Hydaelyn Role-Players
Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] (/showthread.php?tid=1141)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] - Forra - 02-09-2012

Reassessing the Merger of FFXIV Worlds (02/13/2012)
- The world merger plans have been changed. It does not look like there is any danger of the RP community being split up so long as none of us elect to voluntarily apply to move to another world.

A large portion of this first post is no longer relevant. There is, however, still discussion of persuading the developers to officially suggest a roleplaying world.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/37276-SE-please-designate-a-Role-Play-friendly-server!?p=560925#post560925 - A community representative has confirmed that a roleplay server will be available come v2.0.

Lodestone Reference: About the World Merge and Character Transfers (02/09/2012)

Obviously, the fact that we won't know which server will be Besaid until after the merger - however likely it is that the name Besaid will be sticking around - means if we're going to be keeping Final Fantasy XIV's role-play community together, we (the community at large, rather than the RPC alone of course) are going to have to pick which server the majority of us ought be trying to gather on and be advising everyone else to try and gather on as well.

That is, assuming Square Enix don't go back on this silly plan and pre-emptively announce the world names. In which case, well: no harm no foul I suppose.

Everyone who's willing, do please make everyone aware of what's happening, and of this thread, that you can? Thanks!

Threads on the official forums taking into account the need for a Role-Play Server:

Reassessing the Merger of FFXIV Worlds (02/13/2012)
- The world merger plans have been changed. It does not look like there is any danger of the RP community being split up so long as none of us elect to voluntarily apply to move to another world.

SE, please designate a Role Play friendly server!
- Thread requesting this opportunity be used to designate an actual roleplaying server.

Server Mergers (Designate an RP server a la Besaid)

Server Merge Solution: How we, as a community, can resolve this dilemma

World Merger Organization?

There appears to be something of a consensus starting to form on the official forums that the unofficial role-play server/'New Besaid' ought be New World 9.

Whatever the result of this poll, it's probably important that we take into account the prevailing decision there and consider if we ought bow to it, given the official forums are the more widely viewed community.

EDIT: Poll removed after a day with no-one suggesting reasons not to. New World Merger plans have negated the need for it, leaving it up would only risk needlessly confusing people down the line.

Re: Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [MERGE] - Ventus Zeruel - 02-09-2012

Server 7, a lucky number...=]

Re: Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [MERGE] - Gospel Gestalt - 02-09-2012

I guess I'll pick Seven as well. This is really all so sudden and I had no idea this was the plan they had in mind for server merging. I can only hope they rename one of the servers Besaid, so we can avoid this whole nightmare.

My biggest worry is for the players who are still currently inactive at the moment. I'm just afraid they'll be forced to an alien server, which would leave them with no choice other then to reroll.

Re: Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] - Forra - 02-09-2012

Thanks Gospel..

But you're right, that really is the worst part, this'd all not be so bad if they could just tag characters for re-assignment at some point down the line. I wonder if something is stopping them doing so. Still, at least we've a few weeks to get organised and we're off to a good start..

Not that I wouldn't kind of like the excuse to 're-roll' for my own part, but.. obviously I'd very much be in the minority with that.

Another concern I've seen raised:

Whichever server we choose as the new Role-Play Server, what's the best way to deal with old threads about the RP server being Besaid and the danger of them misinforming new-come RP'ers? A 1-in-10 chance of us coincidentally choosing to go to Besaid is pretty poor, so having a plan would be a good idea.

Should the old threads claiming Besaid is where to go be deleted/edited, and RP linkshells and communities be asked to do the same on their own forums?

Re: Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] - Kylin - 02-09-2012

I don't think this will actually impact us at all. They said that the server names will be the same as the top ten populated servers. Besaid is almost definitely one of the top 10 populated servers, and as such will remain largely in tact.

Quote:* The new Worlds shall inherit the names of the ten most popular current Worlds. Name assignments will be announced after the transfer selection period has ended.

If this is the case, we'll still be on Besaid. Unless I misunderstand what the process is.

EDIT: Oh, missed the last part of the statement about names being assigned to servers AFTER transferring. So I guess we will need to reselect a RP server and hope the community stays together ><. This could be messy. Besaid will still be around, but the unofficial RP could end up changing, causing mass confusion amongst new RPers and the like.

