Hydaelyn Role-Players
New arrival to FFXIV! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: New arrival to FFXIV! (/showthread.php?tid=11853)

New arrival to FFXIV! - Jayce Hopper - 05-31-2015

Hello people of Eorzea!

I'm so excited to be hopping on this wagon and as of this moment I am patiently awaiting Balmung to open, with that said I guess I'll do a bit of an intro.

I have experience in RP but more on forum site's than anything else, I spent some time on Tera, a little on GW2 and an attempt on Archeage but alas there was little to be found.

As for FFXIV lore I must admit to knowing little, however that is something I hope to remedy quite quickly. I would appreciate tips on good starting subjects or even just some interesting reading.

All in all I can't wait to get active and start interacting with the community!

RE: New arrival to FFXIV! - Faye - 05-31-2015

Hello there and welcome, good luck getting onto Balmung! It's nice to see another TERA person!

RE: New arrival to FFXIV! - Blythe - 05-31-2015

Hello there, J! Welcome to the RPC and to FFXIV. Balmung's best time is usually around 7 AM EST (6 AM CST) if you are in the United States. It's kind of a wonky time, but it's usually your best bet. 

And don't worry. I actually am in your same predicament. Very used to forum RP and not so much in MMOs. But everyone here is very friendly and you shouldn't have any problems getting pulled into the RP here. : D

RE: New arrival to FFXIV! - Jayce Hopper - 06-02-2015

So I have managed to make it on to Balmung (thanks mostly to patience and a lack of sleep) and I am excited to get going! However with that said I am having a bit of trouble finding my way around. Just a quick bit of browsing brought so many awesome resource's and tools in regards to Character Development, so much that I have no idea where to start. So my first question which will most definitely spiral into a million is where do I start?
-Also is there a place for posting question threads or should I just continue here?

RE: New arrival to FFXIV! - Nebbs - 06-02-2015

You could continue here and people can point you to the info. If you want a group to ask such things in game then take a look at the Hugs and Cake linkshell (link in my SIG) we have folks from beginners to veteran all in a nice place... and ofc cake.

RE: New arrival to FFXIV! - Mountie - 06-04-2015

(06-02-2015, 02:51 AM)Nebbs Wrote: You could continue here and people can point you to the info. If you want a group to ask such things in game then take a look at the Hugs and Cake linkshell (link in my SIG) we have folks from beginners to veteran all in a nice place... and ofc cake.
Wait a second! There is actually cake in there?! What have I been doing with my life! Shambles I cry, mere shambles in comparison to the joys that I could beseeched from such channel <dies>

Er... yes, you should join that channel...