Hydaelyn Role-Players
PCGameN Info - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: PCGameN Info (/showthread.php?tid=11783)

PCGameN Info - Erik Mynhier - 05-26-2015

All the tank stuff is so sexy.

Details of new attacts

RE: PCGameN Info - Fox - 05-26-2015

I'm actually really surprised that THM isn't involved with DRK, considering involvement with MP and darker attributes. But eh, not surprising at the same time that it will draw actions from PLD/MRD I expected at least MRD.

RE: PCGameN Info - Erik Mynhier - 05-26-2015

(05-26-2015, 10:26 PM)Foxberry Wrote: I'm actually really surprised that THM isn't involved with DRK, considering involvement with MP and darker attributes. But eh, not surprising at the same time that it will draw actions from PLD/MRD I expected at least MRD.

IKR!!! I've been leveling THM because I thought I had to, reading that I didn't I converted my gear and chucked the soulstone into the river.

I HATE DPS!
[Image: latest?cb=20110920231941]

RE: PCGameN Info - Fox - 05-26-2015

(05-26-2015, 11:08 PM)Erik Mynhier Wrote: IKR!!! I've been leveling THM because I thought I had to, reading that I didn't I converted my gear and chucked the soulstone into the river.

D: Me too! I was leveling my to-be au ra as a THM. ._.;
Well at least I know now so sometime I guess I'll be a BLM... Time to go level MRD!
Still that sucks.

RE: PCGameN Info - Steel Wolf - 05-27-2015

---The following is live reaction to the abilities---

"Living Dead" is probably one of the SINGLE. COOLEST. "Oh shit" buttons I have ever heard of in any MMO ever. So ready. SO. READY. GIMME! GIMME NAAAAAOOW!

Wow, okay, Monks get a Kamehameha attack. Awesome. And I just can't help but think that a certain burly buff Monk in these very forums is delighted about the Chakra stacks.

Interesting, so Fire/Blizz IV require the appropriate stance....so as I understand how high level BLM'ing operates, suddenly Transpose is back into the rotation? Or perhaps the IV's augment the standard rotation instead of being spammed while under Enochian. Lots of interesting possibilities here...*chinrub*

Wow, the turrets sound WAY cooler than I had expected. Switching them out based on need/situation is kind of amazing, if I'm honest. Really cool tactical twist.

I wonder if Aether stacks will outright replace Egis...like instead of summoning a full, huge critter the Summoner instead enters a trance state that will enable the Summoner to unleash new attacks based on whom they're invoking. Could open up the new Egis without making pets. But then why design a Glamour system? ...bah, I'm talking out my ass.

Depending on MP cost and cooldown, Assize will become the new Holy spam! XD

CNJ/THM side jobs for Astrologian, huh? Wasn't expecting that one...interesting. And FINALLY the whole cards drawing thing becomes a little more crystal to me, though the cooldowns on the skills that lets one change cards is a bit disappointing. Not sure I would want to play a character that is a slave to the RNG Daemons. Still...REAL interesting....

Airshiiiiips....

RE: PCGameN Info - mongi291 - 05-27-2015

Quote:> Soul Eater - HP Drain when under the effect of Dark Arts

Yesssssss.

EDIT: Nvm, I just realized it's a weaponskill and drains the target's HP. I thought it was the classical, suicidal Souleater.

RE: PCGameN Info - Aduu Avagnar - 05-27-2015

(05-26-2015, 10:26 PM)Foxberry Wrote: I'm actually really surprised that THM isn't involved with DRK, considering involvement with MP and darker attributes. But eh, not surprising at the same time that it will draw actions from PLD/MRD I expected at least MRD.
It makes zero sense to use THM from a mechanics standpoint. The only Cross Class skills of any use from it are to do with Cast times, and as a Melee class, especially as a tank, it is doubtful that it would use cast times.

