Hydaelyn Role-Players
Post Your Au Ra and Concept! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Post Your Au Ra and Concept! (/showthread.php?tid=11327)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Post Your Au Ra and Concept! - Kasumi Gakunin - 04-27-2015

Still playing around but I think I've settled on my Doman Au Ra.
[Image: tumblr_nngiz1zILE1u2z0tgo1_1280.png]
[Image: tumblr_nngiz1zILE1u2z0tgo2_1280.png]

RE: Post Your Au Ra and Concept! - Aaron - 04-27-2015

[Image: rzbfBDv.png]

Ashren I love itEasily a favorite. l

RE: Post Your Au Ra and Concept! - Blue - 04-27-2015

Though this isn't exactly a feedback thread, I thought I'd share some of my thoughts after playing around with the CC.

Overall rate: 6.9/10

My major peeve is that the difference between the two clans are pretty abysmal, so I will split my list of opinions on gender rather than on clan…

General:
- I am HIGHLY disappointed that faces and horns are tied together, with only four options at that, and absolutely no sliders whatsoever for horns.
- I think scales should have been given a colour pallette, even a small one, with dark shades for the Xaela and light shades for the Raen.
- I like that tails have different shapes, but I am horribly disappointed that we cannot change their colour.
- Some hairstyles seem to give extra horns. It's something that bugs me because we can change hairstyle in-game. How are we going to explain the appearance/disappearance of new horns on our heads?
- The limbal rings are very interesting. Happy they don't have odd-colouring. Four-color eyes would've been too much.
- The "special features" (renamed 'scales' for Au Ra, even though it includes eyeliners…) category is again dependant on what face you select. It's something I was never fond of even with the previous races.
- I really like their emotes. They are a lot more tranquil and serious, something we really needed after the overly vivacious spree most of races (I think, except Elezen) displayed in 2.0. Great fodder for serious/gloomy characters.

Females:
- Love the shortness.
- Their dance emote is very sweet and elegant, it reflects them awesomely.
- Their voices are mostly atrocious. They can't laugh, and their /no's are too vocal. Their /angry is scary <_< some make me think of harpies.
- Their hairstyles are elaborated and interesting, though they all seem quite "fancy" and not quite how I'd do my hair for everyday activity.

Males:
- Their hairstyles are all freaking amazing. Perhaps too amazing, to the point the older hairstyles all look kind of "meh" on them, wasted.
- Their voices are all very awesome.
- Their dance….. what is that….?
- Their idle stance is awful.
- Their tails are a bit shorter in comparison to female's proportions. Myeh.

RE: Post Your Au Ra and Concept! - Fox - 04-27-2015

(04-27-2015, 04:57 AM)Blue Wrote: -Their /angry is scary <_< some make me think of harpies.

Haha they are supposed to have a demon motif! ;D 
But overall I agree with your review here. It's very fair and written nicely.

RE: Post Your Au Ra and Concept! - Spethah - 04-27-2015

BTW Yoshi did say that the benchmark will NOT have everything that will be in the final version.

So don't go around giving your vote on the looks quite yet, since there may be stuff still missing.

BING BONG SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT OVER.

RE: Post Your Au Ra and Concept! - Fox - 04-27-2015

(04-27-2015, 05:06 AM)Septha Wrote: BTW Yoshi did say that the benchmark will NOT have everything that will be in the final version.

So don't go around giving your vote on the looks quite yet, since there may be stuff still missing.

I heard that was changed either during the most recent Live Letter or the NicoNico thing this past weekend. But I'm uncertain.

RE: Post Your Au Ra and Concept! - Blue - 04-27-2015

(04-27-2015, 05:06 AM)Septha Wrote: BTW Yoshi did say that the benchmark will NOT have everything that will be in the final version.

I can give the vote on the benchmark though. That's the point of feedback <_<;

RE: Post Your Au Ra and Concept! - Clover - 04-27-2015

I must take proper screens of my two Au Ras. So far, I only have a decent one of my main, codename Rune until Xaela lore releases.

[Image: FFXIV-Rune_test03_zps62hli6kx.jpg]

RE: Post Your Au Ra and Concept! - Cailean Lockwood - 04-27-2015

(04-27-2015, 05:16 AM)Clover Wrote: I must take proper screens of my two Au Ras. So far, I only have a decent one of my main, codename Rune until Xaela lore releases.

[Image: FFXIV-Rune_test03_zps62hli6kx.jpg]

Yeah, I have a name in mind, but I'm also waiting for the naming conventions for the Au Ra before I decide it's going to be that.

RE: Post Your Au Ra and Concept! - Spethah - 04-27-2015

(04-27-2015, 05:15 AM)Blue Wrote:

I can give the vote on the benchmark though. That's the point of feedback <_<;

I wasn't talking about the benchmark, not was this aimed at you. I was talking about people giving their points to a character creation that isn't even complete for Au Ra as of the niconico stream (it was mentioned that they couldn't finish it due to time constraints on the benchmark deadline).

Any further comments please use the PM system as it's derailing the thread. 

I would be throwing more looks I've found nice, but sadly my PC can barely play the actual game (20fps at lowest settings, 1600x900 windowed in dungeons, around 10-15 outside) so I can't give any good screenshots.

RE: Post Your Au Ra and Concept! - Chris Ganale - 04-27-2015

Male Au Ra dance.

Male Au Ra dance.

RE: Post Your Au Ra and Concept! - Rosamund - 04-27-2015

Bit disappointed so I'm no longer sure if I'll end up making an Au Ra character but I messed around with the creation anyway.

Show Content

RE: Post Your Au Ra and Concept! - Merri - 04-27-2015

Won't be playing an Au Ra, but, felt like making one anyways. Might alt him at some point.
The anime is strong with the Au Ra. Some of the options gave me a good chuckle~

[Image: NIFmvIZ.png]

Aaaand then I set out to make Merri as an Au Ra out of boredom.
Show Content

RE: Post Your Au Ra and Concept! - Gone. - 04-27-2015

Foxglove's final form:

Show Content

If I wanted her to be Au Ra before, I definitely want her to now. Also the improved textures, DX11 lighting, HBAO+ and tessellation... Heavensward can't come sooner. <3

RE: Post Your Au Ra and Concept! - Jaran - 04-27-2015

I was originally going to go with darker hair, but then...

[Image: 33d5d1889bd048185655712f04129037.png]
Eh, still working on him either way. This is just what I have so far.

When I saw the eyes, I knew I just HAD to design him after a bearded vulture, hence why his eyes are like that.