Hydaelyn Role-Players
Fight Tournament - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Fight Tournament (/showthread.php?tid=11459)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Fight Tournament - Zar'ine Moks - 05-03-2015

Fight Tournament

Any can watch and any can fight also. Simply contact Zax Xelphia or comment below.
Please be respectful to the fighters or you will be asked to leave.
This will be ran with the roll system to keep it fair and not to time consuming.
Rules
  • Each fighter will start with 1000 HP
  • The first roll controls who emotes first
  • The attacker and defender will both roll, if the attacker rolls the defenders losing roll will be subtracted from the winning roll and the out come number will be subtracted from their HP. If the defender wins then it will be a dodge or parry mattering how they choose to emote. In which case no HP is removed from either.
  • The fighters will switch after each roll for who is attacker and who is defender. You are free to pass on a move but just make it clear you are passing.
  • THERE WILL BE NO KILLING. By entering this tournament you accept these rules. So if you make a attempt to kill a player in these RP battles, the Ref or 'overseer' of the fight will step in, they will do what ever is needed to stop a death. Even if that means making a God Mod move. Or severally injuring your character. If you wish for some twist or something that could break a rule and both characters OOCly agree to it. Speak to those in charge of the event before hand to clear it.
  • All armor and weapons (including magic) are aloud as long as they follow lore.
  • Please yell your emotes, it makes it easier on the Ref to see the battle outside of the surrounding chatter. 
  • The location will change each time so ask or look where it will be.
  • Respect the Ref and those in charge at the event.
  • Respect the fighters.
  • No healing magic aloud. This includes stone skin, protect, esuna, etc.
  • NEW ADDITION: Forfeits are aloud, but if you wish to forfeit we ask you make the intention very clear oocly and ICly.
Any rule breaking will result in removal from the event rather it be IC or being asked OOC.
We will have IC healers on hand to handle injuries and such after the fight. If the tournament counties out of beta we will set up a bracket with a prize for the winner at the end.
ICly the tournament cost 500 gil to fight in, this is not OOC. We do accept donations to help keep up the winners fund.

This weeks location: Eastern La Noscea 33,29 [Talk to Fery Skipper, board the Rhotano privateer.]

Prize:
 1st place 500k
 2nd 250k
 3rd 100k
(This is in real gil)

Any questions and wish for further info talk to Zax. Look forward to seeing you all and hope for a awesome first turn out for the return.

RE: Fight Tournament - Warren Castille - 05-03-2015

My name is Warren Castille, and this is my favorite event on Gilgamesh.

Good luck, guys!

Edit: Unless this is on Balmung, at which point: BOO! HISS!

Love seeing folks break out with stuff like this! Good luck anyway!

RE: Fight Tournament - Zar'ine Moks - 05-03-2015

Well we transferred to Bal so figured we'd start it here and hope it turns out just as well :3

There is a robust fighting community on Balmung, I can assure you.

RE: Fight Tournament - Jana - 05-03-2015

MORE FIGHTING

JANA FIGHT GOOD

Any idea on a schedule yet? I have weird work hours so I can't commit right away!

On the calendar I set the event for next Sunday starting at 9 PM EST, if it goes well then I'll keep it there weekly. Less a bunch of people say they could come on a different day if I'm free on it. I have a lot of FC commitments that take up my time during the week.

RE: Fight Tournament - Nataru - 05-03-2015

Sign me up! I love to tussle >:3

Will do!

RE: Fight Tournament - Josuke - 05-03-2015

I like the idea of an alternative to Grindstone. I can't wait to see how this pans out. I plan to show if it's on one of my days off!

I can support anyone who doesn't try to gank our time slot.

RE: Fight Tournament - Zar'ine Moks - 05-04-2015

If anyone would like to volunteer to be a healer on at the event icly would be appreciated as well. We have one already and My FC is filling other empty job slots.

RE: Fight Tournament - ArmachiA - 05-04-2015

(05-04-2015, 07:07 AM)Zax Xelphia Wrote: If anyone would like to volunteer to be a healer on at the event icly would be appreciated as well. We have one already and My FC is filling other empty job slots.

Which is us!
To clear up future confusion, we have the same tag and name as the Grindstone <NB> but we aren't the same group. Spawned from the same group in FFXI (Which, in turn, was spawned from my LS the Crimson Pirates), but the FFXI LS founder Ellion quit after a few years (In which the NB and Crimson Pirates merged then moved to WoW) while the FFXI NB remained. We're the NB/CP FC, they are the FFXI FC. Okay? OKAY!

Zax is a pretty fresh transfer from Gilgamesh and wanted to try Gilga style fighting match here. I'm probably going to get with him about running these in conjunction with the FC Training Parade (Like have it a day or two after each one so people can use what they've learned) since it allows for both weapons and magic.

At this point I'm not sure if my character came come yet, she uh.. may not be fit, but we'll see!

RE: Fight Tournament - U'roh Tia - 05-04-2015

I think I'm gonna sign Roh up for this. Just gotta hope I get the day off!

RE: Fight Tournament - Jana - 05-05-2015

While the time on Friday works for me, I have a prior appointment this week, so I can't promise to be there. Maybe next week!

RE: Fight Tournament - Zar'ine Moks - 05-05-2015

Oh is it on a Friday for you?