Hydaelyn Role-Players
Your character's wardrobe - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Your character's wardrobe (/showthread.php?tid=11385)

Pages: 1 2

Your character's wardrobe - Max - 04-29-2015

I became curious after lurking the screenshots thread.

How often do you change your character's outfit (when roleplaying)? Do you have a bunch of different glamours that you alternate from day to day? Or do you pretty much have one set outfit that you're mostly seen wearing IC?

For now, Max has only two outfits. Once I get him to level 50 I'm sure it'll multiply. I'm the type that likes to change outfits every other day to keep things fresh.

Also feel free to post screenshots!

RE: Your character's wardrobe - Erik Mynhier - 04-30-2015

Erik has a suit of armor, 2 uniforms, his robes for religion, and 3 walk around outfits.

RE: Your character's wardrobe - Fox - 04-30-2015

I have about 3 or 4 different sets for C'sien. But she mostly wears her alchemy RP gear that I've put together. I just like how it looks overall and it fits her ic job class.

[Image: CPxuclT.jpg]

RE: Your character's wardrobe - Dis - 04-30-2015

Glioca has a variety of outfits (being female, that's kind of expected).  She's got her long black coat with white undershirt (Direwolf Robe of Healing) for traveling, she has some standard tunics when around her home (Glade Tunic), a standard dress for when she wants to feel a bit more girly (Riviera Dress), a formal tunic for when she's visiting Ul'dah or generally visiting anywhere (Oasis Tunic), a set of gear for when she's doing anything that might get her too dirty (Blacksmith AF), and a very large and plush robe for cold weather (Vanya Robe) (the cold never bothered her anyway. no, seriously.). Also a bathing suit, because Costa Del Sol.

I like to have a variety for her character, to express that she's a living breathing individual who at least tries to keep her wardrobe fresh, and that she wears more than just the same thing day in and day out, because she is a varied individual and it doesn't make sense that she'd want to wear the same thing every day. That said, can I just express how much I want the shirt -under- the Cashmere/Direwolf coat, because I think it would look fantastic as a stand alone poet's shirt type garment? Just me?

Most of my others wear basically whatever they have at the time, for now (low level, no real outfits, etc).

RE: Your character's wardrobe - Aya - 04-30-2015

Aya changes outfits almost everyday.  When I used to work the Quick Sand every night, her uniform changed each time Smile

I do have one set of market-clothes I have her wear quite frequently, but I change up details of it frequently Smile

RE: Your character's wardrobe - Caspar - 04-30-2015

I plan my character's common clothing down to the smallclothes, lol. Costuming and thinking of what's in the "inventory" IC is very fun for me. I want gear that looks cool but has a function and says something about my character's priorities.

Inner layer is a few tattered cloth sheets sewn haphazardly into a tubetop and a travel belt that can be comfortably worn underneath outer clothes, with leather shorts and boots. (Arachne Shirt w/o the tattoo, Artisan's Culottes, Boots of the Divine Hero.) Under that is Doman style smallclothes. These are cheap clothing (ICly, not OOCly >_>) that was given to Virara as travel clothes because her Master was too miserly with her to bother with anything better. She wears heavy leather gloves that help protect her arms and hands from damage due to her physically intense fighting style. (Fistfighter's Gloves.) The boots and gloves are somewhat expensive purchases out of necessity upon arriving in Eorzea.

Over that she often wears a tunic that's a bit nicer and more suitable for formal occasions. (Oasis Tunic) It's a mark of her improved quality of life that she is able to afford this now that she's settled in Mist.

The heavy leather and fleece coat she wears is a favorite of hers, such that it is very worn and ragged looking. (Glacial Coat) It was given to her before she made the voyage over as well, so she treasures it. Virara can sew, so minor damage to her clothing is stitched up or patched in various places. Almost all of her clothing has many pouches or pockets to store dried snacks or tools in.

She has a pair of earrings made out of arrowheads. (Pixie Earrings) She also has some more girly accessories, but rarely wears them as they were gifts; she certainly would not buy them herself. Virara was gifted a few dresses as formalwear, but she is not fond of them and they make her uncomfortable. (Bridesmaid Dress, Spring Dress)

Virara has a growing collection of eyepatches in secret. But the one she usually wears is a goatskin eyepatch made in a peculiar way by herself. (Eyepatch of the Divine Hero)

Almost all of her clothing is in shades of dark purple or blue.

RE: Your character's wardrobe - Nirri - 04-30-2015

Personally I tend to swap things out when I find something new and 'casual' if we can call it that. But I always have like a set of main outfits for certain areas that I'll always go back to because I simply like them the most.

RE: Your character's wardrobe - ChewableMorphine - 04-30-2015

I really want to say suits and only suits for the joke's sake, but I look at my armor chest as realized I have eight Patrician's Coatee's in different colors + my Manderville Coatee.

Other than the nine suits, Flynt has a basic at-home tank top and saruel combo for when he's tailoring clothes and mending armor. 

Flynt has a pair of glasses, a pair of shades, and an Imperial Shadow Visor he nabbed when looting Garlean and Garlond Ironworks junk heaps. 

The only odd ones out are a red leather jacket he wears whenever none of the suits are available and a visored turban to keep sand out of his hair/face.

RE: Your character's wardrobe - Nataru - 04-30-2015

Nataru's red jacket is her signature look for sure! 
[Image: h9Bokw5.png]

RE: Your character's wardrobe - Jana - 04-30-2015

I have a fairly large number of outfits I change between depending on the climate of where I'm RPng and the situation (commoner's clothes, disguises, Flames uniform, something more formal, etc). Most, though not all, are put together with All-Class gear so I can swap between an ACN book and a PGL weapon if I have to... Which makes nice-looking sets a bit of a pain to work with when they're for one class only or Disciples of War/Magic-locked.

RE: Your character's wardrobe - Zelmanov - 04-30-2015

Orrin, since gold saucer, IC'ly has 2 casual outfits for climates outside of Ishgard, 1 combat outfit and 2 casual outfits That look more regal for Ishgard. I subscribe by the realism factor that someone would NOT want to be wearing armor 24/7.

RE: Your character's wardrobe - Aduu Avagnar - 04-30-2015

Lets see:
Dress Uniform
Active-Duty Uniform
Full Plate Harness
'Casual' work clothes
'Fancy' work clothes
Formal attire
about 3 different types of robes.

a fair few....

RE: Your character's wardrobe - D'aito Kuji - 04-30-2015

While I have collected quite a few outfits for D'aito Kuji, she only wears three of them.  She is an adventurer and must spend many days, if not weeks out and about.  She may sleep under the stars, or at an Inn, or in someone's spare room but whatever the case, she cannot carry with her too many clothes.  Generally speaking, she has her Marauder armor and her Gladiator armor and a "nice" dress for more formal occasions.  Outside of that setting she is almost always in her armor, something which does bother her after a few days or weeks without a bath.  She is quick to have herself and her armor cleaned up whenever she makes it to a town.

She used to carry the first outfit she bought upon arriving in Limsa Lominsa (the starting outfit) mostly for sentimental value.  But she gave it to her retainer, C'xiko Koto.

(I'm not sure how many outfits I actually have.  I almost always select the clothing option when leveling.  And I've bought a few things and participated in the events.  I know I have way too many hats.)

RE: Your character's wardrobe - Melodia - 04-30-2015

(04-30-2015, 12:21 AM)Aya Wrote: Aya changes outfits almost everyday.  When I used to work the Quick Sand every night, her uniform changed each time Smile

I do have one set of market-clothes I have her wear quite frequently, but I change up details of it frequently Smile
This is Melodia. All kinds of outfits. Smile

RE: Your character's wardrobe - OttoVann - 04-30-2015

MY TIME TO SHINE IS NOW.

I have I would imagine, with no exaggerations or bullshit, about 30 different RP outfits. Some are seldom to rarely seen however, like my IC armor that I have no reason to wear 99.9% of the time, but I do have over 30 outfits. In fact my retainers collectively hold over 250 pieces of gear, most of which is for various outfit changes should the mood arise.

I uh, take fashion and Otto's sense of fashion very seriously. I think if you ask other's who have RP'd with me they would echo such a sentiment. I dont have 30 outfits and only wear three, I wear 25 of them regularly and five depending on circumstance. I am always striving to find new combinations too so I can further my need to peacock and outdress everyone else.