Hydaelyn Role-Players
FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE (/showthread.php?tid=12084)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Zyrusticae - 06-15-2015

FINALLY.

FF7 is one of those games that REALLY BADLY needed an overhaul. It's aged extremely poorly with its bizarre super-deformed 3D models. FF8 and FF9 at least look 'okay', good enough to not be eyesores, but FF7 is a whole other ball of wax.

I'll be surprised if they don't continue using the 3D models on pre-rendered backgrounds in the remake, however. Because doing so would allow them to put an absolutely insane amount of detail on the character models and backgrounds. Do it Pillars of Eternity-style (but targeting higher specs, naturally).

If it IS full 3D in the vein of the tech demo, well, I won't be disappointed. Either way, it's gonna look much better than the original, and that's really its biggest flaw (besides the translation work, anyway).

Then again, I haven't actually played the game in ages. I'm not sure how well its gameplay holds up by modern standards...

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Arter Wood - 06-15-2015

(06-15-2015, 10:34 PM)Aaron Wrote:
(06-15-2015, 10:31 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:
(06-15-2015, 10:30 PM)Aaron Wrote: If people aren't excited or even positively affected by the remake.

Please do /not/ post in a thread titled Final Fantasy 7 Remake especially if its in all caps. No one in this thread wants to hear any negative remarks. It's how petty arguments get started.

Just a little advice for future reference

I bet you liked SimAnt.
I don't even know what that is lol. Am I a disgrace?  D:
Nah, you just like SimCopter.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Edda - 06-15-2015

(06-15-2015, 10:22 PM)Arter Wood Wrote:
(06-15-2015, 10:14 PM)Edda Wrote: Holy shit people, if you actually like Final Fantasy the series there is no reason to NOT be excited for this port.

So if you were a fan of sim city, would you enjoy the one that was released in 2013? Oh, yay, new sim city! I hope it's g-- oh, it's .. [sup]trash.

[/sup]Just saying, your logic isn't thought through. Not all fans love everything.

Edit: Needless to say, my logic isn't the best either. Think of it as a port to a game you don't really care about, and you like others more.
Okay, if I think of it like that, then I still don't see the problem. I was not really a huge fan of Final Fantasy X/X-2, but I am glad they made the HD port, and even more glad it sold well. Why? Because I fucking adore Final Fantasy XII, and if SE sees a PS2 port doing very well, they will be more inclined to do an HD remaster of the game I do like. Guaranteed, no, but the chance is there. If they manage to pull off an FFVII remake, and it makes enough money to buy every exec at SE Japan a new B2, then maybe they'll remake Final Fantasy IX, which would make my head explode even harder than it did when a new PS3 retailed for 600 USD.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - TheLastCandle - 06-15-2015

If it were a modern remake of FF6, I would currently be unconscious. As it stands, I'll play it - I won't lie - but I'm not anywhere near the level of insanity that's showing up on my social media feed right now.

WAY MORE EXCITED FOR THAT SHENMUE 3 THOUGH

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Zyrusticae - 06-15-2015

(06-15-2015, 10:35 PM)Edda Wrote: Okay, if I think of it like that, then I still don't see the problem. I was not really a huge fan of Final Fantasy X/X-2, but I am glad they made the HD port, and even more glad it sold well. Why? Because I fucking adore Final Fantasy XII, and if SE sees a PS2 port doing very well, they will be more inclined to do an HD remaster of the game I do like. Guaranteed, no, but the chance is there. If they manage to pull off an FFVII remake, and it makes enough money to buy every exec at SE Japan a new B2, then maybe they'll remake Final Fantasy IX, which would make my head explode even harder than it did when a new PS3 retailed for 600 USD.
THAT'S THE DREAM!

Too bad it's not happening for at least half a decade, if not longer. Good thing I have so much other stuff to occupy myself with in the meantime...

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Ryanti - 06-15-2015

(06-15-2015, 10:35 PM)Edda Wrote: Because I fucking adore Final Fantasy XII, and if SE sees a PS2 port doing very well, they will be more inclined to do an HD remaster of the game I do like.

