Hydaelyn Role-Players
Tainted, voidsent and 'touched' characters - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Tainted, voidsent and 'touched' characters (/showthread.php?tid=11630)

Tainted, voidsent and 'touched' characters - CrimsonMars - 05-15-2015

So Chiyo's been dealing with a lot of void crap as of late and she's like, 'enough is enough.' Basically, is there someway to properly deal with anything void related besides beating the shit out of voidsent? What are the odds of any repercussions such as being possessed? Does the echo make a difference at all?

In regards to being tainted or voidtouched, I currently have a tainted character. Is there a way they can be saved or are they doomed to being corrupted. I used to know an exorcist icly but they suddenly died.

RE: Tainted, voidsent and 'touched' characters - Unnamed Mercenary - 05-15-2015

There's a very old RP scene I'd done with some people back when I was first getting into RP here. We basically exorcised a bunch of small voidsent from a person.

Sorta like the THM storyline, I think if you can get the voidsent to leave its host willingly (if possessed), that's probably the safest way for all living things. Then, kill the voidsent ASAP.

For someone void-touched, maybe some method of spiritual healing? Something to expunge the darkness?

RE: Tainted, voidsent and 'touched' characters - Faye - 05-15-2015

I'm not sure how much lore there actually is on this stuff. These sort of plotlines are usually just limited only by the imaginations of whoever's running them, so I'd say you'd probably just have to ask the people you're role-playing with.

RE: Tainted, voidsent and 'touched' characters - Chris Ganale - 05-15-2015

It's not lore-supported, but I have a character who is part of a school of swordsmanship dedicated to slaying voidsent and exorcising them (violently).

RE: Tainted, voidsent and 'touched' characters - Aalriya - 05-15-2015

Riya was a void-touched succubus. Though recently in her wandering, she ended up going to the Padjal White Mages and has been staying with them for a while to under go spiritual/ritualistic healing and treatment. While Riya cleansed of being a Succubus, she is still tainted and sensitive to void, and void energies. I honestly am not sure how Lore-friendly my story is, but I used the Padjal because they are known for their strong white magic, and figured if anyone could "cure" void-touched without it having to be death of the person, it would be them.

RE: Tainted, voidsent and 'touched' characters - Aduu Avagnar - 05-15-2015

(05-15-2015, 05:33 PM)Aalriya Wrote: Riya was a void-touched succubus. Though recently in her wandering, she ended up going to the Padjal White Mages and has been staying with them for a while to under go spiritual/ritualistic healing and treatment. While Riya cleansed of being a Succubus, she is still tainted and sensitive to void, and void energies. I honestly am not sure how Lore-friendly my story is, but I used the Padjal because they are known for their strong white magic, and figured if anyone could "cure" void-touched without it having to be death of the person, it would be them.
its not very lore friendly at all (I don't mean that as an attack, hear me out.)

In lore, Sucubus are Voidsent that are drawn to and inhabit the bodies of dead women.

in my own plots Nako has dealt with Voidsent, either sealing them in a host and then destroying the host so they died with it, drawn them out into a prepared vessel to store (ala the pot from the THM quest line) etc. Its a very much grey area, dealign with voidtouched/tainted.

RE: Tainted, voidsent and 'touched' characters - Val - 05-15-2015

(05-15-2015, 09:15 PM)Nako Wrote:
(05-15-2015, 05:33 PM)Aalriya Wrote: Riya was a void-touched succubus. Though recently in her wandering, she ended up going to the Padjal White Mages and has been staying with them for a while to under go spiritual/ritualistic healing and treatment. While Riya cleansed of being a Succubus, she is still tainted and sensitive to void, and void energies. I honestly am not sure how Lore-friendly my story is, but I used the Padjal because they are known for their strong white magic, and figured if anyone could "cure" void-touched without it having to be death of the person, it would be them.
its not very lore friendly at all (I don't mean that as an attack, hear me out.)

In lore, Sucubus are Voidsent that are drawn to and inhabit the bodies of dead women.

in my own plots Nako has dealt with Voidsent, either sealing them in a host and then destroying the host so they died with it, drawn them out into a prepared vessel to store (ala the pot from the THM quest line) etc. Its a very much grey area, dealign with voidtouched/tainted.

I know that this is how Voidsent Succubi are, but what exactly is the difference between Voidtouched and Voidsent, and is there anything stating that there isn't some way for the woman/man in question to be cursed by the original Voidsent to have those properties? I'm just mostly curious =) I don't mean to derail the thread.

RE: Tainted, voidsent and 'touched' characters - Yssen - 05-15-2015

(05-15-2015, 09:18 PM)Val Wrote:
(05-15-2015, 09:15 PM)Nako Wrote:

I know that this is how Voidsent Succubi are, but what exactly is the difference between Voidtouched and Voidsent, and is there anything stating that there isn't some way for the woman/man in question to be cursed by the original Voidsent to have those properties? I'm just mostly curious =) I don't mean to derail the thread.
In short. Voidsent originated in the void and were summoned or gated to Hydaelyn by ritual or what have you. Voidtouched originated on Hydaelyn and became corrupted/tainted by coming into contact with something Voidsent. It is all in where they originated from. Both are equally demon-y things. Yar.

RE: Tainted, voidsent and 'touched' characters - DoomsdayClock - 05-15-2015

Come and meet the Doom Cat. He'd likely offer you a unique take on that situation, for sure. He is rather experienced in housing something from the void.....Evil

Also PM me and I can go over anything you want to talk about with how I've worked with a void demon in Rp. Will be glad to compare notes.