Hydaelyn Role-Players
Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] (/showthread.php?tid=1141)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] - Lior - 02-13-2012

For those who haven't seen it yet, we're now confirmed to be going with Option 2, wherein Besaid and another server will be merged into a new name entirely (new names for all servers), with the option to transfer elsewhere for those who wish it.

Source

So unless someone wants to pull some "We should move the RP community somewhere else entirely and screw Besaid!" card, this is now a non-issue and we can just let Squenix do the work for us. :ugeek:

Re: Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] - Selyne - 02-13-2012

*Whew* Good news, IMO! :cheer:

Re: Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] - Forra - 02-13-2012

Ah, good o.o I suppose I had best remove the poll, hadn't I?

Hopefully everyone will just.. not apply to transfer.

And hopefully we're all right assuming Besaid isn't going anywhere -.-; Although come to think, I suppose it'd still be a non-issue, since as long as we don't apply to transfer.. we'll end up in the same place anyway, right?

So we'll just have to worry about spreading the news about the new, unofficial world once the developers pick a name for it.. assuming a seperate RP server isn't suggested, officially. That could make things awkward x.x;

Re: Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] - Eva - 02-13-2012

Does anyone know if they're still planning to nuke all of the linkshells (presumably due to issues where same-named shells exist on both servers that are merging)? It seems to me like this may no longer be necessary - like whichever was created first stands or somesuch - since all players are going to set locations now rather than being scattered. Just curious.

Re: Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] - Smiling River - 02-13-2012

They should just make Besaid + w/e world = RP server

EDIT: LS and friendlists will stay together

Re: Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] - Forra - 02-13-2012

Apparently, they will. To quote Yoshida in the post linked above:

Quote:For both existing Worlds, Linkshells, Friend Lists, and Blacklists will remain intact.

Re: Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] - Selyne - 02-13-2012

I agree, Oskar! It should be Besaid + other server = RP server

That way, we get to keep our Besaid friends. Plus, the fact they're allowing server transfers will let those who are really just opposed to being on the RP server the opportunity to leave (and I'm not just necessarily talking about the people who will be merging with us, there are current Besaid residents who just don't like being on our server). Other RPers who got scattered to other servers will also now have the opportunity to come join us.

SE just needs to put a tag on our server to officially designate it so people know where to find us, and we're golden.

Re: Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] - Smiling River - 02-13-2012

The process of getting a reply on that thread is slowly killing me.

Off topic: Rowyne do you RP?

Re: Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] - Selyne - 02-14-2012

Oskar:

While I have a RP background in other games, my experience in FFXIV has been limited.

I attended TALE's first Masquerade Ball in Limsa Lominsa (back in Nov 2010) with a few of my LS mates. That was tons of fun! I was /facepalming at my husband, whose character had a bit too much to drink and was wandering around the ship in basically a subligar and his mask. But it turned out he made an amusing impression on several people and they didn't mind his antics (there was later talk of 'the drunken Elezen'). Julianne Regina (who is quite the extrovert) was doing her best to get us all to socialize, and was chatting up some new LS members. We made some new friends that night and a great time was had by all! It is still one of my most memorable experiences I've had in this game.

I also was recruited into a story that had some great potential. We had an awesome opening session, which left me really excited about it, and was given a pearl to keep in touch with the rest of the group. However, most all of them ended up quitting the game shortly after the mass exodus and the LS eventually went silent.

My other experiences have been too few and far between to mention.

To be honest, I had believed a great deal of the RP community had dwindled along with the rest of the population and didn't make much of an attempt to build up my character history or reconnect with other RPers. I just played casually, crafted, and tried to keep my non-RP linkshell together. I became frustrated with the state of the game, myself, and took a break. Okay, a few breaks. And I didn't sub in January.

However, the server merge fiasco and talk of finally pushing for a designated RP server was something that was important enough to get me to subscribe and make my opinion heard. Officially putting a RP server tag on Besaid could really help breathe life back into the RP community by finally getting us all in one place. But that groundwork needs to be done before 2.0 when the game gets its second wave of new subscribers. In fact, now is the perfect time. With Yoshi-P going with server merge option 2, we would not only be able to direct new RPers to Besaid, but give RPers that got scattered to other servers the chance to move and join the hub.

Anyway, to answer your question? I'm yet another casual RPer, but I care deeply about the RP community's ability to thrive in this game. One day, I may even find myself coming back to the fold. Smile

Re: Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] - Kadika - 02-17-2012

I wonder if Fabul had any RP shells that will be coming over to us in the merge. fresh faces would be really nice.

=D let's hope there is.

Re: Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] - Merri - 02-17-2012

Quote:I wonder if Fabul had any RP shells that will be coming over to us in the merge. fresh faces would be really nice.

=D let's hope there is.

I've seen posts about people from various servers planning on finally coming over to join us, so we have that. Keep in mind though, 1.21 will probably bring back an even bigger handful of people once word starts to spread. Plus the fact that SE is starting PR activity again in March means even more people taking a look back at XIV, and new players joining the game fresh.

From now until 2.0 I'm sure we're going to see a very large and steady increase in our community's size. :>

Re: Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] - Smiling River - 02-21-2012

Dev reply: Link

Quote:Greetings,

Apologies for the delay, I know you've all been waiting on a response to this topic.

There aren't any plans to designate a roleplay server for the upcoming World Merge. However, Yoshida did tell us "I also like roleplaying, so with the launch of version 2.0 we'll prepare a roleplay server."

Re: Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] - Darkvalkyr - 02-21-2012

Not terribly happy with that announcement. When 2.0 rolls about the stress of losing non-RP buddies will come again (weren't they offering server transfers at 2.0 release?), wheras this server merge right now has solved all of the problems I had.

Re: Which server ought RP'ers regroup on? [SERVER MERGE] - Eva - 02-21-2012

I agree with the above, but I think the good outweighs the bad here. Or at least has a much longer-lasting effect. Once we get past the minutia of actually having to get situated onto the designated RP server there should be no more need of this shuffling around or anything. No, it's not as elegant a solution for us as they could have offered, but for the RP community to be recognized in such a way that creative minds yearning for more from the game than just grinding boss fights and such assemble in one place - well, I think that's pretty monumental. Then again, I think it's fair to say that most of the friends I've made on Besaid are also RPers so my views reflect this.

For whatever it may be worth, there are still several months between now and when this goes into effect, so plenty of time to get the word out to non-RP friends and try to get them to make the jump with us.

I'm pleased with this outcome. :cheer: