Hydaelyn Role-Players
HW EU Press Event - Translation - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: HW EU Press Event - Translation (/showthread.php?tid=11781)

HW EU Press Event - Translation - Melkire - 05-26-2015

New translation of a press event from last week with Heavensward details. Apparently they had press keeping quiet about this until today.

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/125683-Famitsu-Interview-Translation-EU-Heavensward-Press-Event-5-18-5-20

RE: HW EU Press Event - Translation - allgivenover - 05-26-2015

Quote:Yoshida: In A Realm Reborn it was actually set up so you could level up to about level 42 from experience from quests alone, and supplement that experience with other experience from things like dungeons and FATEs past that. This won't be any different this time around. The experience from the main scenario will be a bit short of what you need, so you'll need to try some FATEs along the way, or try out the new dungeons where you can earn experience along with obtaining new stronger equipment, or go exploring for hidden locations in the exploration log. The level of your first job will advance through the main quest, and subsequent jobs will be easier to level by other methods due to the Armoury bonus. So the best way to level will be to get to 60 first with one job so that your other jobs can gain experience more quickly, so your first goal for leveling should be to get your main job to level 60.

Ah crap, I forgot about the armory bonus too since it's been so long. Looks like I'll just get WHM to 60 first before leveling AST.

RE: HW EU Press Event - Translation - Edgar - 05-26-2015

The armory-what?

...Oh god. I forgot about that thing!

It's nice to know it still applies!

RE: HW EU Press Event - Translation - Kellach Woods - 05-26-2015

It sounds like they didn't really touch it - just saying "hey look this thing exists still."

Change in roulettes :

Duty Roulette : Main Story
Includes everything Normal Mode and Heavensward

Duty Roulette : Hard
Includes every Level 50 dungeon

Duty Roulette : Expert
Heavensward exclusive

All content is separated in two categories : ARR and Heavensward

Coil team confirmed working on Alexander - Divebombs incoming.

I am not liking this one bit, no mention of what will new characters have to go through and if there'll be any palliating problems with the lack of people doing non-HW dungeons at 50.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAND THE BIG ONE

"Crafting materials are a big one, especially rare craft items, so I think crafters will want to progress with that."

and with that non-FC crafters have been fucked over. Thank you based Yoshida.

RE: HW EU Press Event - Translation - Erik Mynhier - 05-26-2015

Quote:At the Eorzea Cafe tasting event, one topic that was discussed were "replicas," so can you tell us again about these regarding Zodiac weapons?

Yoshida: Although the Zodiac Weapons have evolved to Zeta form, there were a large number of stages with different effects up to there and comments from many people who liked some of the effects of the middle stages better than those of Zeta. Because the previous item is taken away as you continue through the stages of the Zodiac weapons, we got a lot of feedback from players who wanted to stick with one of the earlier appearances. Since Gerolt has been involved throughout the creation of the Zodiac Weapons, he remembers the forms and appearances of the old weapons, so he'll be able to prepare replicas for those who have completed the Zetas.

So it's like a gift to people who have reached the Zeta stage.

Yoshida: That's right. You'll be able to buy your favorite look from Gerolt's shop and you can apply it with glamour prisms.

I wonder/hope this includes the proto-version. I freaking loved the proto-PLD relic, so plane and real looking.

RE: HW EU Press Event - Translation - Kellach Woods - 05-26-2015

It probably will. They're fairly thorough when it comes to these things.

RE: HW EU Press Event - Translation - Steel Wolf - 05-27-2015

Y'know I was kinda-sorta hoping that there would be some 30 to 50 stuff in Ishgard for me to level my DRK in the new region...but now that I consider it? This works to my RP benefit. Some time away from Ishgard to consider what Steel is choosing to become and some training to grow into her new skin....

....means I'll behind the meta curve in terms of experience of dungeons...but then again, I'll just invoke my Tanker's Privilege. XD

RE: HW EU Press Event - Translation - Telluride - 05-27-2015

So, the new item levels will take us up to 170.

Item. Level. 170. 170. 1.7.0.

Well, then.

I still ain't grinding no stupid relic weapons.

RE: HW EU Press Event - Translation - Aduu Avagnar - 05-27-2015

(05-26-2015, 09:47 PM)Kellach Woods Wrote: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAND THE BIG ONE

"Crafting materials are a big one, especially rare craft items, so I think crafters will want to progress with that."

I wouldn't say they've been fucked over.... Why do you need to be in an FC to level a gatherer?

RE: HW EU Press Event - Translation - Telluride - 05-27-2015

(05-27-2015, 10:42 AM)Nakoli Chalahko Wrote:

I wouldn't say they've been fucked over.... Why do you need to be in an FC to level a gatherer?

You don't, but speaking as a miner who's kinda stuck on progress until he can afford to pay multiple millions of gil for the gear just to be to mine anything higher than a 1-star node, try leveling a gatherer WITHOUT friend/FC support. It can be done, but once you hit that Top Tier Gear wall... ouch.

The gear economy is already kinda wretched for anything significantly above level 50, so yeah, I can see a lot of screwiness until all the new stuff gets figured out.

RE: HW EU Press Event - Translation - Aduu Avagnar - 05-27-2015

(05-27-2015, 10:49 AM)Telluride Wrote:
(05-27-2015, 10:42 AM)Nako Wrote:

You don't, but speaking as a miner who's kinda stuck on progress until he can afford to pay multiple millions of gil for the gear just to be to mine anything higher than a 1-star node, try leveling a gatherer WITHOUT friend/FC support. It can be done, but once you hit that Top Tier Gear wall... ouch.

The gear economy is already kinda wretched for anything significantly above level 50, so yeah, I can see a lot of screwiness until all the new stuff gets figured out.
I have leveled a Gatherer without Friend/FC support. In fact I leveled all 3 of the gathering classes without it. And the only thing I got friends to do was leve items for crafters, but again, most of that was done off my own back.

Just takes a little bit longer is all. And you don't need to spend millions of gil on anything. Go spiritbond. It's what most of us poor people who managed it did.