Hydaelyn Role-Players
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (/showthread.php?tid=11967)

Pages: 1 2 3

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - Viola - 06-08-2015

Might be in the wrong off-topic section. Sorry if that's the case.

now to the point.

For those of you here that have played Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Order of Ecclesia, Portrait of Ruin, Dawn or Aria of Sorrow, Harmony of Dissonance or Circle of the Moon, you may know thise name well; Koji Igurashi, AKA IGA.

He is the man we know as "The father of Metroidvania". Well, he's making a new game, and the name of it is in the title.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night

I am simply ecstatic for this game. Out of IGA's works, my favorite is without a doubt Order of Ecclesia, though I have played almost every Castlevania to date (My favorite of the series being Castlevania: Bloodlines. New Generation for the EU people). Right now it's over $3.5 million and I'm so glad it has been so wildly successful.

There are four days left to the kickstarter, and if I had the money, I'd definitely give IGA a good donation; He's brought some of the best (and most consistent, quality wise) games to date and I'm almost certain Bloodstained will be another masterpiece.

Feel free to pledge, feel free not to. If you're interested, at least keep an eye on it.

RE: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - ProvaDiServo - 06-08-2015

Can't wait, been on this hype train from the start

My only problem is the Shanoa inspiration.

Fuck Shanoa.

RE: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - allgivenover - 06-08-2015

(06-08-2015, 01:59 PM)ProvaDiServo Wrote: Can't wait, been on this hype train from the start

Fuck Shanoa.

What's wrong with Shanoa? She was awesome. OoE is the best after Symphony in my mind.

RE: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - Viola - 06-08-2015

(06-08-2015, 02:08 PM)allgivenover Wrote:
(06-08-2015, 01:59 PM)ProvaDiServo Wrote: Can't wait, been on this hype train from the start

Fuck Shanoa.

What's wrong with Shanoa? She was awesome. OoE is the best after Symphony in my mind.
Whoa, who speaks heresy against Shanoa?

Don't talk bad about my castlevania waifu, please. ('-' )

Amusingly enough, she's actually the single most powerful character in the series.

RE: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - Manari - 06-08-2015

My favorite part of the entire kickstarter page is the Q&A section. There's a question that asks:

Q: What is a backer?

A: A wonderful little pile of sweetness!

RE: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - ProvaDiServo - 06-08-2015

Fuck Shanoa.

Never been a character I could respect, Also castlevania Judgement may have made that relationship even worse. Would sooner show love to Sonia belmont

Quote:ProvaDiServo
Never been a character I could respect, Also castlevania Judgement may have made that relationship even worse. Would sooner show love to Sonia belmont

We don't speak of that abomination, Sir/Ma'am.

it doesn't exist.

(06-08-2015, 02:26 PM)ProvaDiServo Wrote:

Fuck Shanoa.

Whoa whoa, you're actually acknowledging that Judgement exists? What is wrong with you!?

I think Judgement is more fun than either of those last two 3D Castlevania games they made. You know, the ones that should have been called Shadow of the God of War-vania?

We'll just have to disagree there, while Lord of Shadows was an ok God of War clone that wasn't my cup of tea, at least it wasn't the shit that Judgement was.

I can't agree with that. Judgement was a terrible fighting game to be sure. But at least it paid respect to the classic Castlevania characters and setting. Lord of Shadows completely throws away everything Castlevania is and reboots the series into a really generic and boring game with a drab storyline that wasn't any better than the simplistic NES games story.

IGA has the right idea. Some games do not transfer to 3D well. Some games are just more fun in 2D. Evolve the series in a Igavania style. Do not rip away what Castlevania is at its core and force it into a boring 3D hack and slash God of War clone.

IIRC, Lords of Shadow isn't a reboot. (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. My memory isn't the greatest thing in the world.)

While I agree Judgement is garbage for a game, I do not agree with it staying true to the characters.

Light Yagami was Simon Belmont, Misa Misa was Maria Renard and Shanoa was a nun.

>Shanoa
>Nun

Yeah, no. She wasn't part of the church, and as such, I consider the game an abomination.

RE: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - Melkire - 06-08-2015

Pledged a couple weeks ago. Eagerly read every update email they send out (which is quite often!) and I'm on the edge of my seat. Can't wait to get my hands on my digital copy, so to speak.

IGA IS BACK

RE: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - Hammersmith - 06-08-2015

(06-08-2015, 03:58 PM)Memenu Wrote: IIRC, Lords of Shadow isn't a reboot. (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. My memory isn't the greatest thing in the world.)

While I agree Judgement is garbage for a game, I do not agree with it staying true to the characters.

Light Yagami was Simon Belmont, Misa Misa was Maria Renard and Shanoa was a nun.

>Shanoa
>Nun

Yeah, no. She wasn't part of the church, and as such, I consider the game an abomination.

LoS and LoS 2 were/are complete reboots with no ties to the original series.

Though, with that said, anyone who's saying the plot is thin on those needs to remove the rose-tinting because Plot has Rarely Been a Thing in Castlevania games.  See vampire, kill vampire.  The rise of Symphony started adding some RPG and "WHAT A TWIST" into it, but it's been fairly direct in "Kill the bad dude(s)" with a splash of "MY FAMILY BLOODLINE" and a side order of "IT WAS ME ALL THE LONG"

I love the games, to death, but they're not war and peace and vampires.

Also, let's face it; Symphony of the Night had some of the cheesiest voice acting in the series, despite being so good. The sad part is, I can recall the entire sequence between Richter and Dracula during the prologue.

Though with that said, I haven't played LoS and LoS2 to have a legitimate opinion on 'em other than "Castlevania mixed with god of war and a little bit of shadow of colossus."