Hydaelyn Role-Players
Because our IC pets need love too... - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Artisan House (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Because our IC pets need love too... (/showthread.php?tid=11310)

Pages: 1 2 3

Because our IC pets need love too... - Zaheela - 04-26-2015

Inspired by This awesome event (THE GREAT EORZEAN PET PARADE) (go visit it and lets make it awesome people) I came to realize something. While we have great, awesome resources for our characters, our beloved pets? ....Not so much.

Sooooo, here's the deal. If you character has an IC pet mentioned in their Wiki, tell me about it. Give me details on how they differ from the minion model (bows, collars, scars, things they do) and when I need a break from drawing the two legged, half nekkid sort, I'll give them a proper Wiki article portrait. Let me help you get a resource for making the RP community here a better place (because there has been too much drama, not enough fluffy love). Dolls and Magitek bits count too, even non-in game companions that are "running around in your house" so long as you can give me a good enough description.

(example? here)
[Image: NNya61j.png]
Siha Xinkei's carbuncle
There are some ground rules...
  1. They MUST be established. Do not simply decide that you want a pet for art. I will be checking (besides, i like reading rpc wikis)
  2. One pet per person, sorry, but... I will refresh the entries if you have more then one, but there are only so many ways to make a fat cat look unique at a time!)
  3. These are done in my spare time between other projects, so I cannot give you a set time line of when they will appear. They may appear enmass, or they may take a week.
  4. While they are for your pet, please be aware that not everyone will respect it was done for you or even give proper credit for the sources (that is a whole nother can of worm, giving credit of artists, that i will NOT go into - try to make it an issue, and... well... No, please don't) but please be aware of this
  5. As always, I reserve the right to refuse to draw something. Most people know I usually don't turn people down, but I am human. If there's RL reasons, I'd rather not give you an inferior quality drawing.

RE: Because our IC pets need love too... - Aaron - 04-26-2015

Well I haven't updated my wiki because lazy, but I've already rped Aaron having a wolf pup ages ago. Its his sort of therapeutic pet to help him sometimes with his depression he seems to get frequently.

Its about a year old now actually, probably reaching up to Aarons knee in height. 

Other than the size difference from the minion, it actually just looks like one of the wolves you see in outer LA noscea.

RE: Because our IC pets need love too... - Erik Mynhier - 04-26-2015

Omg me please! Montblanc needs love!

[Image: WNc8DMtOhWHHNLMrGWwVbv6yF2bnCQmVQMeOfAoO...04-h432-no]

He has been a constant companion for Erik ic for almost 20 years and ooc since my first day in the game. Not so much a pet as he is a mammet and is rped as as smart as a person. Due to his origin he cannot "talk" like other mammets, instead he squeeks and whisles like Helper from Venture Bros, which is only really understood by Erik, Tellah, and Steiner.

As for differences from the basic form there arent really any. He can change his own casing to the Flames mammet type when doing his work for Erik as his personal aid.

Montblanc is a loyal, hard working little paper pusher. Happiest alone at night in Erik's office filing and copying documents, so small he does the work standing on Erik's desk. He has the courage and emotional fortitude of a squirrel. Often running through Sable Hall screeching "Helper style" trying to escape the terrifying but well meaning attention of his "brother" Steiner.

RE: Because our IC pets need love too... - Cliodhna Eoghan - 04-26-2015

ooom,mg if you'll indulge erik by doing his, i'll have to post for steiner..but that's something i'll have to do once i get home....explaining that much glory and greatness requires a full keyboard

okay so steiner isn't in my wiki yet but i've had him ic since the middle of december (round about) his first appearance in the forums was here (yes....i dug through the pages to find that since my post history is wayyyy too long for that nonsense. >.>)

as far as ic alterations....i'd just say he's painted black withe the red and silver parts being a more shiny silver....like the silver dye in game
[Image: Cliodhna%20Eoghan%2004_05_2015%2001_38_1...xrqvjp.jpg]
(like the big one but with the minion key on the back. i got more pics if you need them o3o )
also given the trauma he causes montblanc on a daily basis (HAND SLAVE! COME HERE AT ONCE AND TURN THIS PAGE FOR ME, THOUGH I AM OF A SUPERIOR FORM AND BEING, I AM INTRIGUED BY THESE RELIGIOUS TEXTS MISTRESSES' CAPTAIN-LOVER HAS GIVEN ME! AND THOUGH YOU ARE OF A LOWER STANDING, I HAVE FOUND A USE FOR YOU IN THE FORM OF GETTING THINGS FOR ME!DO NOT DALLY OR I SHALL FIND MORE WORK FOR YOU TO DO!) though he does view him as a weaker being that needs protection. (wow was tired when i wrote that....meant to end it with "you can draw them together if you wish." xD)

so basically a mammet fused with a model vanguard that's trigger happy with a enormous ego (that kurt likes to feed >.>) and god complex.

RE: Because our IC pets need love too... - Flashhelix - 04-26-2015

Meow.
(And his owner, where he's mentioned.)

Bulwark, the fattest cattest, has been at Oskwell's side for a couple months now. The girtheous feline was found hanging around a few coeurls, attempting to feed off what little was left on the carcasses they fed on. Naturally, for a true fat cat, this was not nearly enough to sate his hunger, so when some big two-legged animal comes along dangling a freshly-slaughtered marmot, he didn't hesitate to call the man his brand new pack leader.