God. Seriously. That's the primary reason why I was happy about X's HD remaster. Because if it sold well then it meant XII had a chance. Doesn't look like it now, though. Maybe more in the future.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Cato - 06-15-2015

(06-15-2015, 10:34 PM)Edgar Wrote:
(06-15-2015, 10:14 PM)Edda Wrote: Holy shit people, if you actually like Final Fantasy the series there is no reason to NOT be excited for this port. If Square Enix can actually pull this off (hurrr >implying), then it will mean nothing but good news for the series. After the ass disaster that was FFXIII and it's ilk, SE has been much more responsive to fan feedback, and if they get enough thumbs up for revisiting and remaking older games, who's to stop them from doing more? Now get those rods out of your butts and be happy, I mean - it could have been a port to the iOS for Chrissake, and that would have been good cause to be upset.

I am excited. 

I expressed, very keenly, what my desire is and what my issues are with the title. If they throw in something as stupidly simple as a bonus dungeon or even go to town like they did with X/X-2 HD, I will adore the game. If FF7 is getting remade with the new engine for the sake of looks, I will be pissed because that is not enough to warrant such a huge asking price. It's a legitimate concern. You can't fault me for being realistic. 

Also, for the love of FUCK, can we stop referring to the individual development teams working on the many projects as a collective entity? Do you realize what you are implying? I'm fairly sure Naoki Yoshida did not develop FFXIII. And I'm quite certain the music for Kingdom Hearts was not composed by Nobuo Uematsu. There are different Dev teams behind these series, and I'm tired of hearing that "Squeenix" is the source of all the trouble. When you use a catch-all like that, you make it sound like everyone in the corporate proper is held accountable. And that's just not the case. 

To be fair you could always just wait until it goes down in price. I'm sure there will be plenty of deals to get it at a reduced price shortly before and after it becomes available. It's also likely to be some time until it's released so that'll give keen fans the chance to start putting money aside right now if they so wish.

Even if it's just given the upgraded graphics treatment and there's no new content I'll still be buying it simply because after so much time it'll feel very fresh to see everything in upgraded detail. 

Though if they do add some bonus content...I'll be very happy. If I'm not mistaken the original game had some content that was cut/unfinished so perhaps we'll be treated with having a few expanded area/new places to explore?

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - TheLastCandle - 06-15-2015

I just hope it has none of that Genesis shit from Crisis Core or Underground soldiers added in.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Cato - 06-15-2015

(06-15-2015, 10:37 PM)Ryanti Wrote:
(06-15-2015, 10:35 PM)Edda Wrote: Because I fucking adore Final Fantasy XII, and if SE sees a PS2 port doing very well, they will be more inclined to do an HD remaster of the game I do like.

God. Seriously. That's the primary reason why I was happy about X's HD remaster. Because if it sold well then it meant XII had a chance. Doesn't look like it now, though. Maybe more in the future.

I really hope we do get a HD remaster of XII. I suppose news of it will be kept quiet for now since they won't want FFVII's remake overshadowing it.

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Ciel - 06-15-2015

(06-15-2015, 10:11 PM)Edgar Wrote:
(06-15-2015, 10:01 PM)Ciel Wrote: SE just needs to do a full remake of 6 from the ground up and stop ignoring its potential.

Ahem.

Playstation, Game Boy Advance, Android/Iso.

FF6 is just as overrated.

Those were ports, not remakes. The only thing updated about the ports were a little bit of spit shine on the sprites, that's it. Not the same thing.  Full remake = modern graphics. If not FFXIII quality graphics, then at least Crisis Core or Dissidia.

(06-15-2015, 10:34 PM)Edgar Wrote:
(06-15-2015, 10:14 PM)Edda Wrote: Holy shit people, if you actually like Final Fantasy the series there is no reason to NOT be excited for this port. If Square Enix can actually pull this off (hurrr >implying), then it will mean nothing but good news for the series. After the ass disaster that was FFXIII and it's ilk, SE has been much more responsive to fan feedback, and if they get enough thumbs up for revisiting and remaking older games, who's to stop them from doing more? Now get those rods out of your butts and be happy, I mean - it could have been a port to the iOS for Chrissake, and that would have been good cause to be upset.

I am excited. 

I expressed, very keenly, what my desire is and what my issues are with the title. If they throw in something as stupidly simple as a bonus dungeon or even go to town like they did with X/X-2 HD, I will adore the game. If FF7 is getting remade with the new engine for the sake of looks, I will be pissed because that is not enough to warrant such a huge asking price. It's a legitimate concern. You can't fault me for being realistic. 

