Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] I just need buddies. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] I just need buddies. (/showthread.php?tid=12015)

I just need buddies. - rept7 - 06-11-2015

Heya everyone.  I'm looking for people that would be interested in partying up regularly for roleplay and gameplay as well as maybe forming a consistent group to venture through the story of Heavensward.  A story based 'static' if you will.  I have a healer class ready and I'm working on getting my tank class caught up on his gear.  

Of course, I'm not just going to fill the roles in just like that.  We still have weeks before the game comes out and in that time, I'd like to meet you first.  I don't go on adventures with other people outside of the Duty Finder enough, and I can't convince myself to join an FC on my own accord.  

Until Heavensward is out, I'd love to do whatever with you guys.  Go on RP adventures, run some dungeons or trials as a group, even just gathering and crafting stuff.  You can reply to this forum, but for best results, send my character "Rept Sevven" in-game mail, or /tell him if I'm online.

RE: I just need buddies. - Fox - 06-11-2015

I'd possibly suggest checking out some of the Linkshells that are out there. They aren't free companies, and you can join up to eight. You don't have to be guilded or anything. Maybe even make one yourself and invite your friends to it. Smile That way communication is easier.

RE: I just need buddies. - rept7 - 06-11-2015

(06-11-2015, 02:50 AM)Foxberry Wrote: I'd possibly suggest checking out some of the Linkshells that are out there. They aren't free companies, and you can join up to eight. You don't have to be guilded or anything. Maybe even make one yourself and invite your friends to it. Smile That way communication is easier.
I'm in a few and it's not really helping.  I get a bit overwhelmed in groups without an assured buddy to keep me anchored.  And unfortunately, the entire point of this thread is that I don't have said buddies yet.

RE: I just need buddies. - Aris - 06-11-2015

Could you tell us a bit more about your character? It may help people come forward if they know more about the sort of RP adventures you're aiming for. Smile
Best of luck finding a group!

RE: I just need buddies. - rept7 - 06-11-2015

(06-11-2015, 05:57 AM)Aris Wrote: Could you tell us a bit more about your character? It may help people come forward if they know more about the sort of RP adventures you're aiming for. Smile
Best of luck finding a group!
Well, as a role player, I'm unfortunately no novelist.  I'm better at finding roleplay explanations for in-game mechanics so I can fully utilize the gameplay into role plays.  
As a character, that's a bit harder to define.  Rept Sevven's main deal is that he wants to keep his allies safe.  After the miqote was raised by Hyur conjurers (hence his none traditional miqote name.) he learned the arts of the white Mage and became an adventurer.  While he is on his way to master the art, he realized that standing back and just watching people get hurt was a bit hard to stomach, so by impulse, he took up the shield and learned what he could, the mi'qote now able to stand in the front lines as well as the back.  
As for personality, that's a bit trickier.  He pretty much intersects with myself.  He is either calm and collected, able to plan his way through an encounter.  On the other hand, he was raised by conjurers and knows how to commune with nature more than he knows how to communicate with people, so he's unfortunately rather quirky about, some times more so.  
Finally, he has no interest in mercenary or military groups.  He's an adventurer and appreciates the freedom granted to him for being one.  

TL;DR:  Casual roleplayer in every sense of the word.  Do not expect something out of a novel.  Rather, expect gameplay integration and adventure.

RE: I just need buddies. - OttoVann - 06-11-2015

You like drugs? I like drugs. We can work with that.