Hydaelyn Role-Players
AFTER 37 YEARS......! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: AFTER 37 YEARS......! (/showthread.php?tid=11941)

AFTER 37 YEARS......! - Yunas13 - 06-06-2015

.....WE FINALLY HAVE A TRIPLE CROWN WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Triple Crown Winner? What is that? I'LL TELL YOU! A Triple Crown Winner is a horse that can win the Kentucky Derby, the Preakness, and the Belmont Stakes, which are 3 races that are ran in a span of 5 weeks. Each longer than the last and pretty much IMPOSSIBLE to achieve.

Our last winner, Affirmed, won in 1978, that is 37 YEARS AGO! 32 horses have tried and number 32, American Pharoah, achieved the impossible. Big Grin

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/06/us/belmont-stakes-american-pharoah/index.html

The Triple Crown is the most challenging, rare, and impossible title to get in the ENTIRE SPORTS Industry!

I can't explain how excited I am to be able to witness history that was in the making today. I didn't think we would ever live to see another and I am so proud!

RE: AFTER 37 YEARS......! - Aduu Avagnar - 06-06-2015

(06-06-2015, 11:22 PM)Yunas13 Wrote: .....WE FINALLY HAVE A TRIPLE CROWN WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Triple Crown Winner? What is that? I'LL TELL YOU! A Triple Crown Winner is a horse that can win the Kentucky Derby, the Preakness, and the Belmont Stakes, which are 3 races that are ran in a span of 5 weeks. Each longer than the last and pretty much IMPOSSIBLE to achieve.

Our last winner, Affirmed, won in 1978, that is 37 YEARS AGO! 32 horses have tried and number 32, American Pharoah, achieved the impossible. Big Grin

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/06/us/belmont-stakes-american-pharoah/index.html

The Triple Crown is the most challenging, rare, and impossible title to get in the ENTIRE SPORTS Industry!

I can't explain how excited I am to be able to witness history that was in the making today. I didn't think we would ever live to see another and I am so proud!
While I am incredibly glad you find it an amazing thing, I feel compeled to point out that it did not in fact, achieve the impossible, given a horse did it 37 years ago Wink

however, woo! horses! racing! woo!

RE: AFTER 37 YEARS......! - Blue - 06-07-2015

As a former horse trainer, I know what a big deal this is, and I congratulate with the US! Looking for ward to Pharoah's future performances! There's another animal they're certainly going to try and clone.

RE: AFTER 37 YEARS......! - Arter Wood - 06-07-2015

(06-06-2015, 11:38 PM)Nako Wrote: While I am incredibly glad you find it an amazing thing, I feel compeled to point out that it did not in fact, achieve the impossible, given a horse did it 37 years ago Wink

however, woo! horses! racing! woo!
[Image: monkey_school_nurse.gif]

I remember going out at night with my grandpa to the horse racing. Good times.

RE: AFTER 37 YEARS......! - LiadansWhisper - 06-07-2015

I saw that and literally squealed!  IT'S SO COOL!

We need another Secretariat.

RE: AFTER 37 YEARS......! - Blue - 06-07-2015

We should appeal to SE for Elemental Ponies/Unicorn/Sleipnir/Warsteeds races at Gold Saucer to celebrate!

RE: AFTER 37 YEARS......! - Yunas13 - 06-07-2015

OOH! I love that idea! ^^ If I can ever get an elemental pony, I'm already coming up with names!

Wind Pony-Silver Charm (named after the first horse who got me into the Triple Crown)
Fire Pony-Man O War or Secretariat
Earth Pony-American Pharoah, OF COURSE!
Water Pony-??
Lightning Pony-??
Ice Pony-??
Kirin-??

RE: AFTER 37 YEARS......! - Yunas13 - 06-10-2015

Awww. Why is this amazing feat starting to go down after I post!SadCry

No no, not good! Did anyone else see the races? What did you think!?

I honestly thought I would never see another Triple Crown happen and thought it couldn't be done. I missed watching the Kentucky Derby and Preakness but I did see the Belmont. When I watched, I got the sense of deja vu as I watched Pharoah pulling away from the pack. I've been researching the Triple Crown since 1997 and I know about all 11 horses who had won and seen many clips of each of their races. The feeling felt so much like seeing Secretariat run his race in 1973. I know Pharoah didn't win by the margin that Secretariat did but it looked like he could of gotten a bigger lead if he had more time to run. Smile

RE: AFTER 37 YEARS......! - LiadansWhisper - 06-10-2015

(06-10-2015, 02:20 AM)Yunas13 Wrote: Awww. Why is this amazing feat starting to go down after I post!SadCry

No no, not good! Did anyone else see the races? What did you think!?

I honestly thought I would never see another Triple Crown happen and thought it couldn't be done. I missed watching the Kentucky Derby and Preakness but I did see the Belmont. When I watched, I got the sense of deja vu as I watched Pharoah pulling away from the pack. I've been researching the Triple Crown since 1997 and I know about all 11 horses who had won and seen many clips of each of their races. The feeling felt so much like seeing Secretariat run his race in 1973. I know Pharoah didn't win by the margin that Secretariat did but it looked like he could of gotten a bigger lead if he had more time to run. Smile

He actually ran the last 1/4 of the race faster than Secretariat, and his total time was only two seconds slower than Secretariat's time.

RE: AFTER 37 YEARS......! - Zhavi - 06-10-2015

I remember when I was growing up I'd always check the paper to see if there'd been a winner, and was always hugely disappointed whenever the favorites lost. While I grew out of my horse obsession, it made me really happy when I saw that headline in the news.

RE: AFTER 37 YEARS......! - LiadansWhisper - 06-10-2015

(06-10-2015, 03:23 PM)Zhavi Wrote: I remember when I was growing up I'd always check the paper to see if there'd been a winner, and was always hugely disappointed whenever the favorites lost.  While I grew out of my horse obsession, it made me really happy when I saw that headline in the news.

I was in line at the burger place near my work and I actually did a little dance and squeed when I heard.  Blush

RE: AFTER 37 YEARS......! - Qhora Bajihri - 06-10-2015

I actually had to look up if they spelled "Pharaoh" wrong on purpose. They did not, but it's stuck like that anyway.

And then his name was "misspelled"... to the correct spelling of the actual word... on his Triple Crown blanket. I know horses can't read, but I'd find that constantly distracting if I were the owner. Apparently they've reserved both spellings so no other horses get the name in the future.

Amazing achievement, little horse named by the internet generation!