I'm sorry Kylin; that's what I originally thought as well.

Unfortunately, it isn't so - read over the message, again, particularly the part that says that everyone has to choose a new server:

Quote:To ensure that the World merge is fair for all players, character transfers will be required for all existing characters. Players must select a new post-merge World for their characters, and will be reassigned automatically should they not do so by the established deadline. We urge you all to review the World Merge Summary and the Notes Regarding the World Merge.

It doesn't matter if Besaid remains, we're being removed from it and asked to choose a new server blind.

EDIT: Post-Kylin's edit: Right.

Re: Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] - Kylin - 02-09-2012

Yeah, I just caught that after re-reading it a couple more times. This could end up very messy for RPers, new and old alike. I really hope the community can stay together. I'll likely send out a mass email to all RPC members to just like the former server selection process.

Re: Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] - Ventus Zeruel - 02-09-2012

This whole think just kinda irks me...
Why would square enix auto assing people who aren't paying?

It's like if one of us got seriously ill for a month and had no way of paying, they'd be lost forever in the void of the servers! It's insanity =.=;
I just hope things go well...

Re: Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] - Hayden - 02-09-2012

Wow, talk about sloppy and half assed. Well I suppose we have to work with the cards we are dealt. I voted 5, because by the sounds of it we have no control in the name our server gets what so ever. So which ever "number" we vote on will eventually BE the official Role Playing Server. The name will be assigned after the fact...not the best way to do it...but I suppose we have little choice.

By my logic 7 will be a very over picked number, perhaps not the best for the RPC.

Re: Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] - toque - 02-09-2012

I like that we're having this vote, but I very much disagree that 7 will not be a popular server. Most people will go with the number they like best, I think.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.npr.org/b...-wide-survey-v1">http://www.npr.org/b...-wide-survey-v1</a><!-- m -->

Quote:Though it's early in the running, right now, "7" is leading the race to be the World's Favorite Number. And right behind 7 are 3, 11, and 13. All primes. Why this primacy of primes? Alex, going a little mystical, says these numbers, being indivisible, feel "strong and kind of trustworthy."

But 7 seems to have a special glow; 7 leads across religious, national, gender, even educational lines, and double-7s are common too. Then there's the woman who likes "7.07":

5 I'd assume will be reasonably popular as well since its in the middle.
Personally I think 6 should be fairly unpopular, so i'll pick it Tongue

EDIT: Grrrr... I forgot that 6 is the most lucky number in China. Hmmm.... maybe 4?

Torvald Levoie

Re: Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] - Lior - 02-09-2012

Just when I thought I'd never have to deal with another community server vote. Cry

Personally I'm not sure that I'd like to see the RP community take a completely separate stance from the rest of Besaid, if it comes down to that. While I'm all for going wherever this poll takes us, I've felt very at-home with most of Besaid's community and would like to see as much of that maintained as possible, roleplayers or not.

Basically all I'm saying is that regardless of what is chosen in this poll, I hope that there is still a willingness to work with the server community instead of trying to pass the RPC's vote off as some sort of ultimatum.

Quote:Basically all I'm saying is that regardless of what is chosen in this poll, I hope that there is still a willingness to work with the server community instead of trying to pass the RPC's vote off as some sort of ultimatum.
Definitely I agree - thus my mentioning in first post the threads on the official forums related to the matter and their apparent start, although I admit I only listed the ones mention roleplay rather than every topic related to Besaid. At best being 'RPC's way or the highway' about it would be kinda rude and ungrateful in many ways, and at worst it could send RP'ers in multiple directions instead of gathering them.

But I agree, Besaid has been a remarkably nice community.. it'd be horrid if we lose that.

Re: Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] - Aveline - 02-09-2012

Quote:I hope that there is still a willingness to work with the server community instead of trying to pass the RPC's vote off as some sort of ultimatum.

This, a thousand times over. We have a Besaid server thread on the official forums, where RPers and non-RPers alike on Besaid are discussing where we should move to. I would be greatly saddened if RPers closed themselves off to discussion from the rest of their home server in favor of a vote on this site.

Re: Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] - Shien Sarvong - 02-09-2012

I voted for number seven as well, if only to increase solidarity. It appears to have taken off(a whole five people, golly gee willickers!), and far be it from me to oppose the status quo.