Hydaelyn Role-Players
FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE (/showthread.php?tid=12084)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Suviyo Viyo - 06-17-2015

Well... it's certainly the game in the series that needed it the most. I remember having a fondness for the aesthetic quality of all the early 8bit and 16bit games that I was raised on... so when I first played FFVII in my early 20s my impressions were NOT positive!

I mean... it grew on me and I did wind up enjoying it in a lot of ways... still... aesthetically it felt like a huge step backward from the charm of the 16bit era

I'm glad things got fixed to look much much nicer in FFVIII and (OMG my favorite) FFIX!

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Kellach Woods - 06-17-2015

They said they'd be re-touching everything including the scenario. You'll probably see expanded universe inclusions, and for me hopefully more fleshing out of the side characters.

Other than Cid really wishing he had a bigger penis (C'mon a spear and a rocket?) and Barret being Mr. T I barely know anything about the characters I wub.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Aaron - 06-17-2015

I just want to cry as Sephiroth penetrates my love interest with his sword.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Cato - 06-17-2015

I can't wait to see what Rufus looks like. I hope they give him a few additional scenes - he was one of my favourite characters in the game. Though I've always found morally grey characters much more intriguing than outright heroes or villains.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Lottie - 06-17-2015

(06-17-2015, 06:58 PM)Graeham Wrote: I can't wait to see what Rufus looks like. I hope they give him a few additional scenes - he was one of my favourite characters in the game. Though I've always found morally grey characters much more intriguing than outright heroes or villains.
Him and the Turks, too. I felt like they needed more screen time than what they were given between 7 and Advent Children. I guess they appeared in Before Crisis but ... eh? -Shrug.-

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Leomoon - 06-18-2015

(06-15-2015, 09:54 PM)Edda Wrote: Please look forward to it in 2020 for the PS5!
/die

I wanna be 7 again!

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Cailean Lockwood - 06-18-2015

Reno! <3
Yes, I like redheads. ;P

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Aduu Avagnar - 06-18-2015

(06-17-2015, 06:14 AM)Aaron Wrote:
(06-17-2015, 05:57 AM)cherrybomb Wrote: The problem isn't just an aversion to anything that didn't happen in the original, though - you're kind of glossing over the more relevant point. Candor's post is absolutely spot-on; introducing a retcon for absolutely no narrative benefit besides over-complication for the sake of it is a major storytelling pitfall. (& as a metal gear fan i'm intimately familiar with it :II) Even putting aside all the stuff that makes Genesis such an obnoxious and trite character, his inclusion is just plain redundant and unnecessary, which is a thing that's endemic to the extended universe style of writing in general.

It's kind of telling that even a lot of the people who really like Crisis Core's story tend to say stuff like, "yea it was surprisingly good whenever Genesis wasn't on screen"
Except it wasn't really a retcon?
except it was. Retcon's are not inherently bad, nor to they denote a negative meaning. A retcon is a 'Retroactive Continuity' a change made after the launch of something.

It is peoples feelings to the original work that determine if they feel it is a negative thing or not.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Aaron - 06-18-2015

You're touching a dead argument dude. I already gave up trying to talk about it lol

Though I can't say you can't still voice your opinion on the matter.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Zoetrooper - 06-18-2015

I am both intrigued and scared. I appreciated the general storytelling of this game when I was a kid, but I have since tried to revisit it since I've grown and I had a serious urge to strangle Cloud through much of the plot. Or wheel him in his little chair off a nearby cliff-face.

I hope that changes somewhat.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Edgar - 06-18-2015

(06-18-2015, 03:30 PM)Zoetrooper Wrote: I am both intrigued and scared. I appreciated the general storytelling of this game when I was a kid, but I have since tried to revisit it since I've grown and I had a serious urge to strangle Cloud through much of the plot. Or wheel him in his little chair off a nearby cliff-face.

I hope that changes somewhat.

*Points to Claire Lightning Fairron and Noctis Lucis Caelum*

It won't.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Zoetrooper - 06-18-2015

(06-18-2015, 03:38 PM)Edgar Wrote: *Points to Claire Lightning Fairron and Noctis Lucis Caelum*

It won't.

Urge to try it out... dwindling...

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Edgar - 06-18-2015

(06-18-2015, 03:41 PM)Zoetrooper Wrote:
(06-18-2015, 03:38 PM)Edgar Wrote: *Points to Claire Lightning Fairron and Noctis Lucis Caelum*

It won't.

Urge to try it out... dwindling...

Ah, don't worry.

Cloud is hardly a killing blow to an otherwise good game, you know that.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Aaron - 06-18-2015

I hope they remaster FF 13 and 13-2 .

Come at me nerd

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Cailean Lockwood - 06-18-2015

(06-18-2015, 03:55 PM)Aaron Wrote: I hope they remaster FF 13 and 13-2 .

Come at me nerd

Why? Why would you want that? Why would you want Squeenix to polish that shit even further? Just... WHY?! D:

Well, I do like Snow. :3
But otherwise... WHYYYYY???