Hydaelyn Role-Players
The next Au'ra Question - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: The next Au'ra Question (/showthread.php?tid=11799)

Pages: 1 2 3

The next Au'ra Question - Seye Qhesu - 05-28-2015

Age!

How do you think they age? From the Dawn Father and the Dusk Mother and the fact they are said to be demon in origin and not Dragon, how do you think they age? Normal? Half? Maybe more?

Lets talk.

RE: The next Au'ra Question - Fox - 05-28-2015

Probably not much longer than Elezen if that is the case, they seem to keep even the elves on the lower side.

RE: The next Au'ra Question - Seye Qhesu - 05-28-2015

(05-28-2015, 12:54 AM)Foxberry Wrote: Probably not much longer than Elezen if that is the case, they seem to keep even the elves on the lower side.
I believe the same. I do not see them out aging Elezen even with their said bloodline.

RE: The next Au'ra Question - Harmonixer - 05-28-2015

Xaela will likely have shorter lifespans due to lifestyle choices I'm guessing.

Raen however might fare a lot better.

I can't imagine either living much longer than the other races.

RE: The next Au'ra Question - shotgunbadger - 05-28-2015

I imagine they have elf lifespans, long, but not ancient.

RE: The next Au'ra Question - Unnamed Mercenary - 05-28-2015

Assuming SE doesn't go completely crazy with Au Ra, they'll probably live about as long as all the other races of allowed to love out their lives and die of old age.

Pre-Au Ra, SE said this was about 100, with Elezen living "a little longer and having a longer time for puberty".

...so about 120-ish, if I'm remembering the Vegas fanfest.

There have been a couple odd cases of people living hundreds of years, but that wasn't because of racial traits. It was from very powerful black magic (which yes, is basically world-powered thaumaturgy and could be used to accomplish the task by the best of the best).

Keeping in mind their bloodline, I want to say normal age expectancy but with what they are I can see alot of racial and uncalled for hate which may get them killed..and xaela traveling. I don't see them living as long but aging maybe 1.5 the normal rate?

RE: The next Au'ra Question - allgivenover - 05-28-2015

I'd assume it's a "normal" life span unless SE states otherwise.

(05-28-2015, 09:39 AM)Brianna Dunham Wrote: I don't see them living as long but aging maybe 1.5 the normal rate?

What are you basing this on? I can definitely see Xaela not living as long due to the warlike nature, but where did aging 1.5 times faster come from?

RE: The next Au'ra Question - Gegenji - 05-28-2015

(05-28-2015, 10:03 AM)allgivenover Wrote:
(05-28-2015, 09:39 AM)Brianna Dunham Wrote: I don't see them living as long but aging maybe 1.5 the normal rate?

What are you basing this on? I can definitely see Xaela not living as long due to the warlike nature, but where did aging 1.5 times faster come from?

I could understand having to mentally mature faster due to being in a warlike environment and they'd need every able-bodied warrior on call... and possibly even physically mature a bit earlier due to it if such a lifestyle has been going on long enough for natural selection to favor earlier onset puberty and whatnot... but the actual rate of overall aging being faster wouldn't make much sense. More physical/mental wear and tear (and possible mortality rates) from stress and the rigors of combat, yes, but I would find it difficult to believe that they would somehow age faster and dying sooner.

... Especially considering they're supposed to be part demon/dragon/whatever, and both voidsent and dragons - from what we have seen - are remarkably long-lived.

RE: The next Au'ra Question - Arik - 05-28-2015

Frankly, I hope the Au Ra lore isn't much more 'fantastic' compared to the other races-- Aging tendencies included. o: Can't say I'm really one to want too much emphasis on any bizarre or unworldly bloodlines-- just gimme a bunch of strangers/natives from a foreign land who are otherwise 'normal' (if, sure, a little rare maybe) in their homeland. (That isn't to say anyone here was arguing for 'fantastic' lore-- I've just seen a lot of over-the-top speculation on other forums.)

Granted, I don't have much to base any of this on since I've yet to see much of their lore yet. So this is more in line with the optimal picture in my head and the fact that we haven't been told much to the contrary yet save for the fact that they are more Demonic in nature than Dragonic. 

By said logic, I'm biased in my assumption/hope that they will age at a similar rate to any other race. If anything, I agree with the previous comments-- especially in regards to the Xaela-- a more warlike, tribal culture like them may very well die relatively young. There may even be something of an 'honorable death' to be had, socially speaking, in a man perishing in battle while still young.

Gods know my Xaela will likely have a pretty short lifespan expectancy-- though it'll be more to do with poor life choices in his case, I think. c;

The 1.5  is slower aging not faster..so they would live longer. This a guess since SE stated they are demon rather then dragon. Of course this is my idea of their aging process being pulled from other games where half breeds are involved.  This is nothing in stone and only a thought, which is why I wanted to bring this topic at hand so something can be properly brainstormed on their age while we wait for SE to release information.

(05-28-2015, 12:35 PM)Brianna Dunham Wrote:

The 1.5  is slower aging not faster..so they would live longer. This a guess since SE stated they are demon rather then dragon. Of course this is my idea of their aging process being pulled from other games where half breeds are involved.  This is nothing in stone and only a thought, which is why I wanted to bring this topic at hand so something can be properly brainstormed on their age while we wait for SE to release information.

You're going about your expressions oddly is all. 1.5 the normal rate would be the normal rate and half again as fast (for example 10 x 1.5 = 15). If you meant it to be slower you'd want to say 0.5 the normal rate or something. 

As for your aging speculation, what happens in other games has ZERO bearing on the lore here. Additionally Au Ra are their own distinct race and not a half-breed. 

I wouldn't hold your breath about SE releasing that much detail about racial biology. We actually have no word from them on how long any race lives other than Elezen and Lalafell being longer lived. 

I get that you're wanting to speculate but try not present it as brainstorming to fill lore gaps that may never ever be filled on SE's part. We don't get to decide the lore, we just interpret it.

(05-28-2015, 01:13 PM)allgivenover Wrote:
(05-28-2015, 12:35 PM)Brianna Dunham Wrote:

You're going about your expressions oddly is all. 1.5 the normal rate would be the normal rate and half again as fast (for example 10 x 1.5 = 15). If you meant it to be slower you'd want to say 0.5 the normal rate or something. 

As for your aging speculation, what happens in other games has ZERO bearing on the lore here. Additionally Au Ra are their own distinct race and not a half-breed. 

I wouldn't hold your breath about SE releasing that much detail about racial biology. We actually have no word from them on how long any race lives other than Elezen and Lalafell being longer lived. 

I get that you're wanting to speculate but try not present it as brainstorming to fill lore gaps that may never ever be filled on SE's part. We don't get to decide the lore, we just interpret it.
Yeah...don't mind my expressions. Used to talk as a slower rate then times. Even with au ra being their own race they are still demonic per SE which makes this fun to discuss.  Hopefully however no one takes this as a means to rp a succubus.

RE: The next Au'ra Question - Siha - 05-28-2015

Are they actually demonic? I thought that SE just said they had a demonic motif? I wasn't aware they'd actually said they were related to voidsent and such. If so I missed things and I am sorry for asking a dumb question. Angry