Hydaelyn Role-Players
Heavensward Site Updated- FRESH LORE - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Heavensward Site Updated- FRESH LORE (/showthread.php?tid=11772)

Pages: 1 2 3

Heavensward Site Updated- FRESH LORE - Steel Wolf - 05-26-2015

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/heavensward/#story_area

New updates to the site with some little information about characters, beasts, and regions of Ishgard.

It's not a feast, by any stretch...but we all like a taste, no?

RE: Heavensward Site Updated- FRESH LORE - Zelmanov - 05-26-2015

As an Ishgard nut, want to point out/expand/speculate:

Stated here, Ysale is leader of the heretics full stop. So all are rallied beneath her, not just a sect it seems.

Thordan VII: Thordan is the name of the man who led the people to Ishgard by Halone's guidance and was the one who was tossed into the sea of clouds by his men when Nidhogg sewed madness into them by sheer presence. This is the VIIth person to bear this legendary name, and most likely reserved for the popes. Possible confirmation that Thordan was Elezen (for those who care about race) and likely pronounced with a french accent (though I've been saying it as Thor Dan in my head).

Possible resolution of the DRG job quest with the fact Estinien went missing for a time after the climactic confrontation between him and the warrior of light, seems like its the classic japanese "beat the ever loving reason back into them" trope.

RE: Heavensward Site Updated- FRESH LORE - Telluride - 05-26-2015

(05-26-2015, 01:43 PM)Zelmanov Wrote: As an Ishgard nut, want to point out/expand/speculate:

Stated here, Ysale is leader of the heretics full stop. So all are rallied beneath her, not just a sect it seems.

Please, please, please, please SE... don't force the WoL (Woobie Of Lameness) to have to suck up to her without at least making her life unpleasant again for a moment... one more moment... please? PLEASE?

Yes, I am spoiled. RP People Problems.

Yes, it IS becoming a personal obsession of mine to see the WoL grow a spine. Just a teensy teensy spine. Or, at least let Alphinaud grow one! Even freaking CLOUD STRIFE finally got his moment of pounding the One Winged Monologue into paste.

RE: Heavensward Site Updated- FRESH LORE - Chris Ganale - 05-26-2015

I thought Ysale was possibly one of those well-intended extremist types that I like -looks sidelong at Chao- up until she went full-on cackling evil after tearing down the first ward of the Steps of Faith. Yes, your plan on stopping the Dragonsong War is to....let the whole goddamned horde into Ishgard where they can murderfuck the hell out of everyone and everything, including civilians and innocents, wholesale?

Nope, this calls for a kick in the [REDACTED].

RE: Heavensward Site Updated- FRESH LORE - Aaron - 05-26-2015

Mmmmmmmmmm that Bismarck primal though.

RE: Heavensward Site Updated- FRESH LORE - Telluride - 05-26-2015

(05-26-2015, 03:24 PM)Chris Ganale Wrote: I thought Ysale was possibly one of those well-intended extremist types that I like -looks sidelong at Chao- up until she went full-on cackling evil after tearing down the first ward of the Steps of Faith. Yes, your plan on stopping the Dragonsong War is to....let the whole goddamned horde into Ishgard where they can murderfuck the hell out of everyone and everything, including civilians and innocents, wholesale?

Nope, this calls for a kick in the [REDACTED].

Exactly.

If any part of this new story requires the WoL forgiving her YET AGAIN, without her having to suffer SOME sort of penitence, then some piece of computer hardware is gettin' tossed across my room when I see it.

RE: Heavensward Site Updated- FRESH LORE - Chris Ganale - 05-26-2015

(05-26-2015, 04:35 PM)Telluride Wrote: Exactly.

If any part of this new story requires the WoL forgiving her YET AGAIN, without her having to suffer SOME sort of penitence, then some piece of computer hardware is gettin' tossed across my room when I see it.

Most heartily agreed. I'm thinking out a window and into some dumbass storywriter's face.

RE: Heavensward Site Updated- FRESH LORE - X'nath - 05-28-2015

Guys....

Show Content

RE: Heavensward Site Updated- FRESH LORE - Telluride - 05-28-2015

(05-28-2015, 11:27 AM)Xnath Wrote: Guys....

Show Content

We're the protagonist. It doesn't matter what claptrot that micronized twit spits out. He should still be sore from the hundreds of my arrows that stuck in him and BEAT HIM IN COMBAT. Nyah.

RE: Heavensward Site Updated- FRESH LORE - X'nath - 05-28-2015

(05-28-2015, 11:30 AM)Telluride Wrote:
(05-28-2015, 11:27 AM)X Wrote: Guys....

Show Content

We're the protagonist. It doesn't matter what claptrot that micronized twit spits out. He should still be sore from the hundreds of my arrows that stuck in him and BEAT HIM IN COMBAT. Nyah.

My sides.. they hurt so much from reading this XD

I'm pretty sure it's a good thing we can't make live choices to shape this story. Can you imagine how screwed most places would be? I'd personally let Ysale go crazy over them. But, Dragonsong did show more of her, so maybe there's reasons she needed to get into Ishgard to stop it? 

Act as middle man between dragons and the elezen?

RE: Heavensward Site Updated- FRESH LORE - OttoVann - 05-28-2015

Damn this expansion is still unappealing to me for anything RP related.

RE: Heavensward Site Updated- FRESH LORE - Aaron - 05-28-2015

Otto you'd be the richest bitch in game selling airships out your new airship company.

RE: Heavensward Site Updated- FRESH LORE - Gegenji - 05-28-2015

(05-28-2015, 12:26 PM)Aaron Wrote: Otto you'd be the richest bitch in game selling airships out your new airship company.

He's a goldsmith/fashion designer by trade. Obviously he doesn't make money making airships. He makes money pimping them out with sweet bling and style.

RE: Heavensward Site Updated- FRESH LORE - Chris Ganale - 05-28-2015

If we got to make live story choices, 2.55 would've had a very different ending.

And I may have wound up in charge of Ul'dah via the old "you toppled what passed for government, you're responsible for it now" adage.

Regarding Iceheart, there never would've been a Shiva trial because she'd not have made it to that aetheryte at the end of Snowcloak.

RE: Heavensward Site Updated- FRESH LORE - Telluride - 05-28-2015

(05-28-2015, 02:49 PM)Chris Ganale Wrote: If we got to make live story choices, 2.55 would've had a very different ending.

And I may have wound up in charge of Ul'dah via the old "you toppled what passed for government, you're responsible for it now" adage.

Regarding Iceheart, there never would've been a Shiva trial because she'd not have made it to that aetheryte at the end of Snowcloak.

Yuuuuuuuuuuup.

"I'm sorry, heretics - your Ice Princess is in another... afterlife."

Add that a certain Uldah resident would still be completely hale because my WoL isn't afraid of some blue coated scrub.

[Samuel L. Jackson Mode]

"Ooooh, I get it. You think... you think you're good with that cute little sword. Huh. Funny story. I was tearing off Titan's grundies, stuffing them up Ifrit's backside, and ripping Garuda's tailfeathers off and stabbing Leviathan in his briny eyeball with them, while you were busy taking bribes and being a third-rate tool. Oh, sorry, no, too late. This confrontation ends only one way, and that's with you leaking blood like, oh, the Garlean commanders, whom I also took down like b****es. Please look forward to it."