Hydaelyn Role-Players
Not Getting Early Access - What Are Your Plans? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Not Getting Early Access - What Are Your Plans? (/showthread.php?tid=12066)

Pages: 1 2

Not Getting Early Access - What Are Your Plans? - Melodia - 06-15-2015

So with HW coming out next week and early access beginning at the end of the week, we'll all be diving in....er...well....not all of us can get the early access due to budgets.

I am one of these people and I know I can't possibly be alone in this department.

If you are one of the few who won't be doing early access, what are your plans for the weekend in game before HW officially launches next week?

Me? I am leveling up my Rogue and Archer, doing my daily cactpot. Trying to get a few seals if possible for GC gear. And tweaking my room a bit....it's soooo close to done. Smile 

What about anyone else? LOL or will I be the only one? Tongue

RE: Not Getting Early Access - What Are Your Plans? - Magellan - 06-15-2015

Hehe. I still haven't ordered my copy. Not sure when I will. I'm sort 've in denial about the existence of HW. I still have so much to do in ARR that the idea of new content is overwhelming ^^;

Oh well. I'll probably order it for the Au Ra, and keep plugging away at current content.

RE: Not Getting Early Access - What Are Your Plans? - Manari - 06-15-2015

I will not be in early access either, as I haven't even looked into buying Heavensward yet. In fact, I likely won't even have the expansion for a long while. I might just finally take this chance to focus on RP... however, that would imply that other players are around to RP with. And I kind of doubt that will be the case with a shiny new expansion out. So that being the case, I might not even be playing FFXIV for a while. I'm not really sure yet.

RE: Not Getting Early Access - What Are Your Plans? - shotgunbadger - 06-15-2015

I'm positive there will be plenty around to RP with still, don't fear there.

RE: Not Getting Early Access - What Are Your Plans? - Addison - 06-15-2015

You're not the only one!

As for me, I'll be getting my whm up to snuff, and that includes leveling ARC more and unlocking THM.

Oh and rp of course.

RE: Not Getting Early Access - What Are Your Plans? - Griffith! - 06-15-2015

I don't get my check 'til this Friday, so I don't even technically own the main game yet. I have just an overwhelming amount of content to get through, considering I've already hit the level twenty cap on the free trial.

I will be trailing behind in the Heavensward department for quite some time.

RE: Not Getting Early Access - What Are Your Plans? - Viola - 06-15-2015

Since I won't be playing the expansion until Saturday, I'm just gonna keep chugging at what I'm doing, in this case wait for the chance to become DRK ASAP.

RE: Not Getting Early Access - What Are Your Plans? - Suviyo Viyo - 06-17-2015

I'm glad to see there are other people not jumping straight into the expansion. For me it's because of the expansion (and the resulting drastic price drop to $9.99 for boxed copies of the main game) that I can finally feel like I can afford to purchase and play it.

So yeah, Got my character set up on Balmung and I'm likely going to go about the process of leveling her up and getting a better feel for the lore and stories of the game and then hopefully get into RPing with some other people.

I might purchase Heavensward if/when it drops down closer to $9.99 in price.

To be honest, I'm rarely into being the first to purchase and play things. I just bought an Xbox 360 recently and had fun playing games like Oblivion for the first time! I remember back in 2001 or so was when I got my first Playstation... a good six years after its release and it was totally "new" to me. And on and on like that... yup...

RE: Not Getting Early Access - What Are Your Plans? - Spethah - 06-17-2015

(06-17-2015, 05:56 AM)Suviyo Viyo Wrote: I might purchase Heavensward if/when it drops down closer to $9.99 in price.

I hope you like waiting for half a year plus as most expansions pricing start to decline at that point though with my speculation on the demand for Heavensward, you might have to wait a little longer than that.

I actually have Early Access, but I did have plans in case I couldn't get it. Was going to run through the steam games that I have that needs finishing and start getting some art done instead of staring at a blank canvas. Luckily I did manage to get Early Access though! Hope you guys have fun while the 3 day hype happens!

RE: Not Getting Early Access - What Are Your Plans? - Melodia - 06-17-2015

Well, as someone who usually avoids hype trains (at my age they no longer feel as fun), lol, I'll be fine. I have things to keep me busy and besides, Melodia always finds ways to keep herself occupied. Wink

RE: Not Getting Early Access - What Are Your Plans? - Suviyo Viyo - 06-17-2015

(06-17-2015, 06:14 AM)Septha Wrote: I hope you like waiting for half a year plus as most expansions pricing start to decline at that point though with my speculation on the demand for Heavensward, you might have to wait a little longer than that.

Well, if my comment about my first Playstation indicates anything... a year and a half would be a super-SHORT wait for me... as I am often willing and able to wait a good 5 years or more for things if I need to. Honestly.... as a gal dipping into her late 30s... time often feels like it passes wayyyy too quickly these days any ways (5 years is how long it took me to get through college and that felt like it flew by in a blink)!

(06-17-2015, 08:25 AM)Suviyo Viyo Wrote:
(06-17-2015, 06:14 AM)Septha Wrote: I hope you like waiting for half a year plus as most expansions pricing start to decline at that point though with my speculation on the demand for Heavensward, you might have to wait a little longer than that.

Well, if my comment about my first Playstation indicates anything... a year and a half would be a super-SHORT wait for me... as I am often willing and able to wait a good 5 years or more for things if I need to. Honestly.... as a gal dipping into her late 30s... time often feels like it passes wayyyy too quickly these days any ways (5 years is how long it took me to get through college and that felt like it flew by in a blink)!

*Toasts* As someone just a hair from 40, I salute you.

RE: Not Getting Early Access - What Are Your Plans? - Coatleque - 06-17-2015

Playing Witcher 3 until the hype dies out and the servers stabilize enough to log on.

RE: Not Getting Early Access - What Are Your Plans? - Magellan - 06-17-2015

I'm still rocking a ps2 c: I feel ya!

(06-17-2015, 09:36 AM)Magellan Wrote:

I'm still rocking a ps2 c: I feel ya!

*Breaks out the pong machine and pauses*

Oh....maybe too far back....

*Puts back*

Go Sega! xD