Hydaelyn Role-Players
What do you do irl? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: What do you do irl? (/showthread.php?tid=12080)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: What do you do irl? - 13uddy - 07-30-2015

I'm actually quite envious of some of the jobs you all have.  

With all of my health issues, all the medications I'm on and other things, I don't really have a proper career.  I just do little odd jobs here and there.  It may not allow me to live in "luxury", but while I may not have everything I want, I have what I need.  But I spent a few years in my late teens and early 20's homeless, so just having a roof over my head and food to eat makes me feel very, very lucky.

RE: What do you do irl? - Reiner Dorn - 07-30-2015

(07-30-2015, 10:48 AM)Flynt Knoltros Wrote:
(07-30-2015, 10:18 AM)Reiner Dorn Wrote: I am the Technical and operations manager at a Performing Arts Center. Have been doing this for a bout 5 years after leaving the US Navy It's quite a good job, and I love working in the arts as a playwright as well.
Can confirm coolness of job, and intend to walk around theater area with a clipboard in a suit and fool people into thinking I belong in the near future.
One day. I'll try and have a name tag made, even to say flynt Knoltros and see how many people we can fool

RE: What do you do irl? - Seye Qhesu - 07-30-2015

Medical administration float.

I work between 23 offices and a main hospital which means I need to memorize 23 different ways to do the same thing since every office is different. I handle medical records, scanning, filing, billing, referrals, appointments, scheduling imaging, and more. I get extra pay over other med secs to keep me in the pool so I don't decide on a home office because good floats are hard to come by.

RE: What do you do irl? - Stormwind - 07-30-2015

Formerly a Systems technician, bumped into a Sys Admin role following some heavy "organizational restructuring" for a regional bank. Double to triple the work load, maybe a quarter of the pay.

I like my job, but dammit I really need to get paid more for it.

RE: What do you do irl? - Okichi - 07-30-2015

Currently working towards a master's degree in interactive technology specializing in software development. In short, video game programmer.

RE: What do you do irl? - Ignacius - 07-30-2015

Architectural designer, specializing in health care design.

RE: What do you do irl? - Sigil.9054 - 07-30-2015

Computer Tech for a locally owned business. We mostly service other small businesses.

RE: What do you do irl? - Sig - 07-30-2015

Civil litigation (gag).

RE: What do you do irl? - Kiur - 08-03-2015

I'm a part-time cashier. The job itself is fine (If painful to my legs and feet) but I do get tired of the... people.

RE: What do you do irl? - BaneWarden - 08-03-2015

Work in a family owned insurance agency. 

I also shoot at lizards in my free time, out of principal. =P

RE: What do you do irl? - LadyRochester - 08-03-2015

I'm a psychology student. I seek to get a doctor's degree eventually, specifically in the areas of clinical and forensic psychology. Smile 

I otherwise don't work, unless going to the gym counts. I'm very lucky to be in a financial situation where getting a job isn't necessary, but I might try working as an English tutor next year.

RE: What do you do irl? - Tistan - 09-11-2015

I am a chef in RL. Smile

RE: What do you do irl? - ZacharyVolfire - 09-11-2015

In real life im juggling several jobs but here they are.

Craftsmen-Work at a forge/construction company in Baltimore.
Doujinshi Writer- I write Smut Scripts.
Seamster-i design outfits from Cosplay to weddings.
Freelance Goldsmith- I make jewelry for people for cosplay and various other things.
Blacksmith?-Also make cosplay weapons as well. Metal and wooden

Im working on getting my art degree while doing all this ;-;

RE: What do you do irl? - Vale - 09-11-2015

Formerly a F-15 engine mechanic in the USAF. 4 years as a systems administrator after that. Now? Full-time college student using his GI Bill. Working on getting a Bachelors degree in Digital Forensics. Oh, and I'm also an English tutor a few hours a week at my college, but that doesn't pay much.

RE: What do you do irl? - Rusty Knight - 09-11-2015

Search & Rescue.