Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hello everyone! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hello everyone! (/showthread.php?tid=11533)

Hello everyone! - KHMarie - 05-09-2015

Hi guys, I'm Marie and I joined this because it's been a long time since I've done any good RPing. I've been apart of XIV since RR was booted, but just recently started playing again on a new lancer character. I would very much so like to take part in roleplaying, however I have come across an issue I'm sure everyone by now is already aware of. The two largest RP servers are just about always closed for character creation. 
Now this is kinda a downer, but I figured there was bound to be RPing happening in places other than these servers. I am currently on Malboro, and was wondering if there were any Free Companies I could join here that were strictly about RPing, and avoid having to go through the hassle of transferring/waiting for the perfect time to create a new character.

As for my current character I have a small amount of lore on her as of now but I plan on expanding on maybe expandingit/improving it in the future:

Serylda Troklas is 19 year old Highlander Hyur who was raised by an aristocratic adoptive midlander family that resided in Limsa Lominsa. She was eventually relieved of her family, after a large prejudice within the clan rose against her race differences. This eventually led to them trying to find a way to get rid of her. Her adoptive families original origins stemmed from Ishgard, however they had moved years beforehand after the infestation of dragons grew heavy. As such her family is of course known for their strongest (not eldest) child to eventually become a dragoon, and carry on their family's legacy to eventually return to Ishgard and fight in their name. 

Although distraught at not giving the position to their eldest son, Rhyan, who was fully capable of this duty, they instead gave her the task of working at becoming a lancer at a far younger age than typically allowed; this was done in hopes she would die on her journey never to return and that they could then reinstate their son with the role instead. 

Serylda was close friends with the eldest son, and although Rhyan was of course distraught with having lost his right to carry out his duty, he knew of his parents growing prejudice toward his sister and feared for her life. He hoped that she would be able to follow through with her quest and make amends with their parents, bringing honor both to her name and theirs, for he knew she was indeed stronger than she seemed. 

He also knew she would some day be far stronger than himself, and the did in fact deserve the honor.

She has no interest in learning of her origins as a Highlander, but is aware that her race was a dying one, and was significantly different than their brethren race the midlanders; she also knew this was why her parents had grown to distrust her. As a child, there were no signs of any differences between her and her brother, but as she grew, her physic did change and it became quite apparent. Her parents feared she would some day overpower her brother, and wished not to have animosity between the two and cause problems within the family. In reality the two's relationship was quite positive, even with the Rhyan being fully aware of his parents attitude toward Serylda. Serylda herself was unaware of her parents upset towards her, but was informed before she embarked by Rhyan.

With her brothers blessing, she works on becoming a legendary Dragoon in order to someday redeem herself to her family, and show them that her differences did not make her any less of a Troklas then her elder brother.

It is also to be stated that half of her face is scarred by a rune marking. One of which she is unclear of how it came to be. She has been led to believe it comes from the dark mage Lahabrea, who led an attack on her home, in which she has concluded was located in Ala Mhigo, due to her race. This occurred years before when she was a small child and is what she presumes separated her from her actual family. Although this event she imagines was quite life altering, she has no memory of it, and only historical records to go by. She also now considers herself apart of the Troklas family and does not find the need to pester into her past. 

She is unable to grow significant amounts of hair on that side of her head, and her left eye is slightly discolored. She considers it a sign of her survival and her resolve.

Thank you all for taking time time read my post, and for any help you all can give me. It's a pleasure to be here Moogle

RE: Hello everyone! - ZacharyVolfire - 05-09-2015

welcome Welcome! I hope us newbies cna get along swimmingly I'm still working on my wiki page but if you ever want ot discuss ideas and lore I'd be happy to oblige you.

RE: Hello everyone! - ZacharyVolfire - 05-10-2015

welcome Welcome! I hope us newbies cna get along swimmingly I'm still working on my wiki page but if you ever want ot discuss ideas and lore I'd be happy to oblige you.

RE: Hello everyone! - Maril - 05-10-2015

Welcome! ^_^ I hope you have fun!

RE: Hello everyone! - Rosamund - 05-10-2015

Welcome aboard! Big Grin

RE: Hello everyone! - KHMarie - 05-10-2015

Thank you all! It's a pleasure to be here. I am planning on transferring to Balmung soon, considering there is a good 10% of other folks who are not in the server or Gilgamesh, and do not have the time or patience (honestly) to re-level my character or log in early in the morning. 

If I do not do it tomorrow, I'll probably do it later this week. It'd be nice to meet any of you if possible, and maybe get a feel for how the RPing in this game goes. I haven't done this in so long, I am afraid I am probably a bit out of practice. So I might need to shadow a bit hehe. Blush