RE: PCGameN Info - mongi291 - 05-28-2015

Btw Monk feels a bit overpowered. Tornado Kick, a 500 potency attack with a 60 seconds cooldown? Sure, it removes GL3, but considering Greased Lightning, Twin Snakes and Dragon Kick, which should be all up 100% of the time, and not even accounting for other buffs, it should be the strongest attack in the game. And I haven't even talked about Forbidden Chakra, 400 potency but doesn't drop GL3, and Elixir Drive, 300 AoE potency, doesn't remove GL3 either, and IT'S A FUCKING KAMEHAMEHA. I don't even like Dragon Ball but I'm hyped.

RE: PCGameN Info - Kellach Woods - 05-28-2015

The drawbacks will be in cooldowns most likely. I doubt you can spam those the way you can, say, Holy.

RE: PCGameN Info - Fox - 05-28-2015

(05-27-2015, 10:45 AM)Nakoli Chalahko Wrote:
It makes zero sense to use THM from a mechanics standpoint. The only Cross Class skills of any use from it are to do with Cast times, and as a Melee class, especially as a tank, it is doubtful that it would use cast times.

Except in XI there was use of Black Magic with Dark Knights. The fact that they also were originally thought to heavily use MP, yes it makes sense to an extent. I'm not the only one who thought this. And I'm certainly not going to argue over it on forums as it was merely a hypothesis at the time.

RE: PCGameN Info - mongi291 - 05-28-2015

(05-28-2015, 06:45 AM)Kellach Woods Wrote: The drawbacks will be in cooldowns most likely. I doubt you can spam those the way you can, say, Holy.
Well, it's likely for Forbidden Chakra and Elixir Drive. Tornado Kick is already confirmed as a 60 seconds CD though.
Anyway I realized we don't know SMN's Deathflare and BLM's Fire IV potency, and considering that they said SMN was getting some more burst damage, and BLM is all about burst damage, I think they'll be just as strong if not even stronger than Tornado Kick.

RE: PCGameN Info - Aduu Avagnar - 05-28-2015

(05-28-2015, 06:49 AM)Foxberry Wrote:
(05-27-2015, 10:45 AM)Nako Wrote:

Except in XI there was use of Black Magic with Dark Knights. The fact that they also were originally thought to heavily use MP, yes it makes sense to an extent. I'm not the only one who thought this. And I'm certainly not going to argue over it on forums as it was merely a hypothesis at the time.
It's not an argument, merely a discussion....

and use mp isn't the same as cast a spell. Given that the XI sustem is seperate from XIV's distinct armoury system, it makes no sense withing XIV for it, despite it making some sense in XI

RE: PCGameN Info - Fox - 05-28-2015

(05-28-2015, 08:31 AM)Nakoli Chalahko Wrote: It's not an argument, merely a discussion....

and use mp isn't the same as cast a spell. Given that the XI sustem is seperate from XIV's distinct armoury system, it makes no sense withing XIV for it, despite it making some sense in XI

The argument/debate/discussion matters little to me because the end result is the same it's MRD/PLD and I'm fine with that. I just have no desire to discuss something that's already at an end point. I've also found myself uninterested in debates on these forums.

However I will say- to me, it does make sense because PLD has the CNJ cross over and they have capabilities to use Cure. Granted most every class does. Though SE could have chosen to use Scathe for example or other THM abilities such as Blizzard. But they have not chosen to do this, so it is moot point.

It does make sense to me in that case. WHM/CNJ used to be able to use some damaging abilities besides Blizzard II as well. I forget which it was right off hand. But regardless of that; WHM/CNJ can use Blizz II. Either way, it was pure speculation. It was also my opinion and was plausible in that sense.

In any case I'm done discussing it because I do not wish to derail Erik's thread further and it doesn't matter as they've decided to go with MRD/PLD and as I've said I am just fine with it.

RE: PCGameN Info - TheLastCandle - 05-28-2015

So ready for DRK. And by the sounds of things, it looks as though I won't be completely Abandoning (huehue) WAR any time soon, because the new stance and added complexity sounds like music to my ears.

Also, jeez, finally reason for PLDs to use that Riot Blade combo. :S