying to get images representing different things to do in game. I do not yet have anything related to NMs in this collage.

Please just make sure any images sent have names toggled off and aren't too blurry or anything. Thanks and hope everyone has a blast! (I'll be at work -.- )

Re: The Great Hunt - Galvadan - 02-04-2012

If all goes well i should be able to attend