Hydaelyn Role-Players
Margarah Fashion Showdown! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Margarah Fashion Showdown! (/showthread.php?tid=1203)

Pages: 1 2

Margarah Fashion Showdown! - Kylin - 03-22-2012

The Margarah chapter of the House Mavanix/Avalon mini-epic will focus on a major internal house struggle between the matriarch'€™s (Elza) supporters and supporters of Nina and Kalara Mavanix. Margarah, the fashion/merchant sector of House Mavanix, is attempting to break away from the house entirely as per the article posted in the Tonberry's Lantern. This event will be quite similar to the fashion contest hosted by Outer Heaven last year, though with a very different and slightly more serious IC angle to it.

About three in game events are planned for this. Two will be preparation events and the third will be the big fashion showdown itself. I'€™m hoping to gather a lot of support for this as I'm sure it'€™ll be quite fun for all involved parties. Elza'€™s side will consist of a more liberal mindset whereas Nina and Kalara's side will consist of a more conservative mindset. If nothing else, this will serve as a wonderful opportunity to create some mild IC conflict by exposing different character beliefs in fashion/politics. Below is a tentative schedule:

Tentative Schedule:

Spoiler: show
I have a lot of people asking me about the schedule so here's a tentative one (subject to change depending on my work schedule and the schedules of others). Locations and other details to be revealed later via IC correspondence and fliers. Yes, it starts this week but if it's too short notice for too many people, I can possibly push it back another week to an extent. I purposely tried my best to leave the weekend alone for fear it would conflict with LS events.

Friday, April 13th around 6-9pm EST: Preliminary preparation event #1. Two separate events will be held back to back, one for each team. Judges are welcome to attend either, both, or neither in order to ensure all rules are upheld. Models themselves should TRY their best to attend, barring any other commitments.

Monday, April 16th around 6-9 pm EST: Preliminary prep event #2. This will involve a public auction of sorts to buy certain high class wares for the showdown, so ANYONE is welcome to attend this. Just keep in mind that it's an event held by the upper class of Ul'dah and so there will be a lot of stuffy nobles roaming about as NPCs xD.

Saturday, April 21st around 6-9pm EST: Fashion Showdown. This will be the actual event and all judges and participants should arrive as early as possible ("fashionably late" is not very fashionable for something like this xD).

Obviously, this is all coming rather quickly. Pushing it back further will be extremely difficult since people have plans at the very end of the month and/or the beginning of the month. Plus, 1.22 could interfere with the schedule if it gets pushed back any further.

IC recruitment for some still has to happen ASAP. If you have not been approached IC about any of this, send me a tell (Kylin Mavanix) in game immediately. I'll be on most of today and Thursday and will try to keep myself open for RP scenes. Also, still need someone to host the showdown event. Another judge or two may be needed as well :/

Roles Filled/Needed:

Judges: Those who will have a non-bias view in the competition and judge each side's contestants based on their fashion sense. Judges will be hired by Margarah and will ICly be agreed upon by both team leaders.

4/3 (backups desired as well) slots filled (Eva, Miyu, and Xenedra) Kyri as backup.

Announcer:
0/1 (backup desired as well) slots filled

Contestants: Those who will actually wear the outfits on stage before the judges.

Team Avalon (Elza'€™s team)--
3/3 Slots filled (Everwatch members)

Team Margarah (Nina and Kalara'€™s team)--
4/3 Slots filled (Aysun, Yssen, Calico, Dralid) + extras in case 1 or more can't show.

Unknown: Azreiel, Mali

Audience members: Anyone and everyone is welcome to be a spectator of the "duel."

If interested in serving any of these roles, please post and we'€™ll work out the IC details afterwards. If your character is a mercenary type, perhaps you'€™d be hired with lots of gil to wear and display the team'€™s chosen outfits. Or maybe your character just loves fashion and would jump at this chance to show their stuff. This fashion showdown will determine who maintains control over Margarah and again, it'€™s a great opportunity for mild IC conflict between differing character fashion/political viewpoints!

Basic Structure:

• 3 total rounds, unless a victor is declared prior to. One team to be declared victor at end of each round.
  • Models will strut across the stage one at a time, one team at a time. 3 models, possibly differing in each round, will be displayed per team, per round.
  • A brief intermission (10-15 minutes) will be held between rounds for models to change outfits.
  • A point system will not (officially) be used, though individual judges may utilize one for their own reference. After making comments, judges will simply award their vote to one team or the other for each round. Whichever team is awarded the most votes wins the entire round.
  • Judges will have access to an extensive list of rules (ICly, not OOCly) and will ensure that each team remains within the framework provided.
  • Winner of the duel, in accordance with the contract between House Mavanix and Margarah, will take full control over the Margarah business.

Re: Margarah Fashion Showdown! - Eva - 03-22-2012

I would be interested in judging~ Wink

Re: Margarah Fashion Showdown! - Smiling River - 03-22-2012

(Yo Eva why you so judgmental?! Also, my character has no interest in fashion but is very political, on the far liberal side (based on the setting) so please let me know how to get involved if at all.)