Also, for the love of FUCK, can we stop referring to the individual development teams working on the many projects as Square Enix? Do you realize what you are implying? I'm fairly sure Naoki Yoshida did not develop FFXIII. And I'm quite certain the music for Kingdom Hearts was not composed by Nobuo Uematsu. There are different Dev teams behind these series, and I'm tired of hearing that "Squeenix" is the source of all the trouble. When you use a catch-all like that, you make it sound like everyone in the corporate proper is held accountable. And that's just not the case. 
Unfortunately, a remake with an entirely new engine is what people were expecting ever since that tech demo for the PS3 years ago. I am sorry if that is not up your alley, but that had always been Square's ace in the hole, and it looks like they're going for it. Perhaps not for the sake of looks, not really sure what that means, but for the sake of making money, which is their main goal. Not everyone's favorite flavor, but they do what they want.

And I shall thank you to let you know that referring to "Square Enix" as a single entity is perfectly fine and acceptable. Everyone and their grandmother knows that there are several divisions working on different games and completely separate from each other, division 3 for FFXV, 2 for KH3, and most likely 1 for FFVII (and Mobius Final Fantasy). Please do not expect me to write out something ridiculous like "If Square Enix Japan Division 1, currently headed by Ito can pull it off" or some such nonsense.

(06-15-2015, 10:37 PM)Ryanti Wrote:

Don't give up hope! There have been rumors that they were planning on it, and if not tomorrow during the SE conference, maybe during TGS? I'm SURE it will happen, it's just a question of when!

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Ryanti - 06-15-2015

(06-15-2015, 10:45 PM)Edda Wrote: Don't give up hope! There have been rumors that they were planning on it, and if not tomorrow during the SE conference, maybe during TGS? I'm SURE it will happen, it's just a question of when!

Trying not to! But with XV coming out, and now a VII Remake, I don't know if they would have the assets necessary for a XII HD release. If not because of financing or manpower, because of marketing. I can't help but think that VII pushed a XII HD release back.

But we'll see. Square has yet to have their conference. Now I won't be able to sleep. Frustrated

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - McBeefâ„¢ - 06-15-2015

I wanna see Cloud crossdress in HD.

(06-15-2015, 10:50 PM)Ryanti Wrote:
(06-15-2015, 10:45 PM)Edda Wrote: Don't give up hope! There have been rumors that they were planning on it, and if not tomorrow during the SE conference, maybe during TGS? I'm SURE it will happen, it's just a question of when!

Trying not to! But with XV coming out, and now a VII Remake, I don't know if they would have the assets necessary for a XII HD release. If not because of financing or manpower, because of marketing. I can't help but think that VII pushed a XII HD release back.

But we'll see. Square has yet to have their conference. Now I won't be able to sleep. Frustrated
If they do do it, they will probably outsource the HD port to another company like they did with X/X-2, which took quite a load off the amount of work they had to do. Although, really all they have to do is upscale the game and make a few tweaks, since 12 is easily the best looking PS2 game and looks amazing when emulated... I imagine it would come out after FFXV as filler between that and KH3. We won't be seeing Final Fantasy VII news for a WHILE now, so I don't think it will be affecting any other releases or plans they have. Thumbsup

RE: FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE - Blue - 06-15-2015

Once upon a time, Squaresoft and Enix married together and had a few babies...

FFXI -> First MMO attempt, good enough reception
FFXII -> Retired from sales just a few before launch, completely remade into a Star Wars carbon copy.
FFX-2 -> Sequel, riding FFX's success.
FFXIII -> Success due to high graphics plus the exploit of FFVII's cast/plot. Criticized due to almost unexistant exploration, a key factor in RPGs.
FFversusXIII -> Cancelled after years of attempts on finishing it.
FFXIV -> Riding FFXI/WoW's success and yet sunk to the bottom of the sea.
FFXIII-2 -> Riding FFXIII's success.
FFXIV ARR -> Rehash of FFXIV, much better (for most).
FFXIII LR -> Also riding FFXIII's success.
FFXV -> Made from the scrapes of FFversusXIII.
FFX HD Remastered -> FFX rehash
FFVII remake -> FFVII rehash.

I'll buy it because I'm a damn fan of Squaresoft, but sweet Jeebus someone needs a new story writing team badly.

EDIT: The best news of this announcement is that we can look forward to a collaboration event. Sephy's outfit, please gimme.