The cat's got an appetite somewhere between vacuum and black hole. He's been known to clean out entire pantries in minutes, and eat many times his weight in dead marmots. Being a cat, he doesn't really discriminate. He tries to eat Oskwell constantly, and isn't afraid to try and snack on any prying fingers that try petting him. Normally this would amount to a horrible pet, but Bulwark's so round and out-of-shape that this just amounts to a cute nibbling on any nearby digits.

RE: Because our IC pets need love too... - S'khai Nunh - 04-26-2015

I HAVEN'T GOTTEN THAT FAR IN HIS RPC BUT

S'khai actually has a Goobbue Bro that he rides around on. He and a sproutling ended up hunkering down during the Calamity under a rock, and they kind of... bonded, so to speak. Khai tossed him his scraps, and the little (back then) guy ended up following him around because hey, if you won't eat those marmot entrails, I will.

S'khai's allergies to chocobos mean he can't use the Eorzean standard of a chocobo for a mount, so he just rides around on 'S'jaffa's head. 

And yeah, he's given his Goobbue his tribal designation.

But srsly. If you see me on my choco, I'm out of character. I've been debating having Khai 'acquire' a chocobo chick purely for the hilarity of his d'awing and sneezing simultaneously, but... it hasn't happened and might never.

RE: Because our IC pets need love too... - Titor - 04-26-2015

Titor juuuustttttt got/(made?) a pet carby, like last night. But it is not on his wiki haha. Perhaps when it is more established, though it is something I had been planning for a while to do anyway, but he is making it for someone else and is planning to give it away to protect them. It is a bit unique though.

This is a great idea though Big Grin You are a very wonderful and generous artist and person.

RE: Because our IC pets need love too... - Reshie - 04-26-2015

I can vouch for Aaron's wolf pup. I wish I had been able to RP out Eresh's new war horse but haven't yet. I shall wait until that time and then post here for your awesome arts!

RE: Because our IC pets need love too... - Zaheela - 04-26-2015

Hmmmm, Perhaps my wording was too harsh. I Put it that way because I want to avoid people requesting art just because they can. Kind of how like you should never get a bunny because it's Easter.
  • If you already have a wiki, great! Then you should have no issues.
  • If your RPC Wiki lacks it, but you do have him as part of your character, go ahead, ask for a picture! (then maybe go and ask somewhere ask for Wiki code to add it on later on? The rpc wiki is a great resource for your fellow players if you work on it) if your really worried, CHECK with me. I'm usually free and willing to talk.
  • If you need a pet drawn because it will be used at some time soon for IC reasons, because it will enhance your RP, then you may request it.
  • If you have a plot that you need a unique pet drawn, then please go right ahead and PM me so it doesn't ruin the surprise.
  • Have a Unique mount? Sure! Just... I need to know what makes it unique... >_>;
  • If you want me to draw you riding Midgar while wearing arseless chaps.... uhm..... Lemme think about that.

I want to add to the RP experience of the game, because we're a community of people. I see this as a resource for all of us to help enjoy our rp, but like all resources, no one like a hog, especially someone playing Keep-the-kitty-away because they draw well.

RE: Because our IC pets need love too... - Edgar - 04-26-2015

Umm...*Twiddles thumbs*

...I'd like to request...

Edgar possesses an animate doll in the shape of a Lalafell.

The doll, which was given to him by his adoptive mother Fyora when he was a year and a half, later named "Shan-Shan" (he was barely forming words at the time) and is clad in a dress of pink-coloured Arachne (the full set of casting version).

Shan-Shan functions using an internal aethereal mechanism engraved with arcane glyphs and a key-based ignition. The key itself looks no more unusual than a wind-up key used for most music-boxes. Her "brain", as it were, operates using the same Topaz and Emerald Edgar used to use in the summoning of his Carbuncle, and her personality is a lot like that of a child. 

She was essentially "on display" when Edgar showed up for the Mystic Runestone mage fight. :3

RE: Because our IC pets need love too... - ChewableMorphine - 04-26-2015

Oh my god can you please draw Flynt's Ahriman Mr Sticky

That or his Magitek bit, your call fam

[Image: MshRIqR.jpg]

RE: Because our IC pets need love too... - Mikh'a - 04-27-2015

Awe bummer. ;~; Mikh'a doesn't have any pets because he thinks they're evil but Siha has a Tapir that likes to bite his tail all the time. Or his ears if he's laying down. ( Mikh'a calls him Bacon because he's the devil. )

Love love love the picture of Siha's carbuncle.

RE: Because our IC pets need love too... - Gegenji - 04-27-2015

I am always up for more pictures of Gran being an egotistical little porker.

As for how he looks different from other baby behemoths? Well, if he could talk, he'd go on about how his horns are much sharper and more elegant; and how much more fabulous his mane is (which might be true, he grooms it a lot). To everyone else? He's a bit pudgier than most others due to the rampant snacking and "good boy" rewards from Chachan.

Of course, he's still quite fit from the daily runs Chachan takes him on, so maybe "stocky" is a better word...

RE: Because our IC pets need love too... - Zaheela - 04-27-2015

Aaron's wolf
[Image: Asevqcp.png]

Montblanc
[Image: h4THDX8.png]

Bulwark
[Image: xm3jC83.png]

(04-27-2015, 12:06 AM)Mikha Wrote: Awe bummer. ;~; Mikh'a doesn't have any pets because he thinks they're evil but Siha has a Tapir that likes to bite his tail all the time. Or his ears if he's laying down. ( Mikh'a calls him Bacon because he's the devil. )

Love love love the picture of Siha's carbuncle.

While that is cute and does show a personality, I'm afriad I cannot draw him if Siha herself doesn't request it.

RE: Because our IC pets need love too... - Aya - 04-27-2015

Sooooo cute Rhea!!!