Hydaelyn Role-Players
A Heavensward Race Survey (From Reddit) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: A Heavensward Race Survey (From Reddit) (/showthread.php?tid=11370)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

A Heavensward Race Survey (From Reddit) - Zyrusticae - 04-29-2015

Reddit Post
Link to Survey
Link to Results

These results are doubtlessly not highly accurate, but they're still pretty terrifying.

Au Ra, the new Miqo'te 2.0?

RE: A Heavensward Race Survey (From Reddit) - Aaron - 04-29-2015

Great im gonna be even more of a rare species in game lol

MIDLANDER MASTER RACE NERDS WE'LL RISE STRONGER THAN EVER ONE DAY.

RE: A Heavensward Race Survey (From Reddit) - Unnamed Mercenary - 04-29-2015

I think the survey properly shows that community's priorities though.

They aren't there for RP. Or lore (usually).

What I see on reddit is normally flashy/cutesy/PvE stuff.
>or the next new fad video

Naturally, only the people who see the survey and decide to click on it are actually going to make a difference in its results.

RE: A Heavensward Race Survey (From Reddit) - ChewableMorphine - 04-29-2015

You may as well host your own survey here. In which you can. Make a poll.

My vote is hell yes Au Ra are the new Miqo'te and are held on my shit-list along with Dragoons and Ninjas who don't goad/huton.

RE: A Heavensward Race Survey (From Reddit) - Zyrusticae - 04-29-2015

It was also on the official forums (which is where I saw it), in a thread with slightly over 4,000 views. Don't know how many of them voted but even so...

I know a lot of these folks will probably fantasia back out after some time, but even half of those Au Ra staying as such makes them another Miqo'te in terms of popularity.

Also worth noting is that 39.6% of respondents are changing from another race. 50.6% are rolling Au Ra. That makes nearly 80% of respondents fantasia-ing to Au Ra.

Cannibalizing existing races, indeed.

RE: A Heavensward Race Survey (From Reddit) - Bryn - 04-29-2015

Always irks me when Midlanders and Highlanders are grouped together. We are distinctive clans, damnit!

RE: A Heavensward Race Survey (From Reddit) - Max - 04-29-2015

I don't see Miqo'te ever being dethroned. Maybe for a short while due to Au Ra being the new race and all, but I think in the long run people will still lean towards the cat boys/girls.

RE: A Heavensward Race Survey (From Reddit) - Melkire - 04-29-2015

Small sample size (3k amounts to approx. 1% of a large server's pop)
Bias in sampling (mainly reddit users, some crossover with official forums)
No focus (poll isnt inherently for roleplayers or PvE fans exclusively)

The data is more or less indicative of a trend of high interest in Au Ra. It says nothing re: expected longevity of this trend. To infer any other conclusions from the data is to misstep, IMO.

RE: A Heavensward Race Survey (From Reddit) - Desu Nee - 04-29-2015

Still Lala 4 Lyfe

Lala is Love
Lala is Life

RE: A Heavensward Race Survey (From Reddit) - Kage - 04-29-2015

Man, of all the people changing races in the survey or whatnot, Highlanders and midlanders get cut almost 50%.

RE: A Heavensward Race Survey (From Reddit) - Zyrusticae - 04-29-2015

The sample size is actually pretty significant. To get a confidence level of 95(+/-2)% from a population of 1 million only requires 2,395 participants.

But it's definitely a biased poll, yes. Newer prospective players are highly unlikely to see the poll. And the only way to get around that would be to do something like put it on the official site, which ain't gonna happen, heh.

RE: A Heavensward Race Survey (From Reddit) - Meena - 04-29-2015

Still, the PVE focus of the game will make it so people care about what they;re staring at 90% of the time. I get the feeling MOST people will be male Au ra.

RE: A Heavensward Race Survey (From Reddit) - allgivenover - 04-29-2015

This fits with my notion that while a huge amount of non-RPers will transfer to Au Ra the majority of RPers will just be making alts.

EDIT: The poll that happened a while back here: http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=9372&highlight=poll

We should do another one now that we know some lore + CC options.

RE: A Heavensward Race Survey (From Reddit) - Gone. - 04-29-2015

What's terrifying about people playing as what they want?

RE: A Heavensward Race Survey (From Reddit) - Desu Nee - 04-29-2015

(04-29-2015, 05:26 PM)hauntmedoitagain Wrote: What's terrifying about people playing as what they want?
Nothing, I don't think anyone here is really throwing tables at each other, and demanding 1v1 on Wolf Den. It's just a pool, and reactions to our pool. The pool is clearly not for the rping community, and it makes sense non-rpers wouldn't care much about their specie when there's a new one just right around the corner.

Male Au Ra is the only Alt I'll ever do, and even then I will miss the Heavensward launch by a month, and be behind everyone. Frick me.