Hydaelyn Role-Players
Brass Blades of the Lily - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Linkshell Hall (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Chronicles (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: Brass Blades of the Lily (/showthread.php?tid=11504)

Pages: 1 2

Brass Blades of the Lily - McBeefâ„¢ - 05-06-2015

Gridania is protected by the elementals. Limsa is sheltered by the waves. However Ul'dah's domain is scattered across the shifting sands of Thanalan. A desert of burning sun and towering rock. Amidst these far flung outposts, lie bandits, slavers, beastmen, garleans, monsters, and the perils of the land itself.
Yet the trade routes stay open, and the outposts survive, protected by the swords and shields of Eorzea's largest and most famous mercenary force. The Brass Blades.

Based out of Ul'dah, the city of coin, the Brass Blade companies keep the peace have they have for decades. Each is named after a flower, and like flowers themselves, each is a life to its own. The companies of the Blades range from corrupt thugs, little better than the bandits they fight, to those who's reputation for skill and bravery is known across the land.

While some companies are contracted to guard specific locations, such as the Blades of the Rose or Orchid, others travel where money and orders lead them. Not technically part of Ul'dahs military, Blade Companies can be found, at times, in every corner of Eorzea, lending their aid to whoever can affor their services.

The Brass Blades of the Lily are one such Company. They are fighters first, and guards second, men and women who enjoy the thrill of battle... and of earning coin. Let by Captain Tataran, they struggle to ride the shifting waves of Ul'dahs politics, and make some money while they're at it.

So you there, young one, with your belly empty and your purse flat. Grab a sword and join up, Captain Tataran want's YOU.

[Image: Necqkjr.png]

RE: Blades of the Lily - Seriphyn - 05-06-2015

Fantastic. Totally back this 100% doubleplusgood.

RE: Blades of the Lily - McBeefâ„¢ - 05-17-2015

Updated Information Tabs.

Equipment

The Blades of the Lily come from a different background than most of the Blades roaming the streets of Ul'dah, leading to small differences in their weapons, armor, and uniform.

Much like the Brass Blades of the Orchid prefer Katar's and other fist weapons, the Blades of the Lily, do not carry the standard Scimitar.

[Image: yASZihp.jpg]
(Lieutenant R'elend of the Lily on left, Standard Brass Blade on right)

Arms: The Blades of the Lily come from high threat areas deep in the Sagolii, where the main enemy was Amalj warriors. To cut through their thick hides, they favor heavy Falchions. Bucklers are useless against the many archers in a Beastman raiding party, so instead they use large tower shields.

Armor: The only modification of the standard armor is the gauntlet. Brass Blades of the Lily prefer 'five fingered' gauntlets, instead of the mitten-like ones used by standard Blades. While less protective, they allow for better fine control.

[Image: C9GjnsL.png]
(Lily face paint)

Uniform: All Blades of the Lily wear a distinctive face paint pattern. It is red for trainees, and black for full soldiers. The changing of colors is part of a special ceremony when a recruit finishes training.

RE: Brass Blades of the Lily - Desu Nee - 05-17-2015

It's funny. Had y'all come sooner, Quki would have definetly joined this bandwagon.

RE: Brass Blades of the Lily - Erik Mynhier - 05-17-2015

This is amazing. Can I throw you all Sand Pearls so we can have some Blade/Flame rp fun?

RE: Brass Blades of the Lily - McBeefâ„¢ - 05-17-2015

(05-17-2015, 04:21 PM)Erik Mynhier Wrote: This is amazing. Can I throw you all Sand Pearls so we can have some Blade/Flame rp fun?

"You all"

Heh heh...

At this point "You" would be just as accurate, but yes I think R'elend already has one.

RE: Brass Blades of the Lily - McBeefâ„¢ - 06-30-2015

This still exists! It's just very small.

...Like Captain Tataran.

RE: Brass Blades of the Lily - McBeefâ„¢ - 08-04-2015

We're not ded.

RE: Brass Blades of the Lily - J'rashien Qhet - 08-04-2015

Hi, hi!

I was wondering if I could nab a list of the armour and dyes you guys use as your Brass Blade lookalike armour/your own uniform? I've been trying to put a Brass Blade uniform together (replicating the NPCs) and I am struggling for reals.

Also, I am still super eager to meet up with you guys and become a Lily ok. <3

RE: Brass Blades of the Lily - McBeefâ„¢ - 08-04-2015

(08-04-2015, 08:08 PM)Jrashien Qhet Wrote: Hi, hi!

I was wondering if I could nab a list of the armour and dyes you guys use as your Brass Blade lookalike armour/your own uniform? I've been trying to put a Brass Blade uniform together (replicating the NPCs) and I am struggling for reals.

So this official brass Blade uniform (closest to the NPCS) and I'm not sure who made it:
[Image: zL2ccNG.jpg]

The differences I use fro the Lily blades (Just to differentiate slightly, the Brass Blades are big, ok!)

Tower Shield instead of Buckler
Plundered Gauntlets dyed Rust Red instead of Mittens
Any Falchion instead of the Scimitar.

RE: Brass Blades of the Lily - J'rashien Qhet - 08-05-2015

(08-04-2015, 08:14 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote:
(08-04-2015, 08:08 PM)J Wrote: Hi, hi!

So this official brass Blade uniform (closest to the NPCS) and I'm not sure who made it:

The differences I use fro the Lily blades (Just to differentiate slightly, the Brass Blades are big, ok!)

You're a star! Thank you so much!

Edit: Because I'm super curious about your Linkshell/FC, and how Brass Blade RP goes down on Balmung, do you offer a place for non-GLA/MAR classes in the Lily? With their own take on the uniform, or something?

RE: Brass Blades of the Lily - Kage - 08-05-2015

The picture is a little outdated as the Sipahi Turban is DoW, not Monk only. So you can get it just like the Hauburgeon. The dyed version works well though if drops are unkind.

RE: Brass Blades of the Lily - McBeefâ„¢ - 08-05-2015

(08-05-2015, 12:34 PM)Jrashien Qhet Wrote:

Edit: Because I'm super curious about your Linkshell/FC, and how Brass Blade RP goes down on Balmung, do you offer a place for non-GLA/MAR classes in the Lily? With their own take on the uniform, or something?

There are only two of us in the Linkshell T_T, it's Osric and myself. As for special uniforms, its clear from the lore that Brass Blades use many different weapons and have different uniforms.

For example the pair of Sunseeker pugilists that polish his rod server Captain longhaft in Highbridge wear subligars and strappy boots instead of the mail and greaves.

RE: Brass Blades of the Lily - J'rashien Qhet - 08-05-2015

(08-05-2015, 01:02 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote:
(08-05-2015, 12:34 PM)J Wrote:

There are only two of us in the Linkshell T_T, it's Osric and myself. As for special uniforms, its clear from the lore that Brass Blades use many different weapons and have different uniforms.

For example the pair of Sunseeker pugilists that polish his rod server Captain longhaft in Highbridge wear subligars and strappy boots instead of the mail and greaves.

Well, I am still eager. It's a start, if you're still wanting to draw people in! 

And ayee, I didn't think of them. Awesome!

RE: Brass Blades of the Lily - McBeefâ„¢ - 08-05-2015

oo0ps