Hydaelyn Role-Players
Look out below! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Look out below! (/showthread.php?tid=11622)

Look out below! - Mountie - 05-15-2015

Well I've been lurking here for the past few days and even had the account made so that I could contact some of these amazing free companies that I have my eye on joining. Never quite got around to the whole introducing myself thing though, too busy for my own good sometimes! With luck though, I find myself sitting a rather boring helpdesk shift here at work so I figured - eh, why not? And here I am!

Not using the template because I want to be a special snowflake so hold onto your tophats and bonnets ladies and gents, it's going to be a bumpy ride!

Humble Origins
When a mommy and a daddy Rio really like each other... I digress! As the second oldest out of seven kids, I've been seeking solace within the interwebz since I was a wee sprite, or roughly thirteen years ago for the less stalkerish peope I know you're out there! RP was almost ruined for me when I stumbled upon it in the Neopet forums and found nothing but 50 Shades of Pixel going on all over the place. However, when all seemed lost in the land of Arial Shore, fate struck. Well - more accurately - it was actually a warpstar. Yeah, you heard right, a warpstar. Joined up with an insane group of folks who were bent on keeping the mush and gush to a minimum with the aid of our own iconic and hilarious roleplay (crashing warpstars into people's "Three Rockhard Abs + Two Bottle Blondes Beachhouse" threads, knocking people off the pier as the sun set in the background with a trusty Hammer, and just the general mayhem that a horde of Kirbies could create). It was glorious. We got banned more times than I can ever hope to count - and I have sung "999 Bottles of Beer on the Wall."

Fastforward!
It has been well over a decade since those days, and since then I have moderated and admined a number of forum roleplay sites, with the most successful being the EXE Warriors, based on the Battle NT series of Megaman. Run a few guilds but to be honest I'm not cut out for the lead, ADOS just ruins that for me - Attention Deficit... Oh Shiny! I'm certainly willing to throw my tophat into another's ring though and give it my all! As far as game progression goes it is Vanilla WoW -> MoP, RO, Rift, Tera, SWTOR, so I've been there and RPed that and honestly I have just been in limbo this past year or so since my laptop became the pure and concentrated form of evil less stable than desired. Just finished building a custom gaming rig with all the lovely bells and whistled - I even color coded that sucker! - and looking to get back into the sway.

TL;DR
For the folks jumping down to here, I've looked at my old games and shook my head at their current state, when I happened to stumble upon the subreddit of FFXIV and the memories flooded back of my brief flirt with FFXIV when it was released. Two words. Moogle Hat. Oh yeah, it is now back on like the Donkey Kong and I'm looking to truly enjoy this game after seeing absolutely stunning pictures of the backgrounds [link: http://imgur.com/a/zgSWR#0]. Be warned though, I'm in no rush to level, I'm in no rush to skip cutscenes, and I'm in no rush to join the Fate Grinds. I came to soak up this game and it's lore until my mind is all pruned up the sunburn reminds me that I have to go home.

Also, remember folks, tophats besthats!

And that's me!

RE: Look out below! - Unnamed Mercenary - 05-15-2015

OMG those panorama shots are excellent.

But uh, Welcome to the RPC and all that!

Never skip those cutscenes. Ever. There's beautiful English dub something fun in every line! Lotsa lore to get lost in too!

If ya need someone to faceroll a class while working on a dungeon, I will walk to help slow a party down. (probably not literally, but being able to explore the dungeons, even if instanced is really cool!)

RE: Look out below! - Bryn - 05-15-2015

Oh wow, another one from the corrupted pits of Neopets RP initiation.

Welcome to FFXIV, and the RPC!

RE: Look out below! - Aris - 05-15-2015

Did someone say Neopets? There are others who made it out alive? Tongue

Welcome, it's nice to meet you!