Re: Margarah Fashion Showdown! - Xenedra - 03-22-2012

I would also be interested in judging Big Grin

Re: Margarah Fashion Showdown! - Miyu Asuka - 03-23-2012

Miyukins as well, would be sincerely interested in Judging.

Re: Margarah Fashion Showdown! - Tivahlt - 03-23-2012

Since no one is being daring today I guess I'll be the first. I VOLUNTEER MALI AS A CONTESTANT!

She is very self-conscious and doesn't like fashion very much, but she's also a merc and not terribly bright, so offer enough money and play down the fashion aspect and she would probably assume she's just there to show support for a political rally. Once the clothes come out, she'll be honor-bound to wear whatever they decide to put on her, whether she likes it or not. Wink

For now I'm throwing my hat in with the Margarah team, but we'll see what happens. Either side can buy her off, really.

Re: Margarah Fashion Showdown! - Kylin - 03-28-2012

Any other interest at all? I really don't want to cancel this like the myriad of other unique events I've already had to ><.

All that's needed would be 3 models (male or female) on each side. A couple backups would be nice too just in case one or more of the models can't make the scheduled date/time. Again, we can work out the IC details /after/ the fact. I just need OOC interest first. Depending on the team you choose, a number of IC workarounds could be made. Team Avalon would likely put up a lot of pressure/guilt and/or offer a ton of gil to work as the one-time model. Team Margarah could do the same, along with potential blackmail/coercion tactics since Nina and Kalara are total...well, you know xD.

Re: Margarah Fashion Showdown! - Yssen - 03-28-2012

Put Yssen down for being down for being a model. ;p

Re: Margarah Fashion Showdown! - Aysun - 03-28-2012

Sure why not. xD Put Aysun down to model. Team Margarah, probably. Have you decided when it's supposed to be?

Re: Margarah Fashion Showdown! - Calico - 04-06-2012

Put Calico the Fashion Mercenary down for Team Avalon! That'll be Lots of Gil, please!

Re: Margarah Fashion Showdown! - Hayden - 04-08-2012

If the chosen date falls in line with my work schedule, I would like to sign Hayden up for team "where ever there is room left"

Re: Margarah Fashion Showdown! - Dralid - 04-08-2012

Well, this seems comical and amusing.
Count good Ol' Dralid as a contestant!

Re: Margarah Fashion Showdown! - Kylin - 04-09-2012

This is all largely set to go. There are plenty of contestants now. It's likely that, per recent RP, Everwatch will be contracted out for Team Avalon. However, that doesn't mean there's still no room there. I do need to work out some RP with most of the volunteers (judges and contestants) still to properly 'recruit' them into the cause. Team Margarah is a bit...difficult to approach due to its leaders being incredibly snobby noblewomen who only want the absolute best for their team (experienced models, etc). So we'll have to come up with something on that front for those who will be on that team.

Dates are not set yet. A couple preliminary events are being planned to 'prepare' the models and judges, which should be entertaining. I would like a couple more volunteers for judges in case anyone in the current roster can't make the date/time. I'd like like a host/hostess who can make comments as each model takes the stage (along with a backup host/hostess in case the primary can't attend).

Should anyone see another opportunity to involve yourself (designing clothing to be displayed, etc), please don't hesitate to speak up. More details will be revealed in the very near future, including a schedule.

Re: Margarah Fashion Showdown! - Aysun - 04-09-2012

I'd also like to offer my services as a weaver/leatherworker/carpenter for any wardrobes you might have in mind when the time comes.

Re: Margarah Fashion Showdown! - Kylin - 04-10-2012

I have a lot of people asking me about the schedule so here's a tentative one (subject to change depending on my work schedule and the schedules of others). Locations and other details to be revealed later via IC correspondence and fliers. Yes, it starts this week but if it's too short notice for too many people, I can possibly push it back another week to an extent. I purposely tried my best to leave the weekend alone for fear it would conflict with LS events.

Friday, April 13th around 6-9pm EST: Preliminary preparation event #1. Two separate events will be held back to back, one for each team. Judges are welcome to attend either, both, or neither in order to ensure all rules are upheld. Models themselves should TRY their best to attend, barring any other commitments.

Monday, April 16th around 6-9 pm EST: Preliminary prep event #2. This will involve a public auction of sorts to buy certain high class wares for the showdown, so ANYONE is welcome to attend this. Just keep in mind that it's an event held by the upper class of Ul'dah and so there will be a lot of stuffy nobles roaming about as NPCs xD.

Friday, April 20th OR Saturday, April 21st around 6-9pm EST: Fashion Showdown. This will be the actual event and all judges and participants should arrive as early as possible ("fashionably late" is not very fashionable for something like this xD).

Obviously, this is all coming rather quickly. Pushing it back further will be extremely difficult since people have plans at the very end of the month and/or the beginning of the month. Plus, 1.22 could interfere with the schedule if it gets pushed back any further.

IC recruitment for some still has to happen ASAP. If you have not been approached IC about any of this, send me a tell (Kylin Mavanix) in game immediately. I'll be on most of today and Thursday and will try to keep myself open for RP scenes. Also, still need someone to host the showdown event. Another judge or two may be needed as well :/

EDIT: Also edited the original post with relevant info.