Hydaelyn Role-Players
Square Enix Support Center - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Square Enix Support Center (/showthread.php?tid=12007)

Square Enix Support Center - Zhavi - 06-10-2015

Just um, out of curiosity, has anyone used Square Enix's support center email customer service, and if so how did it go?

I have an account issue and so far (after one failure) I am nervous about my chances for resolving it. I want someone to tell me it will all work out.

RE: Square Enix Support Center - Unnamed Mercenary - 06-10-2015

I've had a couple friends who lost their authenticators for one-time passwords.

They successfully contacted SE support and got things figured out.

If you pay for the game with a credit/debit card, make sure you have it handy, since they'll likely use it for verification.

RE: Square Enix Support Center - Seye Qhesu - 06-10-2015

(06-10-2015, 04:04 PM)Zhavi Wrote: Just um, out of curiosity, has anyone used Square Enix's support center email customer service, and if so how did it go?

I have an account issue and so far (after one failure) I am nervous about my chances for resolving it.  I want someone to tell me it will all work out.
My husband  did. They answered quick and issued a full refund. He had bought the exact with main game bundle and didn't realize he wouldn't be able to play until the xpac. He requested a refund and got it in 4 hours them bought his account  and xpac separate.

RE: Square Enix Support Center - Zhavi - 06-10-2015

Thanks for the quick replies!

Were these phone calls or through the email contact service?

RE: Square Enix Support Center - LiadansWhisper - 06-10-2015

(06-10-2015, 04:04 PM)Zhavi Wrote: Just um, out of curiosity, has anyone used Square Enix's support center email customer service, and if so how did it go?

I have an account issue and so far (after one failure) I am nervous about my chances for resolving it.  I want someone to tell me it will all work out.

They get back to you, but I've never had it actually solve any of my issues.  Whoever you speak to on the other end isn't always an English-as-a-first-language person, and a lot of the time they're just like, "Here's this number to call us, spend 4 hours on the phone trying to get help."

RE: Square Enix Support Center - Melkire - 06-10-2015

(06-10-2015, 04:32 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:

They get back to you, but I've never had it actually solve any of my issues.  Whoever you speak to on the other end isn't always an English-as-a-first-language person, and a lot of the time they're just like, "Here's this number to call us, spend 4 hours on the phone trying to get help."

Depends on the severity of the issue, I think, as well as which avenue you use to contact support.

I had to retrieve an account of mine once due to shenanigans that had resulted in my forgetting the password while my account was associated with a long-since-discarded email address. I managed to get a hold of a Square-Enix support agent via live chat and they fixed the issue for me once I proved my identity.

RE: Square Enix Support Center - Erik Mynhier - 06-10-2015

I have had to use them a few times and cannot say enough about them. Nothing like the horror stories I have heard.

RE: Square Enix Support Center - Seye Qhesu - 06-10-2015

Husband's issue was solved through email.

RE: Square Enix Support Center - Chris Ganale - 06-10-2015

The phone my authenticator token was on was destroyed, and they solved it through web chat real quick-like.

However, I have a friend whose account was RMT hacked and was permabanned, and despite providing numerous pieces of identification, including his own IP, when they had the completely other side of the world IP that had sent all the RMTs, they deemed "insufficient evidence" to support his being hacked and won't give him his account back.

Fortunately, he has another.

RE: Square Enix Support Center - mongi291 - 06-10-2015

I had to use it one time, when I got the dreaded error 406.
They couldn't do shit and I couldn't play for two months, before the error magically disappeared.

RE: Square Enix Support Center - Zhavi - 06-10-2015

(06-10-2015, 05:09 PM)Melkire Wrote:
(06-10-2015, 04:32 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:

Depends on the severity of the issue, I think, as well as which avenue you use to contact support.

I had to retrieve an account of mine once due to shenanigans that had resulted in my forgetting the password while my account was associated with a long-since-discarded email address. I managed to get a hold of a Square-Enix support agent via live chat and they fixed the issue for me once I proved my identity.

I... a chat service?? Somehow I missed that option -- I will look for that option if this new ticket doesn't pan out.

Thank you everyone! The last rep just ... pretty much ignored my explanation and flagged my ticket as fixed, so I was unsure if I could expect to go round in circles for the next several days or if that was a fluke and I just need to keep trying until I find a good rep who doesn't hate me. <3

RE: Square Enix Support Center - Melkire - 06-10-2015

(06-10-2015, 05:47 PM)Zhavi Wrote:
(06-10-2015, 05:09 PM)Melkire Wrote: I had to retrieve an account of mine once due to shenanigans that had resulted in my forgetting the password while my account was associated with a long-since-discarded email address. I managed to get a hold of a Square-Enix support agent via live chat and they fixed the issue for me once I proved my identity.

I... a chat service?? Somehow I missed that option -- I will look for that option if this new ticket doesn't pan out.

I'm not sure if it was an option. If I recall correctly, I filled out the forms on the support site, was emailed by the support agent, and at some point during the email chain they offered me a link that took me to a support chat window. I would try asking for that if you can get hold of another agent.

Good luck!

RE: Square Enix Support Center - LiadansWhisper - 06-10-2015

(06-10-2015, 05:09 PM)Melkire Wrote: Depends on the severity of the issue, I think, as well as which avenue you use to contact support.

The last time I used the service was well over a year ago, and it's entirely possible they've improved their customer service since then.  At the time, however, I was given the run around, and the issue was fairly severe so I was fairly pissed.  Sad

(06-10-2015, 05:47 PM)Zhavi Wrote: I... a chat service?? Somehow I missed that option -- I will look for that option if this new ticket doesn't pan out.

Thank you everyone!  The last rep just ... pretty much ignored my explanation and flagged my ticket as fixed, so I was unsure if I could expect to go round in circles for the next several days or if that was a fluke and I just need to keep trying until I find a good rep who doesn't hate me.  <3

yeah I had something like that happen.  I hope you can get them to fix it.  Thumbsup

RE: Square Enix Support Center - Qhora Bajihri - 06-10-2015

I've had to reconstruct ages-old FFXI accounts a couple of times, and it's always been smooth and easy once I got in contact with a real person via chat. Not sure how the FFXIV service compares, but I'd hope it's similar.